Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Seeker on the way... no shock pump and Jeremy suggested 160psi.

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  skyphix 
#1 ·
So I've got a few questions but they probably aren't worth bugging Jeremy or Eric with (they've already helped me a ton.)

I've got a Seeker on the way but I haven't had a suspension fork (or a new mountain bike, to be honest) since elastomers were all the rage, and Jeremy suggested 160psi for me since I'm a heavier rider. The issue is that I don't have a shock pump, so now my question.

What pressure does the Recon come stock?

I'm assuming the bike doesn't come with the shock pump since they're ~$35 on Amazon. Correct assumption?

I'll eventually pick one up but stretched the budget to grab this and another set of pedals, plus a bunch of race registrations and a bike tour over the next month, so need to cool the purchases for a while.

#3 ·
I knew not to try to fill it with a standard pump and wouldn't think to use a compressor, but always happy to have a reminder.

I'm about 235lbs dressed. Am I going to damage the shock in anyway by riding it (xc/light trail, roots but nothing crazy) until I get it up to 160? He also suggested adjusting the rebound so that will be done as well. This is all Greek to me.

Thanks

#4 ·
I knew not to try to fill it with a standard pump and wouldn't think to use a compressor, but always happy to have a reminder.

I'm about 235lbs dressed. Am I going to damage the shock in anyway by riding it (xc/light trail, roots but nothing crazy) until I get it up to 160? He also suggested adjusting the rebound so that will be done as well. This is all Greek to me.

Thanks
Any bike shop worth their salt should set the pressure for you. As little time as it should take them, they might do it for free. Buy a spare tube or bottle cage or something to give a little back.

#6 ·
So I've got a few questions but they probably aren't worth bugging Jeremy or Eric with (they've already helped me a ton.)

I've got a Seeker on the way but I haven't had a suspension fork (or a new mountain bike, to be honest) since elastomers were all the rage, and Jeremy suggested 160psi for me since I'm a heavier rider. The issue is that I don't have a shock pump, so now my question.

What pressure does the Recon come stock?

I'm assuming the bike doesn't come with the shock pump since they're ~$35 on Amazon. Correct assumption?

I'll eventually pick one up but stretched the budget to grab this and another set of pedals, plus a bunch of race registrations and a bike tour over the next month, so need to cool the purchases for a while.
Is this the scratch\dent Seeker from our office here? If so I'll set it before we close the box and ship it.

Jeremy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.