Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 47

Thread: Welcome!

  1. #1
    Airborne Product Dude
    Reputation: BigDaddyFlyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,639

    Welcome!

    Welcome to the Airborne forum on MTBR! Airborne is excited that we have finally "made it" and now have a dedicated forum here on MTBR.

    Please feel free to post here with any news, questions, ot thoughts pertaining to Airborne bikes.

    Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

  2. #2
    swag ho Administrator
    Reputation: francois's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    18,067
    Yeah, this is a good time to do roll.

    Who are you? What kind of riding do you do?

    What Airborne bike do you own or are considering?

    Embarrassing photos required.

    fc

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JonathanGennick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,850
    Very nice to see this finally happen.

  4. #4
    MTB Fanatic
    Reputation: Barheet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    458
    Awesome!

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    62
    This is great! Can't wait to purchase the "Toxin".

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    64
    Just in time. Received my Guardian on Friday and she is taking her maiden voyage tomorrow. Can't wait.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    669
    I'm researching a Trail/AM bike for my boss's, boss's, boss...anyway, I'd like to recommend the Marauder but I'm hesitant because of the fork & brakes. Will you be releasing any higher end models in the near future?

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    135
    About time Airborne got their own section in MTBR. Congrats guys!

  9. #9
    Airborne Product Dude
    Reputation: BigDaddyFlyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Call_me_Tom View Post
    I'm researching a Trail/AM bike for my boss's, boss's, boss...anyway, I'd like to recommend the Marauder but I'm hesitant because of the fork & brakes. Will you be releasing any higher end models in the near future?
    We have in total 4 Marauder bikes left in the warehouse as of today. When those are gone, we won't be making a bike at that spec level again.

    In late October we will have the Toxin instock in both frame-only and complete bike form. The Toxin is a 7" travel dedicated Park/Freeride bike. It will be a much more refined frame/bike when compared to the Marauder and will cost significantly more.

    More details as we get closer to launch at the end of October.

    Right now we don't have a specific AM bike in the works. We may have one next year but want to take our time to ensure we get it right.

    Thanks!
    Airborne Dude.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    669
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyFlyer View Post
    We have in total 4 Marauder bikes left in the warehouse as of today. When those are gone, we won't be making a bike at that spec level again.

    In late October we will have the Toxin instock in both frame-only and complete bike form. The Toxin is a 7" travel dedicated Park/Freeride bike. It will be a much more refined frame/bike when compared to the Marauder and will cost significantly more.

    More details as we get closer to launch at the end of October.

    Right now we don't have a specific AM bike in the works. We may have one next year but want to take our time to ensure we get it right.

    Thanks!
    Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

    I found your site through word of mouth while researching bikes. My biggest hang up with the major brands are them pushing 29ers. I can only find 26" in very lowend bikes or highend bikes, there really isn't anything in between. Will your company still offer mid level 26" or will you also move towards 29er for all of your mid priced bikes?

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    74
    Sweet!
    I am patiently waiting on the shipment\delivery of the '13 Goblin. I haven't bought (or ridden for that matter) a bike for myself in over 20 years. Could be 25 + but I can't remember. (insert old joke here)

    Want to get back into shape, have chronic back issues, so I will probably take it easy for a season, but I wanted to have a bike that "I" can grow into. After researching, visiting LBS and reading testimonials. I decided to spend my money with Airborne.

    I am in Northern DE, not sure if there are any trails out here that can compare to what some of you ride. But the point is to ride.

    Look forward to joining a new community and the changes it will bring.

    Eric

    Thanks for the forum MTBR!

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    92
    very well done thanks mtbr for giving airborne their own forum !!!, congratszzz airborne
    & big daddy flyer you would keep me posted on details about the new goblin NEVER posted anything for me i contacted you personally.........................

  13. #13
    Airborne Product Dude
    Reputation: BigDaddyFlyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Call_me_Tom View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

    I found your site through word of mouth while researching bikes. My biggest hang up with the major brands are them pushing 29ers. I can only find 26" in very lowend bikes or highend bikes, there really isn't anything in between. Will your company still offer mid level 26" or will you also move towards 29er for all of your mid priced bikes?
    You're welcome!

    Get ready for a long-winded reply.................(sorry!)...........

    For the XC/Trail and to some extent AM categories, the industry is gravitating toward 29er as the being the norm, although 650b is starting to make some inroads. But you're correct: 26inch choices in general are shrinking.

    Being a small company that's trying to keep our costs down, we have to manage SKU count. That means the Product Manager (me!) doesn't get to work on 50 different bikes that he would like to create. We have to pick our models wisely and to some extent follow the industry direction so that we don't make something that will be a dud and end up making us lose $$$ when we have to clear it out in a year or two.

    So more than likely for XC and Trail you will only see 29er offerings from us, and we are still on the fence about AM. We are paying close attention to the 650b trend/fad/movement/etc and *may* offer something in that next year.

    For gravity (FR, DH, and Jump) we are definitely sticking with 26" for the forseeable future.

