I am in the process of redoing the Arctic Bike Club website and updating and adding a lot of content.
One thing I would appreciate the feedback on is bicycle shops and if they still exist, I am missing any, or anything like that as is it one of the most common questions the club website gets.
Last summer I did some googling and phone calling to build the initial list.
In particular I am looking for:
- Any bike shops or someplace someone could get something repaired between Wasilla and Fairbanks
- Anything in the Glenallen or Delta Junction Areas or Valdez areas (if it exists)
- Anything in Seward, Homer, Kenai, Soldotna, Kodiak, or elsewhere not already on the list.
- Any missing shops; a shop for my purposes being defined as they sell new bikes and are not a chain big box store unless they have a heavy focus on cycling and offer repair services. (That is why REI is on the list but not Sports Authority); but I may reverse course on Sports Authority. I'm not planning on listing every home based repair business unless it is a full time thing (RTR and Webike and ArcticCycles) or there is a large generally known customer base already.
- Any shops that you know any of the unknowns or believe the information is correct.
Link to the page:
It can also be found on the ArcticbikeClub.org webpage by going to AK Cycling Info->Alaska Bicycle Shop Information.
I did start keeping track of brands each shop sold but that became too much info to maintain so I tried to focus on getting them listed, their hours, how much of their business was bikes, and if they rented and repaired.
I know everyone has their opinion about different shops and people; so I would appreciate the thread stick to the general facts.
I may also add a map to this page, and know I need to cleanup the formatting a bit but right now focusing on content.
Results 1 to 4 of 4
Check out the hottest mountain bike products from these brands!
See All Interbike Coverage - Click Here »