ABC Rec Div / STA Trails

Alaska Bike Shops List - Feedback on Info for the ABC Website Listing.

I am in the process of redoing the Arctic Bike Club website and updating and adding a lot of content.

One thing I would appreciate the feedback on is bicycle shops and if they still exist, I am missing any, or anything like that as is it one of the most common questions the club website gets.

Last summer I did some googling and phone calling to build the initial list.

In particular I am looking for:
    • Any bike shops or someplace someone could get something repaired between Wasilla and Fairbanks
    • Anything in the Glenallen or Delta Junction Areas or Valdez areas (if it exists)
    • Anything in Seward, Homer, Kenai, Soldotna, Kodiak, or elsewhere not already on the list.
    • Any missing shops; a shop for my purposes being defined as they sell new bikes and are not a chain big box store unless they have a heavy focus on cycling and offer repair services. (That is why REI is on the list but not Sports Authority); but I may reverse course on Sports Authority. I'm not planning on listing every home based repair business unless it is a full time thing (RTR and Webike and ArcticCycles) or there is a large generally known customer base already.
    • Any shops that you know any of the unknowns or believe the information is correct.

Link to the page:
    http://a8c.us/1jgOYP7

It can also be found on the ArcticbikeClub.org webpage by going to AK Cycling Info->Alaska Bicycle Shop Information.

I did start keeping track of brands each shop sold but that became too much info to maintain so I tried to focus on getting them listed, their hours, how much of their business was bikes, and if they rented and repaired.

I know everyone has their opinion about different shops and people; so I would appreciate the thread stick to the general facts.

I may also add a map to this page, and know I need to cleanup the formatting a bit but right now focusing on content.

Thanks
    Christopher

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Cyclelogical in Homer

Great shop and owner is doing a fantastic job promoting Ak cycling with cosponsoring Bog. Fat Bike Fest and working to get local MTb trails built

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    For Fairbanks, I think you are missing Beaver Sports ( | "Welcome to the Great Outdoors" ), Goldstream Sports (Goldstream Sports - Bicycles, Running, Skiing - Fairbanks, Alaska), and Raven Cross Country.

is buachail foighneach me
    For repairs between Wasilla and Fairbanks.

WeCycle, Sunshine Rd in Talkeetna, (907) 733-2170