Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2007

Where did you ride your Airborne today?

I rode around some canal trails and had some urban fun.

Last edited by skyphix; 10-25-2013 at 06:17 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Cool pic

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Thanks!

Riding is perfect right now. Trails are tacky, roots are dry, leaves hide the stuff that looks sketchy but isn't so confidence stays up. Able to clear lots of stuff I couldn't over the summer. No trail photos but here is my bike with a buddies Niner post ride.

Eric

Airborne Flight Crew
    Up in the air, of course!

Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard website

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Awesome! How are you liking your Pathogen?
    Eric

Airborne Flight Crew
    I am smitten.

But only had two runs today - one run down our dh shuttle trail, and then one long 9-10 mile downhill trail. Overall I love it, and usually with any bike I can find nits to pick. Not so far here.

It seems to do everything just right so far. Didn't get to really pin it today, but I got a feel for its capabilities, and it was super stable at the speeds I was able to push it to.

Was able to push it hard through some chunky rock gardens - it seriously inspired some confidence when I was a little wishy-washy about pushing it too far.

So far, it makes me look like a better rider, lol.
    Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard website

mtbr member
    May 2007
    That's awesome. Never a bad thing when a bike makes you feel so confident that you can actually be better at your sport.
    Eric

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Skills practice at the canal path today. Drop offs and stairs were the name of the game.
    Sorry for the grey/blue photos, all I had was my phone and the lighting was less cooperative than last time.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    What are everyones weekend plans? Fall riding is excellent in the northeast right now - the rain we got should moisten the trails enough so they aren't as dusty.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Hoping to ride some trails if they dry out after the rain we've had in central Texas. I just put a RF 30t on my goblin so I am looking forward to trying that out.

Airborne Product Dude
    Right now the trails are wet in the area around Airborne World HQ so I'll probably end up doing a long road ride both days this weekend.........unless they dry out. We also had a lot of bad windstorms last nite so there's probably a lot of deadfall out there on the trails on top of the mud.

Friday last week early in the morning I had my first sub-freezing ride of the season out at MoMBA metropark. 27F degrees when I started at 8:00am.........brrrrrr!

Jeremy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where did you ride your Airborne today?-subfreeze.jpg  

Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    We got the rain last night (and some this morning) and the wind today... hoping it doesn't impact my weekend riding but you never know. This will probably be my last weekend until after hunting season (or I get a deer) so I'd like to get out somewhere, somehow. Our trails were extremely dry before this rain and most of where I ride tends to be dryer anyway so hopefully it works out.

Sweet black Goblin there, Jeremy. Last weekend when we went out it was 30! Been riding a lot in the cold so far. Love it!

mtbr member
    The weather here finally cleared up with some fresh snow in the mountains. Three days of riding ahead starting after work - I will try and get a 7 mile ride in tonight around Rigor. The guys want to ride the 15 mile Road Apple Rally course tomorrow to see if they have the wind to do it without stopping. I have already placed my bet...
    Last edited by s0ul_chicken; 11-01-2013 at 07:46 AM. Reason: My grammar sux
    Money doesn't buy happiness, but you can buy a bike, and that is pretty close.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    There you go posting pics of that sweet prototype frame again Jeremy. Is that pretty miserable riding in that cold of weather? I ride in 40s and 50s and that's rough lol.

Airborne Product Dude
    shhhhhh!

I used to have a cycling coach that had a saying: "There is no such thing as bad weather; only bad clothing and equipment."

Its not bad if you dress for it properly. I ride all winter long, with a threshhold of about 10 degrees F. For me the first few cold rides are the worst as I get acclimated to riding in the cold again, but once I get a few in its not bad at all and I actually enjoy it. I'll be able to ride my 29ers here until around Xmas, then after that I generally switch to my fatbike until late February as we have snow here most of the time or if there isn't snow the ground is a weird mix of frozen oatmeal or slime.

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Riding today was beautiful. Hit up a well built free MTB park in VT for the first time. Its only 40 minutes from my door... I'll be going back more often now.

There are bridges everywhere, of all different, unique builds. This one was way different though. All the way on the back side of the hill.

Unfortunately my glove photo bombed it. That's a suspension bridge... Wobbly and everything. Very trippy to ride over.

Gotta say, the seeker performed flawlessly over rocks, roots, in bermed downhill trails, and at 30mph over loose babyhead filled carriage roads. Tested out a new front tire and totally changed the demeanor of the bike.
    Eric

Airborne Flight Crew
    ...Airbuquerque! (Pathogen shredding it!)

Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard website

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Looks Awesome Jerry!

I got a little air bombing down a fire road but not quite like that.

Airborne Product Dude
    I ended up doing a 50mile road ride on Saturday with 25-30mph winds and at 45 degrees. Sucked but now I am mentally tougher for it.

Sunday I road at JBSP and put in 23 miles offroad on my black hardtail. Trails are almost completely covered with leaves, so it makes things interesting with hidden roots and walnuts under them.

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyFlyer View Post
    I ended up doing a 50mile road ride on Saturday with 25-30mph winds and at 45 degrees. Sucked but now I am mentally tougher for it.

Sunday I road at JBSP and put in 23 miles offroad on my black hardtail. Trails are almost completely covered with leaves, so it makes things interesting with hidden roots and walnuts under them.
    My road bike fought me hard on an attempted tour in early October so we are currently separated. It won't end up in divorce but she needs to change some stuff or will have to pack her bags and go. Mentally tougher is one of the benefits of those miserable rides, though.

And the hidden roots/rocks/walnuts/apples (in my case) make things very interesting! Especially when the sun is in your eyes and glaring off said wet-leaves, on a trail you've never ridden before. Good stuff.

Airborne Product Dude
    Did my first nite ride of this season last nite at JBSP. The trail was completely covered in leaves, which wasn't so bad while there was still a bit of twilight (like when this photo was taken), but once it got dark, whew! Difficult even with a good light system. But still great fun. Temps were in the 50's and perfect for a night ride.......

Jeremy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where did you ride your Airborne today?-jbpodsmall.jpg  

Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Sounds like fun, great photo!

mtbr member

Where did you ride your Airborne today?

That's a lot of bike for that trail, Jeremy.

Isn't it fun though? I know I really enjoyed the HobGoblin at JBSP.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Nowhere!!! My seeker arrived last Thursday. Left for Las Vegas 15 minutes after it's arrival. Got home and put it together yesterday. It's a beautiful machine, but the rear derailleur hanger was severely bent from shipping. I don't have an alignment tool so I have to take it to the LBS and get it straightened and adjusted unless anyone has a DIY suggestion. Btw, I didn't win enough in Vegas for any upgrades while I'm there. Ha!

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by okieff2218 View Post
    Nowhere!!! My seeker arrived last Thursday. Left for Las Vegas 15 minutes after it's arrival. Got home and put it together yesterday. It's a beautiful machine, but the rear derailleur hanger was severely bent from shipping. I don't have an alignment tool so I have to take it to the LBS and get it straightened and adjusted unless anyone has a DIY suggestion. Btw, I didn't win enough in Vegas for any upgrades while I'm there. Ha!
    Email Eric at support@airbornebicycles.com with your order# and problem, and he'll get a new RD hanger out to you ASAP.

Sorry for the trouble,

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast