Captain Climber

SkyHawk seat quick release

Can someone recommend me a quick release for my SkyHawk's seat post? Do all the other higher end XC Airborne bikes come with one?

TXTony
    Quote Originally Posted by Jem7sk View Post
    Can someone recommend me a quick release for my SkyHawk's seat post? Do all the other higher end XC Airborne bikes come with one?
    Most XC bikes have a bolt on seat clamp..your longer travel trail and all mountain bikes have a qr seat post clamp..Hope makes some good ones but they are a little pricey for a seat post clamp..tons of them on ebay..Salsa is another good one,,

Captain Climber
    Thanks Tony! What about just using a skewer in place of the current bolt and existing collar?
    Amazon.com: Ostart Black Bike Bicycle Quick Release Seatpost Seat Clamp Front Hub Skewer: Sports & Outdoors

TXTony
    That link does show the seat post clamp which looks like a mini skewer. I have never tried a regular skewer as a seat post clamp. Not sure if they are the same diameter. But you run into issues of lever length. Threads. You can pick up an no name brand quick release for the seat post cheap. Honestly on XC stuff I have never found the need to lower the seat post. Pluse a regular clamp and bolt system is lighter. If weight is your thing. I actually prefer the bolt clamp(collar) on everything other than my all mountain rig where I run a KS Droper seat post on.

Captain Climber
    That does look cool. I was thinking either Gold, orange or purple to go with my SkyHawk. Actually, I might just carry an Allen wrench and take a few extra seconds to remove my seat to get it in my Xterra like coxinio did here:
    Putting bike in back of Xterra/SUV

Ps... Do you all have AM in DFW?

TXTony
    Yep. That works. I did that back in the day when I had a Pathfinder. Worked great and never had a issue.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    These are my new favorite clamp, I have one on my Wingman, and one back ordered for my Guardian. Nicely machined, light, and all metal, plus the lever is on the left, which makes life easier for a southpaw like me.