mtbr member
    May 2007

Seeker on the way... no shock pump and Jeremy suggested 160psi.

So I've got a few questions but they probably aren't worth bugging Jeremy or Eric with (they've already helped me a ton.)

I've got a Seeker on the way but I haven't had a suspension fork (or a new mountain bike, to be honest) since elastomers were all the rage, and Jeremy suggested 160psi for me since I'm a heavier rider. The issue is that I don't have a shock pump, so now my question.

What pressure does the Recon come stock?

I'm assuming the bike doesn't come with the shock pump since they're ~$35 on Amazon. Correct assumption?

I'll eventually pick one up but stretched the budget to grab this and another set of pedals, plus a bunch of race registrations and a bike tour over the next month, so need to cool the purchases for a while.

mtbr member

Seeker on the way... no shock pump and Jeremy suggested 160psi.

They're probably set between 100-125 psi. Don't try to use another style pump or even worse a compressor to try to add air. They move too high volume of air. Just order a pump when you can. You may be able to stop by a shop and have them adjust it or ask a friend.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I knew not to try to fill it with a standard pump and wouldn't think to use a compressor, but always happy to have a reminder.

I'm about 235lbs dressed. Am I going to damage the shock in anyway by riding it (xc/light trail, roots but nothing crazy) until I get it up to 160? He also suggested adjusting the rebound so that will be done as well. This is all Greek to me.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by skyphix View Post
    I knew not to try to fill it with a standard pump and wouldn't think to use a compressor, but always happy to have a reminder.

I'm about 235lbs dressed. Am I going to damage the shock in anyway by riding it (xc/light trail, roots but nothing crazy) until I get it up to 160? He also suggested adjusting the rebound so that will be done as well. This is all Greek to me.

Thanks
    Any bike shop worth their salt should set the pressure for you. As little time as it should take them, they might do it for free. Buy a spare tube or bottle cage or something to give a little back.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Mine was right around 100psi stock.

Airborne Product Dude
    So I've got a few questions but they probably aren't worth bugging Jeremy or Eric with (they've already helped me a ton.)

I've got a Seeker on the way but I haven't had a suspension fork (or a new mountain bike, to be honest) since elastomers were all the rage, and Jeremy suggested 160psi for me since I'm a heavier rider. The issue is that I don't have a shock pump, so now my question.

What pressure does the Recon come stock?

I'm assuming the bike doesn't come with the shock pump since they're ~$35 on Amazon. Correct assumption?

I'll eventually pick one up but stretched the budget to grab this and another set of pedals, plus a bunch of race registrations and a bike tour over the next month, so need to cool the purchases for a while.
    Is this the scratch\dent Seeker from our office here? If so I'll set it before we close the box and ship it.

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyFlyer View Post
    Is this the scratch\dent Seeker from our office here? If so I'll set it before we close the box and ship it.

Jeremy
    Yes it is! You're the best.

Airborne Product Dude
    Yes it is! You're the best.
    Done! Eric is boxing it up now.

Enjoy cramming for your upcoming 24hour race!

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyFlyer View Post
    Enjoy cramming for your upcoming 24hour race!

Cramming is the right word for it, too. The fitness is there, but the skill is going to be a little sketchy. It's all about experiences, right? Technology that is 15 years newer should help, right guys? Hello?

Looking forward to putting some miles in this weekend.