mtbr member
    Sep 2012

Upgraded to BB7's on my Delta CX

Holy Moly, they are nice. Needed something just a *bit* stronger than the bb5's for my 215# butt, so i went 160mm front and rear after finding them for a great price on Newegg of all places.

Been using gatorskins for my commuting tire and will be doing my first CX race this weekend. Everybody keeps asking if Airborne is back in business.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 6_Myles View Post
    Holy Moly, they are nice. Needed something just a *bit* stronger than the bb5's for my 215# butt, so i went 160mm front and rear after finding them for a great price on Newegg of all places.

Been using gatorskins for my commuting tire and will be doing my first CX race this weekend. Everybody keeps asking if Airborne is back in business.
    I did the same thing too... huge difference. I didn't necessarily find more power, but set up and feel was a whole lot better....

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I put bb7s on my 2011 trek 3900 and it was a huge improvement over the Tektro Novela that was stock on it.

I was under the impression that the bb5s were pretty good.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Oh, the 5's are most excellent brakes...I agree with toddre above, while not a significant power increase, I think the feel and setup is perfect for me and my clyde weight.

For cyclocross the 5's would be great, but I use mine as a commuter as well and wanted the best braking possible.