mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Swapping from Goblin to Hobgoblin frameset

I had searched earlier without any luck; maybe it's my search skills. Anyway, I emailed Jeremy and here is his response to what is needed to swap my goblin parts over to a hobgoblin frameset for anyone else that might be interested.

Nearly all of the parts that are on your Goblin will swap directly over. The only two parts that won’t swap directly will be the front derailleur and the bottom bracket. You’ll need a “high direct mount” front derailleur and a “pressfit GXP” bottom bracket. The only special tool you will need will be a headset press to put the new bottom bracket in the HG frame. However a local shop may do this for you for a couple of bucks instead of you needing to buy a tool.

One thing that could be a small issue on the swap is the rear brake line. The HobGoblin takes a longer hydro line due to the routing, so the one on your Goblin may be a little short. It will still work, but it just won’t route super clean. You may need to use a couple of zip ties for holding it on rather than using the stock clip locations. You’ll see what I mean when you do the swap.
    I'm considering making the swap myself maybe this winter. It would be sweet if airborne either offered a parts kit for the swap or would sell the hobgoblin frameset with the new parts already installed as an "upgrade kit".
    Last edited by MysticRI; 09-03-2013 at 09:46 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Sounds like Jeremy answered all your questions. All you need is a fd, PFBB and a brake hose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by hedz0r View Post
    Sounds like Jeremy answered all your questions. All you need is a fd, PFBB and a brake hose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4
    He did answer all my questions. I posted his answers here for everyone else that comes along.

mtbr member

Swapping from Goblin to Hobgoblin frameset

Although I just swapped all of my stuff from my original green Goblin frame over to a silver Goblin frame, I'm still eyeballing that orange Hobgoblin frame. It would be a sweet whip!