mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Seeker arrived! Need help with brakes please!

My Seeker has arrived and I must say she's a beauty! Best of all, the bike arrived in pristine condition. I've assembled the bike and it was pretty straight forward as most have mentioned. However, I've failed at the brake adjustment

I noticed the disc rubbing against the pads so I hit youtube and watched a few videos on adjusting the brake caliper. It had me squeeze the brake lever while making adjustments to the two bolts on the caliper. Well when I did this, brake fluid leaked all over my rug and now the brake lever has little resistance when I pull on it. Did I screw this up? I don't want to do anymore damage so unless this is a quick fix, maybe I should just take it to the shop? I'd like to learn myself but feel like I need someone here showing me in person.

Thanks in advance!

Lee

mtbr member

Are you sure you didn't loosen the screws that hold the two sides of the caliper together? If you did that and then squeezed the lever you would likely get a leak from the pistons.

The screws you need to loosen are the two that face the back of the bike. The screws at the very top and very bottom of the caliper. Not the screws that are facing you in this picture.

FKA Malibu412
    Yep, sounds like you loosened the bolts that hold the caliper together, not the mounting bolts that allow the caliper to be repositioned and centered over the rotor with the ball/socket CPS washers. Needs a bleed and more fluid. You may want to take it to a shop unless you get a bleed kit and understand how to use it.
    "I love the bike. It's my meditation. I think I'm bike-sexual." -Robin Williams

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Ah man... That's exactly what I did! Go figure it wouldn't take much for me to screw it up. I'll take it to the shop tomorrow and watch it be done that right way haha. Thanks for the quick responses guys, much appreciated.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Destination, i think i spotted your bike at Spokes etc yesterday. i hadn't seen a Seeker in person yet so i took a look. Awesome bike! too bad about the brake adjustment issues.

mtbr member

They look great in person don't they? Pictures don't do them justice. One perk to living close to Airborne HQ is seeing all of the new (and some of the prototype) bikes in person.