mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Seeker Stem/Bars Upgrade

Loving my new Seeker but feel like the stem might be a little long for me. I'm thinking of changing to a 0 degree rise 60mm stem and a 700mm wide 20mm rise handlebar.

Anyone have any feedback on handling with that setup or any other recommended setups?

Thanks!!

EDIT: Also, I'm 5'10" riding an 18" Seeker. Thanks!

mtbr member
    I just replaced the stock 100mm stem with a 70mm RaceFace +/-6 degrees, and it made a HUGE difference. A slightly wider bar will lengthen the reach a bit, but the 20mm rise will compensate. I am the same size and weight as you, and I bet you will like the feel of it. You may want to try one upgrade at a time just to see how it feels.
    Money doesn't buy happiness, but you can buy a bike, and that is pretty close.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by s0ul_chicken View Post
    I just replaced the stock 100mm stem with a 70mm RaceFace +/-6 degrees, and it made a HUGE difference. A slightly wider bar will lengthen the reach a bit, but the 20mm rise will compensate. I am the same size and weight as you, and I bet you will like the feel of it. You may want to try one upgrade at a time just to see how it feels.
    Thanks s0ul_chicken!

Anybody else have suggestions/advice?

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Re: Seeker Stem/Bars Upgrade

Switched to a 60 mm stem with a -8° rise, and 720 mm wide flat bar. Absolutely love it now. Quickened up the steering a lot, but still stable enough for fast descents.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokomojo View Post
    Switched to a 60 mm stem with a -8 rise, and 720 mm wide flat bar. Absolutely love it now. Quickened up the steering a lot, but still stable enough for fast descents.
    Cool! Thanks Tokomojo!

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    I got the Race Face Ride riser bar and stem at PricePoint for around $40 for my Guardian. I am about the same size as you and I really liked the change.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Seeker Stem/Bars Upgrade-img_9597.jpg  

Seeker Stem/Bars Upgrade-img_9599.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnPar5 View Post
    I got the Race Face Ride riser bar and stem at PricePoint for around $40 for my Guardian. I am about the same size as you and I really liked the change.
    What are the specs for your stem and riser bar? Also, that is one SWEET Guardian!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Thanks, I am really loving it.
    The bar is 665mm wide with .79" rise. $19.99 at Jenson
    Stem is 70mm with 6* rise. 14.99 at Jenson

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Nailed it!!

Ok I ended up going with a Race Face Ride Low Riser 710mm bar and a Race Face Ride 6 deg., 70mm stem from PricePoint. Freaking perfection!! This bike literally feels like it has become part of my body now! Here are a couple more pics. So far, I've only got to put right at 20 miles on the bike, but those 20 miles were pretty sweet!!

Seeker Stem/Bars Upgrade-seekerrfbars-2.jpg
    Seeker Stem/Bars Upgrade-seekerrfbars.jpg

mtbr member
    Looks awesome OrangeBlood!! It is amazing the difference you can make in the cockpit by a simple change.
    Money doesn't buy happiness, but you can buy a bike, and that is pretty close.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Looks awesome. I loved the difference it made on my Guardian.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I'm also a big fan of the short stem/riser bar combo. RaceFace's stuff looks sweet, is pretty light, and you can find smoking deals online for their stuff. If you're looking to switch to a post where you can adjust the tilt of your saddle, Jenson has a RF Evolve right now for $19.99!

mtbr member
    I need some help from my AB friends. Accidentally broke a bolt off in the stock stem on my Seeker, which I'll have to replace. Looking at the below stem on price point. Will this work okay with my stock bars in a 100mm or 70mm?
    RaceFace Ride Stem | Race Face | Brand | www.PricePoint.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Crank2Go View Post
    I need some help from my AB friends. Accidentally broke a bolt off in the stock stem on my Seeker, which I'll have to replace. Looking at the below stem on price point. Will this work okay with my stock bars in a 100mm or 70mm?
    It will work. 31.8 Bars match the stem.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    So I'm a bit of an oddball with my bike setup. I rode with the stock setup on my Guardian 1.0 for quite a while. After about 300 accumulated miles I changed the bar out to a Forte Team 720mm bar. I loved the way the extra bar width felt for my all around style of riding. After another 350 miles or so I wanted a change. I felt the cockpit setup needed a bit 'more'. So I put on a 50mm Hope zero degree stem. Rode it with the Hope and the 720mm bar for a while and I've just switched to a new bar - a Raceface Atlas. This new bar is HUGE! 785mm uncut and it's wonderful! I love the super wide bars! Excellent control, open chest for breathing, and the bar looks absolutely stunning. I'm sure people look at me funny because of the XC bike with DH bars but I don't care!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013

Seeker Stem/Bars Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Crank2Go View Post
    I have that stem in 70mm but have switched the bars out to 720mm risers. It would work but would probably be a bit twitchy with stock bars.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by h8pavmt View Post
    I've just switched to a new bar - a Raceface Atlas. This new bar is HUGE! 785mm uncut and it's wonderful! I love the super wide bars! Excellent control, open chest for breathing, and the bar looks absolutely stunning. I'm sure people look at me funny because of the XC bike with DH bars but I don't care!
    H8pavmt, post a pic if you can. Those bars look absolutely stunning online. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    The bars are pretty sweet. My pictures don't show the bar as well as the ones on the Raceface site, but you can get the idea...

Name:  IMG_4279.JPG
Views: 146
Size:  43.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_4277.JPG
Views: 144
Size:  35.5 KB