    In general we are moving away from super-low-priced dual suspension rigs like the Marauder, Taka, Zeppelin, etc as we feel that there is a certain level of spec you can't dip below in order to make a bike do exactly as it is intended to do. We still will offer bikes that are great value when compared to the big brands like Trek, Specialized, etc, but they won't be smoking cheap (and therefor maybe lacking in a few areas like forks and brakes).

    Hope that makes sense!
    Airborne Dude.

  14. #14
    Airborne Product Dude
    Reputation: BigDaddyFlyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,639
    Quote Originally Posted by john symos View Post
    very well done thanks mtbr for giving airborne their own forum !!!, congratszzz airborne
    & big daddy flyer you would keep me posted on details about the new goblin NEVER posted anything for me i contacted you personally.........................
    Hmm, I don't have anything from you. Sorry!
    Airborne Dude.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    17
    Congratulations, Airborne.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    669
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyFlyer View Post
    You're welcome!

    Get ready for a long-winded reply.................(sorry!)...........

    For the XC/Trail and to some extent AM categories, the industry is gravitating toward 29er as the being the norm, although 650b is starting to make some inroads. But you're correct: 26inch choices in general are shrinking.

    Being a small company that's trying to keep our costs down, we have to manage SKU count. That means the Product Manager (me!) doesn't get to work on 50 different bikes that he would like to create. We have to pick our models wisely and to some extent follow the industry direction so that we don't make something that will be a dud and end up making us lose $$$ when we have to clear it out in a year or two.

    So more than likely for XC and Trail you will only see 29er offerings from us, and we are still on the fence about AM. We are paying close attention to the 650b trend/fad/movement/etc and *may* offer something in that next year.

    For gravity (FR, DH, and Jump) we are definitely sticking with 26" for the forseeable future.

    In general we are moving away from super-low-priced dual suspension rigs like the Marauder, Taka, Zeppelin, etc as we feel that there is a certain level of spec you can't dip below in order to make a bike do exactly as it is intended to do. We still will offer bikes that are great value when compared to the big brands like Trek, Specialized, etc, but they won't be smoking cheap (and therefor maybe lacking in a few areas like forks and brakes).

    Hope that makes sense!
    It makes sense although I don't like it...we are mostly XC/Trail riders with the occasional AM ride. I jumped on the 29er wagon & jumped right back off. The problem is that entry model 29ers are weighted down with HEAVY components compared to their 26" counterparts which makes riding them strenuous. I know because I had a 26 & 29 of the same make & model & I couldn't keep up on any rides with the 29er but I digress.

    Good luck with your company, I look forward to seeing your new models.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyFlyer View Post
    Hmm, I don't have anything from you. Sorry!
    not worried you could not give any info away in the mean time
    i mailed airborne & got some info of the bike how it would be
    very happy with the info i got contacted on a thread you said you would keep me posted search threads where i posted than you will see
    but no worries VERY GLAD AIRBORNE GOT IT'S OWN FORUM !!!!!! THANKS TO MTBR!!! :d
    orderd the new goblin hope i will not be disappointed search 25monthes & pulled the trigger !

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    735
    Recognized at last.

    Here's my Skyhawk, a while back.....

    Going to install a Manitou Minute pro and possibly single speed it.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by aikane View Post
    Recognized at last.

    Here's my Skyhawk, a while back.....

    Going to install a Manitou Minute pro and possibly single speed it.
    NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

  20. #20
    nOOb
    Reputation: jlallak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    97
    Glad to see Airborne getting their well deserved due. Looking forward to reading through the threads and replying in them.
    '09 Cannondale F7
    '00 Specialized Hardrock Comp

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pretty_Lights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    36
    My skyhawk will be here on Friday!!! Any tips on assembling Aikane?

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    735
    They pack the bike really well, lots of plastic to prevent scratching of surfaces. Just take your time removing all the wrapping. You wouldn't want to scratch your bike with a razor before you even ride it.
    As for assembly, it is pretty straight forward. Metric allen wrenches, bike lubes, pump, etc. If you're uncertain, try looking up a youtube video on bike assembly. I just watched the Rocky Mtn. assembly video on Jensonusa.com.
    Have fun with your new bike.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: swl7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    200
    Sabre Assembly - YouTube should be more of what you'll be doing

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    199
    Started looking for a 29er last fall. Considered the Goblin, Giant XTC 2, Scott Scale 29 Comp, and Trek X-Caliber.

    By the spring, I was ready to buy and ended up with a Trek Superfly AL for $1750. I have put a ton of miles on it. I am sold on the 29er.

    If the New Goblin had been available a few months ago then it might have been the likely choice.

    The New Goblin improves the Goblin to the next level at a great price point.

    Great Improvements to New Goblin
    Tapered head tube
    180mm front rotor
    Color scheme
    Tires

    Suggestions I would make
    Tubeless ready wheels and/or tires
    680mm handlebar
    Airborne branded lock on grips

    I hope that you sell tons. I will be watching.
    Last edited by jeffharris1us; 09-12-2012 at 06:23 AM.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    88
    Congrats to Jeremy, Eric, and the rest of the Airborne crew! My current Goblin...Ahh, I need a tracking number on that new one PLEASE!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Welcome!-cp_tmtb_finale_8-15-2012.jpg  

    There's only one bigger sheep than manufacturer's - consumers! - AndrewTO

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •