mtbr member

Schwable tire mounting issues on new Goblin

Guys, has anyone mounted any of the Schwable tires on the goblin wtb rims. I'm a noob and having a ***** of a time. I'cant get the tire mounted all the way. The tire I'm tryng to mount is a Schwable HD Evo SS pacestar tire with inner tube. I originaly bought the tires to mount on a set of flows tubless but i wont have the rims until next spring so i wanted to try them out on the stock rims.

mtbr member
    Hey there,

Sometimes certain tire/rim combinations can be a tight fit, but if you use proper mounting techniques it usually can be done. Since you are a self-addmitted noob here's a link to a decent vid:

How-To: No Tools Tire Mounting Video

Probably the best thing I can tell you is that be certain you have the bead dropped down into the center of the tire to ensure there is enough slack when trying to get the last bit of the bead popped over the rim lip and seated.
    Homebrewer, Patriot, Amateur Photographer

mtbr member
    Thanks Big Daddy. She finnaly mounted with a couple extra curse words and a couple of tire wrenches. Tire is much tighter to fit on than the stock Geax. I guess it gets easier after you do it a couple of hundred times.