mtbr member

which tubes do you recommend?

so I'm guessing my tubes were punctured (hopefully not my tires) when I was going through some technical stuff here in Austin. Do you guys recommend any tubes that I can order or get at the LBS?

What tubes do the airborne guardians come with?

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    The tubes that came in my guardian were standard thin Kendas. I don't run tubes so I don't really have a suggestion.

mtbr member
    have you considered fixing the flat? its really simple. but, if you are going to replace them, get some thorn resistant tubes with green slime, or switch to tubeless.
    2012 Airborne Guardian.

mtbr member
    by fixing the flat, do you mean patching it up? Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a new tube and get some extras along the way? I was thinking of picking up the Forte's from my local Performance Bicycles.

As for tubeless... I still don't really understand how I would do it (I've seen youtube), and whether or not it would really be worth it for me.

mtbr member
    not a chance that it is cheaper. a patch kit at performance is like $.99 or so. new tubes with thorn resistance are a good idea, but a flat fix is good to know how to do. i always ride with one spare tube and a flat kit with a pump. ALWAYS.

did you flat the rear? buy a thorn tube for that one, fix the flat on the current tube, and use it for a spare. simple. im a fan of slime tubes cause when you get punctures, the slime helps seal them.

also, im not a tubeless guy. not yet at least. tubes are simple, which i like. just sucks to get snake bites.
    2012 Airborne Guardian.

mtbr member
    cool thanks. yeah, my rear got the flat. I will try to look for a thorn tube w/ slime at performance and also purchase a patch kit and fix up my current tube.

on the side note, I noticed how noob I am. For the longest time, I thought snake bites actually referred to snakes biting your tires on the trails. lmao.... oh man. i thank Google.

mtbr member
    funny. looks like it wasn't a flat. the presta valve was slightly opened and air just leaked over night. made sure i locked it but got some spare tubes anyway

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    In case you ever need it, I put this flat change tutorial together for my LBS. Enjoy!

tankpro.org
    IMBA National Mountain Bike Patrol
    southernkettles.org