mtbr member

Rigor in Sun, Sand, Snow, and Smud

Had a fun, muddy ride trying out the new 42T rear cog, and a new Ram handlebar mount filming rearward. Nothing fancy on the edit as this was a test on how steady the camera would be over rough terrain. +10 for Ram, the mount was brilliant for the VIRB. Apologies if the music is too loud, you may want to turn your volume down before hitting play. 2 minutes in is my favorite part, the turn around the edge of the ridge - and at 2.44 I changed mounting positions for the downhill run to the back chainstay.

Money doesn't buy happiness, but you can buy a bike, and that is pretty close.

mtbr member
    Where's the video?

mtbr member
    I see it just fine, but here is a direct link: Rigor Mortis filmed at 180 on Vimeo

mtbr member

Rigor in Sun, Sand, Snow, and Smud

It worked for me the 1st time. I browse using the ever downgrading tapatalk app on iOS.

mtbr member
    Not sure why I don't have a link with the OP, strange. Neat video, at some points it almost looks like the tire is going backwards.

mtbr member
    Thanks toddre, I will be sure to start including direct links in the future! Today was even muddier, even crashed hitting a nasty clay section - was almost like soup. Should make for a fun edit this week.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by s0ul_chicken View Post
    Thanks toddre, I will be sure to start including direct links in the future! Today was even muddier, even crashed hitting a nasty clay section - was almost like soup. Should make for a fun edit this week.
    Looking forward to it!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    That camera/device really does do a nice job. Also, super jealous of you being able to ride right now! My riding partner and I are skiing some MTB trails but we're both first-year skiers and are much more comfortable on the MTB, so naturally its more fun.

So how did you feel on steep and techy stuff with the 1x10 and 42t?
    Eric

mtbr member
    Feel free to post vids like that (and pics!) on our facebook page also! Nice!

Jeremy
    Homebrewer, Patriot, Amateur Photographer

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by skyphix View Post
    That camera/device really does do a nice job. Also, super jealous of you being able to ride right now! My riding partner and I are skiing some MTB trails but we're both first-year skiers and are much more comfortable on the MTB, so naturally its more fun.

So how did you feel on steep and techy stuff with the 1x10 and 42t?
    I tell you, that 42T is a blessing - you can just spin up any hill that comes up. The only difficulty I had was when some of the uphill sections had three inches of wet clay. I could spin through, but there were lots of slippage from the tires, and wandering handlebars. All in all, a great purchase for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyFlyer View Post
    Feel free to post vids like that (and pics!) on our facebook page also! Nice!

Jeremy
    Will do Jeremy!