rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

2013 Soggy Bottom 100 Challenge 411

The Soggy Bottom Challenge 100 occurs on August 3, 2013

The application forms for the 2013 race are now available at Speedway Cycle and on the Alaska Endurance Association Facebook page.
    The application is for the Solo, and Team options of the Soggy Bottom Challenge 100.

The form is also for the all women only Petite Bottom. The Petite Bottom course is the Soggy Bottom Challenge 100 course minus the Devils Pass sector.

Please note that all forms must be post marked no later than July 20, 2013. No race day (August 3rd) applications will be accepted.

There will be a a limit of 60 racers total. A team of 3 riders count as 1 rider. A team will have a limit of 3 riders.
    Ghost riders will be only allowed from the Devils Pass trail head to Hope. Racers seen with a riding partner or ghost rider on any other part of the course will be immediately disqualified.
    This race is where the racer must apply for, if you have not completed this race in the prior 2 years or your resume of endurance racing is shallow it is perhaps best to select another race venue. Also, please note that race director discretion will be utilized for all applications to protect the racer as well as other racers and the integrity of the race.

Ride like awesome feels !

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I like the petite option. Too bad it's only for women. I for one, petition for equal rights. It's been my experience that the Devil's Pass section is the first to go to sh*t when even a drop of rain falls from the sky. The increase in equestrian traffic on that section hasn't helped either.
    If a ghost rider can only jump on from Devil's, when will the Petite racers' be able to ride with their ghost?
    c

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I will consider your petition for males to ride the Petite Bottom, stipulations for male riders may include wearing particular women clothing and the like. Stay tuned.

The ghost rider option is only for the solo Soggy Bottom Challenge 100 riders, ghost riders are excluded from the Petite Bottom and Soggy Bottom Challenge 100 team options.

The Devils Pass segment will be excluded should there be a rain event on the Devils Pass Sector. The Devils Pass check point person will traverse the trail the Friday prior to the race and contact me via Sat phone and provide a trail report. The Soggy Bottom Race Director will make a decision based on that trail report.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by rio View Post
    I will consider your petition for males to ride the Petite Bottom, stipulations for male riders may include wearing particular women clothing and the like. Stay tuned.

hahahah nice!

ChuckyMTBR
    Jan 2012
    Seriously, you can't take out a third of the race. If you have to take out the Devils Pass trail section because it is soggy than you should change the name of the race.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckdimarzio View Post
    Seriously, you can't take out a third of the race. If you have to take out the Devils Pass trail section because it is soggy than you should change the name of the race.
    Agreed!!!

rio
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    How about the Wrecktum ?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Soggy Bottom Challenge 2013

2013 Soggy Bottom 100 Challenge 411-241960-poster.jpg

What Penguin???
    Quote Originally Posted by rio View Post
    How about the Wrecktum ?
    I reached for the "like" button but I guess there isn't one on MTBR!
    Meanwhile, back at the hive....