mtbr member
    Dec 2010

Anybody doing the Hammerman Triathlon?

Hey guys, just curious if anybody else here was doing the Hammerman Triathlon here in a few weeks? I'm coming down from Fairbanks to do it, never ridden in kincaid park. Ill be arriving a few days early for packet pick up and to pre-ride the course. Any tips or suggestions?

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I am one of the co-race directors for the race. Feel free to ask any specific questions you might have about the race.

If you haven't already, you should check out the race Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/pages/XTERR...58153620917772). If you scroll down to posts from June 6, 2012, you will see there are three helmet cam videos linked to that will give you a good idea of what to expect for the race course. If you are getting in by the 17th, you can join in on the last course preview we are running so you know the actual race course. If not, I would suggest spending most of your time riding the new STA singletrack out there as that is the biggest portion of the course and lends itself to the most time savings if you are comfortable on that kind of trail (banked corners, table-top jumps, etc...).

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I had planned to leave the evening of the 17th but got the email saying the last course preview was that evening, so it looks like ill be heading down in the morning. That will give me the course preview and a day or two of test riding the trails. Swimming in a random lake and running on unfamiliar trails I am comfortable with. Bikiing on them makes me nervous. I definately want to get as much riding in as possible before the race. Thanks for the info