mtbr member

What kind of riding are you doing on Airborne?

Any singletrack with small jumps etc? Please share the most advanced ridng you have done with your Airborne?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Nothing very difficult yet. I just got the bike as it started to snow. Still got it out a couple of times. Mostly singletrack and my wheels were mostly on the ground.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Mostly singletrack with a 2-3ft drop here and there on my Guardian. No problems yet. I love this bike!

Airborne Flight Crew
    On which bike?

I ride several models, and ride everything from smooth, buff singletrack (on the Goblin/Guardian), All-mountain techy rides like Portal Trail in Moab (Marauder and Hobgoblin), and to steep, rough and rocky downhills with gaps up to 40 feet (on the dh bikes).
    Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard website

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Good point Jerry. Mine is a lightly modded Goblin (ODI lock-on grips, MG-1s, matchmakers, HSX rotors and organic pads). But I haven't used it anywhere near its capacity yet...even in the sub-technical areas that I frequent. Mostly smooth, flowing, hilly stuff with some technical sections, rocks, jumps, etc.
    Last edited by MikeinMinn; 01-29-2013 at 07:15 AM.

NeedGod.com
    I've done mainly singletrack, rocky and rooty on my Guardian. It puts up with some big dips that max out the travel on my fork and also some pretty decent jumps of up to 4-5 feet. I've also taken it down south where the trails are much rockier and it handles very well. The only time I've really lost control consistently is on mud. Those SB8 tires do not do well in the mud. Surprisingly, they do well on packed snow, though. I don't do stunts and big jumps on my Guardian. That's not really what it was designed for.

I have yet to take it to the Rockies, but I am certain it would handle any of the old trails I rode on just fine.
    Nathan

TXTony
    I use the Goblin for the hard pack smooth flow type of stuff...when the the trails get rough I still pull out one of my fs long travel bikes...I have no doubt that the Goblin could handle the more sketchy stuff we have around here and will find out this weekend when I take it to a trail that has some good tech stuff in it and some serious climbs..

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I use my Goblin for the places Tony pulls out the full suspension I have about 1200 miles of rocky, rooty single track, commuting, jeep roads ect... It's the only bike I have. It's held up great. I was about 290# when I bought it in May, 260# now, and it's not missed a beat. I rode an endurance race(62 miles) on it last weekend that was a mix of crushed cinder road and pretty rocky single track. I do try to keep the wheels on the ground though.

NeedGod.com
    I kinda have to laugh at myself when I say that the Guardian can "handle" rough terrain. I rode on a fully rigid bike for decades and it "handled" everything just fine. However, if I had continued riding that bike, my arms would have eventually liquefied.
    Nathan

Airborne Flight Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by Barheet View Post
    I kinda have to laugh at myself when I say that the Guardian can "handle" rough terrain. I rode on a fully rigid bike for decades and it "handled" everything just fine. However, if I had continued riding that bike, my arms would have eventually liquefied.
    Ultimately, it boils down to the right tool for the job (with riding, you can use one too for every job) In the end it's all subjective, right?

My only point is that Airborne provides many "tools for the job" - and when used accordingly, they shine as bright and brighter than the competition.

Still not sure what the OP was getting at.... XC, DH, AM, ?
    Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard website