mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Wingman Unboxing

I had been shopping for a DJ bike on and off, waiting for the right deal to jump out at me. I used to have a 24" BMX bike for tooling around the neighborhood with the kids and occasionally riding at the track, but I never liked the geometry.

I was going to buy a used Yeti Dirt Jumper and emailed the guy a couple days before Thanksgiving. I am so glad he didn't email me back! If I would have bought it, I would not have been able to get the Wingman on the black Friday special.

I have only gotten as far as assembling and riding once around the block, but I love the feel and look of the bike so far. The geometry is so much better than the steep head tube of my BMX bike and it feels very stable, yet nimble.

Here are some photos of the bike coming out of the box for those of you who are wondering what it is like to get a bike shipped. This thing was packed really well.

Last edited by pearsth; 12-09-2012 at 08:03 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Sweet ride! Sweet tool box!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Covet > toolbox.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I agree with the previous comments...nice tool box!!! Oh...now I see the bike

TXTony
    Great bike...awesome toolbox..

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Hah..I didn't think my tool box would steal the show.

Here's a shot of the rest of the garage. Got all the cabinets and tool box from Sams club. Great prices...I checked and they don't have the stainless tool box anymore, though. It was a total steal - only about $800.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Now I just hate you!

$800!!
    That's just incredible!

TXTony
    Man Envy...badda bing!

RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman
    Quote Originally Posted by pearsth View Post
    Hah..I didn't think my tool box would steal the show.
    Oh come on...I call BS. You set that picture up knowing full well we would drool!!! (and I'm glad you did)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten." - Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Puts my craftsman box to shame

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by pearsth View Post
    The only complaint I can possibly have is that the stickers on the fork look like they were put on by a 10 year old. Lots of bubbles I am going to have to work out. However, that being the only complaint, it is really nothing.
    I think what you are seeing is the clear shipping damage protector decals that are covering the actual fork decals. They are meant to be removed after you get the bike. Check to be certain that's not what you are actually seeing, thanks!

Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Duh, who is the 10 year old, now? Thanks, that did the trick. Editing the original post....

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Just ordered my wingman today. Can't wait to get it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I ordered one last Friday. It should be here tomorrow. For $499 with free shipping! How could I afford not to buy it?

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Got my Wingman Friday, everything went together great, no shipping damage. Took it to the Albuquerque bike park for the first time last night. Had a lot of fun in the pump track and skinnies. Didn't hit the jumps yet, working up the courage, besides I was the only guy there over 16 and didn't want to give the kids a chance to laugh at the old fat guy when I crashed. I really like this bike! Its going to be great for me to work on some new skills I can use on the trail. Plus I live about 2 miles from the bike park, so I can get a nice quick workout in when I don't feel like driving to the trails or have time to ride for a few hours. Wore myself out in about 40 minutes last night.

The only bad thing is that I have a compulsive need to remove the "Made in China" and "Wear your Helmet" safety warning stickers from my bikes. I tried GooGone, WD40 and none of it worked. So I tried acetone. Tested it to make sure it wouldn't remove the paint, and it didn't. But it will remove the graphics paint. So I screwed up the Wingman logo on the top tube a little, taking off the safety warning sticker. I guess that's the price I pay.

Airborne Flight Crew
    Glad you dig your Wingman. Let me know if you ever need a jump park partner... Those 16 year-olds can be.... (I'm 45). I'm out of town this weekend, but will be around after.
    Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard website

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Sounds good, I may take you up on that. Thanks.