Welcome to the 2012 riding season!
The snow is still piled high, but up north, the shoulders are clear. The brevet season kicks off on Saturday, April 21 with a 100K/200K combo starting and ending in Talkeetna. All riders will share the same course as far as Trapper Creek. From there the 200K riders will continue to Byers Lake, while the populiare riders will head back to Talkeetna to make sure the pizza ovens are in good working order and the beer taps function properly.
With no Big Wild Ride until 2013, we're offering our biggest ride calendar yet. If you've ever wanted to ride some new roads or challenge yourself on some new terrain, take the opportunity to join us this summer.
I especially want to highlight the team randonnée coming up in July. Last year we offered our first team randonnée, and it was an overwhelming success. There are some simple rules I'll post to the website soon, but in the meantime please take my word for it. This is the ride you don't want to miss this summer. Start getting your team members together right now (5 max, tandems are counted as 1 member) to design and submit your 180Km course, finishing at the Midnight Sun Brewery.
Please visit our website for details on all of our rides:
• 4/21/12 – Talkeetna 100K/200K
• 4/28/12 - Palmer Spring Classic 50K/100K/200K
• 5/12/12 – Homer End-of-the-Road 100K/200K
• 5/26/12 – Anch-Palmer-Anch 300K
• 5/26/12 – Denali Highway 200K
• 6/9/12 – Anch-Seward-Anch 200K/400K
• 6/17/12 – De Ronde van Anchorage 100K
• 6/23/12 – Gakona-Delta-Tok-Gakona 200K/400K/600K
• 7/21/12 – Palmer Backroads 100K
• 7/28/12 – 12-Hour Team Randonnée 180K
• 8/4/12 – Eagle River 100K/200K
• 8/18/12 – Chugiak/TalkeetnaChugiak 300K
• 9/15/12 – Glennallen/Chitna/Glennallen 100K/200K
• 9/22/12 – Kenai Backroads 100K/200K
Put the adventure back in your rides. Come ride with us!
RUSA RBA - Alaska
RUSA: Randonneurs USA
Alaska Randonneurs is on Facebook
Flickr: ak rando
Results 1 to 5 of 5