mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Reba RL solo air set up on the goblin

Hi everyone, i recently bought an airborne goblin (with the REBA solo air), very happy with the bike

I have some concerns about my fork and the fork setup, i apologies in advance if these are very noobish questions, but i couldn't find the answers anywhere.

1)During my first ride on the bike, i already bottomed out my fork doing a simple jump off the curb. Because of this i think i need to increase the PSI in the fork, but i don't know how much. I tried looking on the RS website and i did find an air pressure guide, but they don't list specifications for the solo air model. I weigh 225LBS, how much PSI should be in the air chamber for my weight?

2)Also, i found that when i lockout the compression, (turn it all the way clockwise) the fork does not lock out and i still get about 1.5 inches of travel. Is this normal? or could be due to lack of PSI as well?

3)And on the other hand, when i turn the compression all the way counterclockwise, the forks are extremely squishy. Is this normal as well?

mtbr member

Reba RL solo air set up on the goblin

Sounds like you need to add air. Do you have a shock pump? Normal pumps move too much air. I'm about 10 pounds less than you and, going from memory, have about 150 psi in my fork.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    I don't have a shock pump yet, but i will get one this week because of this issue.

Thank you for the info so far.

Airborne Product Dude
    There's a guide for psi on the lower fok leg. Start with the suggested amount; you'll need to fine tune it to your personal ride style and terrain.

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member

Re: Reba RL solo air set up on the goblin

Quote Originally Posted by supadrifto View Post
    I don't have a shock pump yet, but i will get one this week because of this issue.

Thank you for the info so far.
    Or if you don't want to shell out the dough for a pump, you could take it to your lbs and have them put some air in it. Mine did it for free!

Also, the psi guide on the fork seems a little too high for me. I'm 180 lbs and when I had them put in the recommended 120 psi, the sag was only at 10%.

Bottom line: Don't blindly follow the guide on the fork. Set the psi to whatever gives you the correct sag

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I'm 190lbs and rock 130 psi. The red ring is what you'll need to lower and watch. If I see it getting near the top, I'll turn the lock out one closer to the lock so I avoid bottoming out.

mtbr member
    go on utube and you will find some videos on how to measure sag on your front fork. Its a good idea to understand how to do it but follow the guidelines BDF is stating by setting up the initial psi based on the guide written on the fork. You need to use the red o-ring on the fork to see how much sag you are getting as well as see how much travel is being used on the fork when out on the trails.