Thread: 9zero7 help

mtbr member

9zero7 help

I know this probably better belongs on the fat forum but I figured there are more 9zero7 riders locally anyway.

I've got a 2014 9zero7 190mm rear. Just swapped on some D5 on 80mm rims and have chain rub. What gives? The D5 on an 80 is like 4.3" max. 2x10 drive train. I think I can make it work with a crank spacer as it barely touches, but for a bike made to run 5" tires there's no way a true 5 would fit. Glad I didn't get the snowshoe xl or ground control etc etc

What am I missing? Gotta run 1x10 to fit 5"?

Elitest thrill junkie
    There should be a few options, like spacing out your cassette by eliminating the smallest gear and placing it behind the rest, but the issue is possibly/likely your crankset, what size is it?
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member

9zero7 help

Yeah I'd rather not hobble the cassette just to make it work, though I know it's an option. The point of buying a 190/150 bike was to be able to run the big stuff if needed.

By size I assume you mean the width of the crank? Not sure. I am fairly certain it's a 100mm BB. Crank has three spacers on it. Two drive side and one on left. I might be able to move that one over but the crank arm passes dang close to the chain stay on the non drive side, so I may need to keep that spacer.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I would just run it by the one of the 907 shops I bet one one the mechanic's could take a look and give you a good idea how to fix it.

mtbr member

9zero7 help

Quote Originally Posted by exp18 View Post
    I would just run it by the one of the 907 shops I bet one one the mechanic's could take a look and give you a good idea how to fix it.
    I'm going to do that. In the mean time I moved that spacer over to the drive side and now the chain clears but by 1mm maybe 2.

Anchorage, AK
    You could also slightly offset the wheel to make a bit more space--maybe 1/8 turn looser on the drive side spokes and 1/8 of a turn tighter on the non-drive sides spokes.
    --Peace

Fat!Drunk!Slow!
    Sounds like a 170 crankset chainline on a 190 rear bike but without specific details, it will be hard to e-Help you. A shop visit should be considered. Good idea of moving the spacer over 1 to get you back on the trails!

is buachail foighneach me
    Quote Originally Posted by JordyB View Post
    Sounds like a 170 crankset chainline on a 190 rear bike but without specific details, it will be hard to e-Help you. A shop visit should be considered. Good idea of moving the spacer over 1 to get you back on the trails!
    What Jordy said. The 190/197 frames achieve their clearance with the help of the appropriate cranksets. You can run a crankset designed around the 170/135 offset frames, but you'll be limited in gearing options without tire rub. Seems like most people are running 1x on the newer frames as well, which gives even more clearance.

mtbr member
    Thanks. I think you guys are correct about 170 crank. I'll drop by the shop and see what they say, but I suspect a different crank is needed.