Thread: Rigid Goblin

TXTony

Rigid Goblin

Has anyone converted their Goblin to a rigid frame? Thinking about doing it and was wondering if anyone had and what fork did they use.

My first mountain bike back in the day was a rigid steel frame...pretty much all we had to choose from..never thought about suspension..just rode it..definitely made one pick their lines and concentrate more on the trail..

Seems like my cycling wants have come full circle in some ways..I have found i ride both my HTs more than my FS bikes...

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by TXTony View Post
    Has anyone converted their Goblin to a rigid frame? Thinking about doing it and was wondering if anyone had and what fork did they use.

My first mountain bike back in the day was a rigid steel frame...pretty much all we had to choose from..never thought about suspension..just rode it..definitely made one pick their lines and concentrate more on the trail..

Seems like my cycling wants have come full circle in some ways..I have found i ride both my HTs more than my FS bikes...
    I haven't done it yet, but I have been toying with the idea of building up a rigid singlespeed Goblin for myself (like I REALLY need one more bike, LOL!). I've been eyeballing the carbon rigid fork from Niner, it looks really nice. That's probably what I would use for my own build, in the "nude" finish.

I just wish that fork had a thru-axle set-up on it though. I think that would make it perfect.

If the market was large enough we would look into doing one ourselves with a thru-axle, however its too small of a volume for us right now and wouldn't be a smart investment in terms of expense and tooling charges. As we continue to grow there are a lot of niche products like this that we would like to explore....

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

TXTony
    Yep I am thinking about the Niner fork also (lot of coin) but a sweet fork...the idea being leaving the rest of the bike as is (geared) and then I can simply swap the forks out when I want to or feel the need..I am thinking the Goblin would rail with a rigid fork on XC type stuff..knock some weight off..stay glued to the trail on tight turns...would love one with a thru axle as well...

TXTony
    So it is going rigid...getting a carbon fork for it...carbon drop bars..working with the shop on what brakes to go with and probably Sram Force shifters...