mtbr member

Some Pics from my ride with the HOBGOB XO!!!

Some Pics from my ride with the HOBGOB XO!!!-img_2471.jpgSome Pics from my ride with the HOBGOB XO!!!-img_2470.jpgSome Pics from my ride with the HOBGOB XO!!!-img_2469.jpgSome Pics from my ride with the HOBGOB XO!!!-img_2468.jpgSome Pics from my ride with the HOBGOB XO!!!-img_2467.jpgWent on a great ride today did close to 20 miles. Thought I was gonna change out the seat but it didnt bother me today! Pics are from Little Big Econ State Forest or Snowhill! Good little trail near the house! The bike is awesome and is so smooth. The shifting was spot on, suspension rocked over lots of logs and roots. The bike handled awesome Im very pleased with my decision to go with Airborne bikes. I did a little marketing for the company in the parking lot. My bike was the topic of discussion and everyone was very impressed! Good job Airborne.

Captain Climber
    Cool pics Mitch... I was about to say that didn't look like CL but I read further. Is Snowhill an easier ride than CL? I couldn't imagine doing 20 miles at CL without being dead tired. From the look of the trail in the pics it looks much easier.

mtbr member
    Easier parts but can get skecthy as there are a ton of roots. But not bad! the trail I started on. You would like it. But dont go unless there has been rain or its so sandy and is tough when dry.

Captain Climber
    Good to know... How did the conversation get started in the parking lot? Did they come to you? Had they ever heard of Airborne?

mtbr member
    Cam into parking lot after first lap and all I heard was "hey is that the XO"? I was like yep and about 5 guys came over and looked it over really good. One guy said "damn your components are better than whats on my niner! LOL Let on guy ride it around the lot and he was like OMG its so quiet and is very smooth. Got huge compliments all around.

Captain Climber
    Very cool! I noticed the XO stands out on the bike.

NeedGod.com
    Great shots!

Just curious why you went with the XO instead of the regular HG? Do you think the jump in price is worth it?
    Nathan

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    As someone with a regular HG, component for component, the XO is a bargain vs upgrading. Upgrade or 2 things on the normal HG and you end up within a couple hundred dollars.

Also, the black looks sick. I don't mind the blue, but the blacked out look is awesome.

mtbr member
    What Pat said! When I was in the market to buy a 29er cross country bike I was looking at the Giant Trance and the Anthem. As I researched more I found that the Anthem was more of what I was looking for with that said one day I was reading a magazine and saw the add for the hobgoblin x7 and was like dang that set up is almost the same as the anthem. So basically what Pat said is correct I would probably upgrade everything on it and why do that when I can do it in one shot. The Anthem was $2700 with I think an SLX shifters, XT DR, SLX crank. For $300 more I get the HObgoblin full XO with Carbon cockpit! Cant be beat. To buy my setup with another company would cost another $1000 so I actually saved a little more than a grand. The bike is ultra smooth! I had also sold my enduro which helped purchase the XO. Like pat said the blacked out look is awesome!