i drink shower water

Any Eagle River Shredders Here?

Just curious how many people on here are Eagle River? I heard there is some potential up mile high, goos trail and what not. ALso i heard something about fire lake? fill me in i want to have a headstart one finding good trails before i get home from school.
    Prison is hard, everything else is easy

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    i'm from eagle river but leave for the summers to idaho, i think this is my first post in this forum too...

i ride an 06 sx trail... and uuh, i am 16 and uh, i won the snow race at alyeska back in febuary

let's ride...
    Dec 2006
    Well, it depends on your definition of a good trail. I'm relatively new to mountain biking and eagle river, but there are an abundance of trails and riding opportunities. The couple in ER that come to mind are more along the lines of backcountry riding. If you don't mind putting your miles in, they have a lot to offer including some sections of rollers, water crossings, etc. If your refering to purely stunt riding and jumping, I'm in the dark--do however feel free to bring me up to speed should you find any sort of freeriding trail.

I am not 16. I am almost thirty. And I came in third at the Alyeska downhill this past February. (Which, although a fun event, should have consisted of all jumps, rollers, and berms--the slalom was really just an exercise in uncontrolled chaos.) I don't know if I'm a "shredder" but I ride as much as I can. I ride a full suspension Kona. Almost 40lbs with six inches of travel; I ride it up hill climbs, down mountain trails, for back country exploration, hundred mile road rides, endurance racing... I also like to ride my 20" BMX and street bikes. And I'm building my first road bike this spring.

...So, I too am looking for new folks to ride with and new places to ride. ...

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    yea, the downhill thing at aly was pretty poorly designed if you ask me, but it was definatly fun though. hellbilly were you in the race this year or last year?

let's ride...
    Dec 2006
    I was at Alyeska this February. I just got my first mountain bike last May so I have been new to all of these events. I've taken to it like a fish to blah, blah...

Depending on your memory, I was riding a matte grey Kona Coiler.. also known as the old dude in the bmx sweatshirt...

i drink shower water
    when i say shredder i just mean some one who rides... i have heard rumors that there is shore like things somewhere in Eagle River. Can anyone confirm this?

let's ride...
    Dec 2006
    I have also heard rumor of some elusive trail riding in ER, but alas, every time I've pressed those individuals who let such inuendo fly, they become evasive. I want to believe that there are some incredible runs to be found here on the outskirts of the Chugach, but if they're real, those who are in the know are hush-hush.

It seems like an excellent opportunity to log some miles in search of this pot 'o gold...

i drink shower water
    yea i know the ER area pretty well from hiking, backcountry snowboarding, etc so i think i would be able to find em. soo if you are in the know and reading this then you should just PM me the info. If they are just myths then i know of great spots to set up shop... not on an already established trail of course.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    ooh, i remember seeing that coiler, but cant picture the face. i rode a friends during Christmas and their light weight and snappy geo makes em so fun!

hab1b i looked at your myspace and we got the same song hahaha i added you..