mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Third and final (at least for a while) Goblin XO Review

So as mentioned I went to the dark side, tubeless. Rode today with 35 front and rear. I had no idea that a difference of 5 PSI would transform my ride. No slippage, nice and smooth. Still seems like an enigma but i did not lose speed with lower pressure.

No issues with the rims at my weight.

I'm climbing like a mountain goat and smelled like one after riding all day.

Only issue: saddle is not for me. It's either bigger saddle or smaller ass.

Sadly no riding till after work tomorrow. I am so glad clocks were set forward !!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Man these threads might be aggrivating others but not me. I'm glad to see someone so enthusiastic about there bike. Besides the bike seems to be doing you real good. As for the saddle i'm sure you know what you'd like or to go to the LBS if you dont. Speaking of tubeless i'm thinking about doing it too but it's too expensive to do at the moment. I like to ride between 30-35 PSI but because of my weight I cant run any lower than 45 ish so I can be all over the place :/ . Anyway all of your reviews together will be more than enough of a good word. So keep riding hard

TXTony
    I think it is cool to see someone stoked on their bike..I will be switching my saddle on my Goblin to a Fizik Tundra..use those on most all my rigs and swear by them..but that is my own preference...I also think owning a Goblin has made me appreciate a company like Airborne..a great product at a great price and their involvement with the riders who ride their products..glad you are stoked on your ride and the experience you are having right now with it...

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by TXTony View Post
    I think it is cool to see someone stoked on their bike..I will be switching my saddle on my Goblin to a Fizik Tundra..use those on most all my rigs and swear by them..but that is my own preference...I also think owning a Goblin has made me appreciate a company like Airborne..a great product at a great price and their involvement with the riders who ride their products..glad you are stoked on your ride and the experience you are having right now with it...
    The Selle San Marco Ponza is just too narrow and firm.
    I have been happy with the WTB V on my Jamis so likely I'll go that route.

Yes it will add an ounce or two to the bike weight but simple to drop a few pounds off the engine.

mtbr member
    Yes, happy to see you are enjoying your ride. I sold my enduro today and am hoping for a good paycheck friday and if so ill be placing my order on the hobgoblin xo! Cant wait to join the team. Have a good week!

Airborne Product Dude
    Glad you are enjoying the bike!

Saddle choice is so personal. Everyone has their own favorite. I love Selle Italia Flite saddles and have ridden then since the mid-90's. I was completely freaked out a few years back when they slightly changed the shape and length, but thankfully my butt didn't notice the difference and I actually like the current look better now that I've become used to it. I've got a version of that saddle on all of my bikes, which even at my industry discount means I have a small fortune invested in saddles LOL.

When doing the spec on Airborne models I do my best to pick a saddle that's a decent combination of looks/features/price, knowing that most folks are going to replace it with their personal favorite. Trying to put a nice high-end saddle on there is cost-prohibitive and in the end just adds a bunch of cost...........and it still may not be the saddle that the consumer wants so then he is stuck paying a lot of extra built in cost for something that gets taken off right away and thrown in the bin or sold on ebay.

It's a constant battle that all bike product managers go thru, and its not too dissimilar to the problem of spec'ing pedals on a bike. Fortunately we can leave pedals off the bike and let people pick their own, but per regulations I can't get away with leaving saddles off bikes..........otherwise I might consider that option.

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Jay - let's see more pics - out on the trails preferrably!
    2013 Rocky Mountain Vertex 990 RSL
    2013 Rocky Mountain Altitude 730
    2013 Pipedream Sirius R853 - 650b

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerort View Post
    Jay - let's see more pics - out on the trails preferrably!
    Will do. Give me a day or so.