Alaskan dirt junkie

24 Hours of Mud, Sweat & Gears

24hr racing has finally returned to Anchorage. Details are posted. Get your teams together!

Kincaid Park
    June 30-July 1
    Noon to Noon

This race is a lap format, meaning you see how many laps you can get in your allotted time (6 hours, 12 hours or 24 hours).

REGISTRATION (there is no online registration, only in-person!)
    $65 adults (24-hour race, solo/duo/quad)
    $50 adults (12-hour race, solo/duo only)
    $35 adults (6-hour race, solo only)
    $25 juniors (under 18, flat rate across all categories)
    Event registration and bib pick-up:
    Tuesday, June 26, 11-5pm, Chain Reaction Cycles
    Thursday, June 28, 11-6pm, Speedway Cycles
    You MUST contact the Race Director if unable to make the bib pick-up to arrange another time. NO RACE DAY PICKUP. Call Megan at 440-9928. You may have a friend/family member pick up your bib.

Kincaid Park, Anchorage, AK: set up in the stadium, park in the lower stadium lot

DIRECTIONS
    South on Minnesota
    Take the Raspberry Exit, going right (west) on Raspberry.
    Go as far as you can on Raspberry. Enter into Kincaid Park, continue to end of road. Pre-race meeting will be in the stadium.

RACE OPTIONS
    6-hour race: Solo, Duo
    12-hour race: Solo, Duo
    24-hour race: Solo, Duo, Quad
    Teams may be Male, Female, or Coed (coed teams must be at least 50% female- otherwise will be placed in Male category)

THE COURSE
    more info/maps coming soon!

RACE FORMAT
    Everybody:
    This will be a mass chaos start. Everybody goes in the same wave.
    Racers may finish at any time prior to the 6, 12, or 24 hour mark. Racers may finish after 24 hours, providing they DEPARTED on their final lap prior to the 6, 12, or 24 hour mark. DEPARTING means having passed the finish line and actively leaving the stadium. A halt in forward progression means you have stopped.
    Results will be based first on the number of laps completed, then total times. The team with the most laps wins. In the event of equal laps, the team which completes their final lap first wins.
    Participants may leave the trail at any point (for aid, breaks, restroom, etc.), provided they re-enter the course at the same place.
    Only cross the finish line when completing a lap. If you or your team takes a break, DO NOT cross the finish line to ďrestartĒ racing. Just head out on you next lap. Yes, lap times will include breaks.
    Your race number must be on the front of you bike AT ALL TIMES when racing.
    Teams:
    Team Captain (Team member #1) will be designated by the team. All interactions with the Race Directors will go through the Team Captains. Team captains will represent their team in all official correspondence and communications before, during, and after the event.
    Coed teams must be at least 50% female. More men than women will result in your team being placed in the MALE category.
    Odd numbered teams will be bumped up to the next level of team members. (3 people = quad team)
    Relay exchanges will be made AFTER the lap count. Exchanges will be in the form of physical contact, such as a tap.
    Any member of the team may race any amount of laps. You do not need to race in any particular order, nor do all team members have to complete the same amount of laps.
    Only one person from each team may be on the course at one time. This is a RELAY format, not a free-for-all.
    Soloists:
    Soloists may designate a single other person as acting Team Captain so as to not interfere with their race efforts. Team captains will represent their team in all official correspondence and communications before, during, and after the event.

TIMING
    We will be recording laps manually. We ask for your patience in posting results as this may take a little time.
    We will post results as time permits. Please do not pester the timers- this will only inhibit them from having the time to post the results! Updates will happen when they happen, as often as we can.
    As always for this type of event, itís a good idea to keep a record of your own teamís laps and times in the event of timing error.

REQUIRED GEAR
    constant jingling bell - not the kind you ring with your finger - the kind that hangs and jingles. This is for the safety of you, other racers and other park users. You must be making noise at all times while out on your lap.
    once it's dark, you must have either a handlebar light or a headlamp strapped to your helmet.
    HELMET, of course

RECOMMENDED GEAR
    Handwarmers are great, especially if it's cold and raining.
    a bike would be particularly handy
    Changes of dry clothes (for soloists as well as teams). If you go out with damp clothing after your body has cooled down it will have a heck of a time warming back up!
    multiple water bottles - we will provide water jugs and limited amounts of energy mix, but plan on being self-sufficient
    Lawn Chairs and warm clothing for sitting around the fire and stadium while you wait for your teammates.
    GOING GREEN!!! In efforts to minimize waste and be planet friendly and all that jazz, we ask that you bring your own plate and fork for the BBQ!

AID STATIONS
    An aid station will be provided in the stadium at the START/FINISH area.
    Bring enough food and drink for yourself, and plan to use the aid stations as supplemental.
    There will also be a burn barrel, so bring your marshmallows and sticks! If youíve got an armload of wood to donate, weíll gladly accept it!

RESTROOMS/FACILITIES
    Rent-A-Cans will be located in the stadium.
    The chalet will be available during normal operating hours.

SLEEP ACCOMMODATIONS
    Feel free to bring your camper/RV and stay in the parking lot!
    RVís: Please park in the lower lot by the scoreboard. You will be able to park and stay in that lot Friday night before the race as well.
    Tents: There will be plenty of space in the stadium for setting up a tents!

AWARDS
    more info on this coming soon!

SPONSORS
    Speedway Cycles
    Bicycles
    Chain Reaction
    more coming!

If you have any interest in volunteering, please contact Megan at 440-9928.

We want... a shrubbery!
    Anyone need a team-mate for a quad 24 hour team? You might be able to convince me to do a duo 12 hour, but I know I'm not in shape for the duo 24 hour -- I've done them all on the East Coast, just not up here yet.

PM me.
    waaahoooooooooooooooooo

Calvin : Ahhh, another bowl of Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs! The second bowl is always the best! The pleasure of my first bowl is diminished by the anticipation of future bowls and by the end of my third bowl, I usually feel sick.
    Hobbes : Maybe you shouldn't use chocolate milk.
    Calvin : I tried Cola, but the bubbles went up my nose.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Looking forward to this!

Fat!Drunk!Slow!
    Last day to register, at Speedway Cycles between 11 and 6!!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Can't wait can't wait can't wait!!!