mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Speaking of the Flight Crew...

I'd just wanted to take a minute commend Airborne for their selection on Jerry Hazard for the Flight Crew. Most of us know that he is very active here on the forum, and runs a great blog.
    He's also hell of a nice guy. When I got my Wingman a few weeks ago, he offer to meet me at the local bike park, where he helped coach me on the pump track and even encouraged me enough to try the dirt jumps for the first time.
    You've chosen an outstanding brand ambassador, and I just wanted let you know that your customers appreciate it.
    Thank you Airborne and thanks Jerry!

TXTony
    Agree

MTB Fanatic
    When Jerry Hazard does a push-up, he doesn't push himself up, he pushes the world down.

Jerry Hazard once threw a grenade and killed 50 people. Then it exploded.

Chuck Norris owns a pair of Jerry Hazard pajamas.

Need I go on?
    Nathan

TXTony
    Nitro Circus based their show on his life!

Airborne Flight Crew
    You guys are silly but thanks so much! I was much meaner before I started riding Airborne bikes, just something about 'em.

- And was great to meet you Steve. You did great on the jumps, they can be pretty intimidating! Wanted to join you guys for Otero, but life.... anyhow, I might be out at the bike park after work today, and again on Sunday. We'll catch up sooner or later.
    Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard website

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Re: Speaking of the Flight Crew...

Can I get a link for the blog?

Edit: viewing from phone so I can't see signatures.
    Last edited by trevor_b; 04-12-2013 at 11:56 AM.

MTB Fanatic
    I really enjoy Jerry's videos, but I'd like to see a "fail" video at some point with a compilation of falls and biffs....that is if he's ever taken a fall in his life. heheh
    Nathan

Airborne Flight Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by Barheet View Post
    I really enjoy Jerry's videos, but I'd like to see a "fail" video at some point with a compilation of falls and biffs....that is if he's ever taken a fall in his life. heheh
    I have a really, really good one I'll try to dig up.

I fall all the time... especially on the the DH stuff!
    Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard website

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jhazard View Post
    I have a really, really good one I'll try to dig up.

I fall all the time... especially on the the DH stuff!
    How long have you been riding to get as good as you are now?
    -Airborne Skyhawk
    -2000 Raleigh M30
    -2008 Cannondale Rush 6

Airborne Flight Crew
    I'm not that good Thanks though!

I've been riding most of my life in way or other. Freestyle/bmx as a kid, took 10-15 year hiatus, commuted and then moved west. Since 2005 I've been trying to retain the skills (and cahones) I once had as a youth. I'll never get it all back, but I'm getting closer every year. At this point, as long as I'm progressing, I'm content.

This is the video I was looking to share. I don't fall often - when I try stuff that's a little over my head, I usually do okay. It's everyday stuff that gets me, like in this case:

Just Riding Along... on Pinkbike

Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard website

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jhazard View Post
    I'm not that good Thanks though!

I've been riding most of my life in way or other. Freestyle/bmx as a kid, took 10-15 year hiatus, commuted and then moved west. Since 2005 I've been trying to retain the skills (and cahones) I once had as a youth. I'll never get it all back, but I'm getting closer every year. At this point, as long as I'm progressing, I'm content.

This is the video I was looking to share. I don't fall often - when I try stuff that's a little over my head, I usually do okay. It's everyday stuff that gets me, like in this case:

Just Riding Along... on Pinkbike

Ouch the bush is what threw you. Sounds like stuff thats happened to me too.
    -Airborne Skyhawk
    -2000 Raleigh M30
    -2008 Cannondale Rush 6

MTB Fanatic
    Nice one! Thanks for sharing; I love a good crash video.

Some of my worst wrecks have been on really easy trails. One time, my pedal clipped a log as I went by and I hit my head on the trunk of a tree after I went over the bars. That was on a beginner trail but I will trying to rush it.

My worst crash ever wasn't even on a trail. It was on a street on the way to the trail. Granted, there was a patch of ice that I didn't see and my head hit the pavement before anything else. If it wasn't for those two helmets, I'd probably be a vegetable right now.
    Nathan

Airborne Flight Crew
    Yep, I've had some good ones just in transit.

Was commuting to work on a bmx bike way back, blasting through a trailer park with speed bumps. When you're riding from point A to point B on a bmx, you usually crank a good 5-8 revolutions full bore to get speed; coast a bit; and repeat. Well I had just cranked my 8 revs and was going maybe 20-25... sat down on the seat, relaxed and took hands off the bars and just coasted while enjoying the crisp morning air. Next thing I know I'm sliding on my elbows with my scorpion'd over me on "smooth" black asphalt. Turns out I was taken down by a speed bump cause I wasn't paying attention. Hate when that happens...
    Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard website

Happy Trails

Cannondale here, but I get stoked reading you guys how stoked you are on Airborne. Seriously, koolaid but all good. Good vibe. (Hmmmmmm Lefty on a Goblin hardtail frame.......?). Happy trails.

Airborne Flight Crew

A lefty user talking about Kool-aid? OK! Lol, but c'mon- this IS a manufacturer's forum after all . What do you expect? The bikes are great values...
    Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard website

Airborne Flight Crew

A lefty user talking about Kool-aid? OK! Lol, but c'mon- this IS a manufacturer's forum after all . What do you expect? The bikes are great values...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard website

Captain Climber
    I want to give some props to flight crew member theOmniHouse for his videos. He does this for a living from what I can gather so that is why they are so great. I found these when I was researching Airborne bikes. Here is one from 2012 Sea Otter where he greatly improved his time from his first time down hilling the year before. I believe Jerry is in some of his vids too.

Airborne Flight Crew

Neal's vids are off the hook, and he's super down to earth too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard website