mtbr member
    May 2009

Anchorage mtn bike camps?

I have a 15 yo son that wants to attend a mtn bike camp this summer. Does anyone know of anything like this in anchorage? I have heard there is a club, but we live in Soldotna and would not be able to be in the big town often enough for that.

mtbr member
    May 2007

Mighty Bikes

Here you go:

Home Page

Looks like a good program, my son will be doing it this year for the first time this year

banned
    Apr 2012
    I think here you find right solution of your question:
    campchannel.com/Alaska/MountainBikingAndBMXCamps.cgi

mtbr member
    Jun 2012

Mountain Bike Clinics/Camps

Greetings "29inthe49". I would like to respond to your question regarding Bike Camps for your son. This summer at Alyeska Resort we will be offering Mountain Bike clinics and lessons for both Cross-country and Downhill Mountain Biking. These will begin on Friday July 6th and go through Monday, October 8th. We will be offering the Downhill sessions Fridays-Sundays as these are the days we will be operating our chairlifts. We can offer Cross-country sessions any day of the week. Please give me a call so I can answer any other questions you might have. (907) 754-2539. I can also work on putting together a multi-day session if that will work best for you. Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

FYI - A few of us just returned from Whistler where we were certified as Professional Mountain Bike Instructors (PMBI).

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Thank you for the reply! We have him enrolled in the Kincaid race series this year and he has been doing good. We really look forward to getting some lessons, and will be calling you soon!