mtbr member
    Sep 2013

Good job! Praise for Airborne Customer Service

This past Monday the KT freehub on my 2 month old Goblin died on a ride with friends. I had a good few hours of riding in (luckily) before a long walk back to the car.

Within hours of contacting Airborne customer service they shipped me a new wheel. It's going to take about a week to get here but at least it's on the way.

Just wanted to post about my positive experience.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I'll second that. When I broke an axle, they sent me two new ones plus end caps. They did this free of charge even though my Goblin is out of warranty and the issue was admittedly my fault.

They also mailed me two water bottles when I ordered just one. I called to be sure they were aware of this. They said they knew and enjoy.

Every correspondence has been good and informative.

So your experience is no fluke. They really try to go above and beyond.

mtbr member
    I will third and fourth it - the frame and brakes issue I had were resolved crazy quick, Eric even offered a voucher for an LBS to assemble the bike, but wasn't needed. Instead I received a couple of sticker sheets! WOO HOO! The frame came in less than a week, and was on the trail in a matter of hours after assembly. The brakes were a swap and ship making that repair one of the easiest I had ever encountered. After all is said and done, I couldn't be more pleased with my purchase, and will most certainly be buying another ride from them in the near future.

5x5 Chili's for me!
    Money doesn't buy happiness, but you can buy a bike, and that is pretty close.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Same here. Had a bent hanger out of the box on my seeker. Sent Eric an email and he had it in the mail that day. They've also been very patient with all my noob questions that I'm sure get old after a while. They're all top notch on customer service and let's hope they stay that way when they get big.

mtbr member
    Wow stickers! Your lucky I was told id get some for buying the hobgoblin XO never received then emailed a request for some. never received. Lucky!

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch1171 View Post
    Wow stickers! Your lucky I was told id get some for buying the hobgoblin XO never received then emailed a request for some. never received. Lucky!
    Please PM me your mailing address and I will ensure Eric sends them to you, thanks.

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Just want to say thanks again to the guys at Airborne. I got 2 RD hangers delivered today. I thought they were just sending me one for the one that was bent in shipping. Not sure if they're just that good to customers, it was a mistake, or they just feel like I'm going to be the type that's rough on hangers, but I sure appreciate it. Thanks again for outstanding service!

PS If it was a mistake and I need to send one back, let me know!

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by okieff2218 View Post
    Same here. Had a bent hanger out of the box on my seeker. Sent Eric an email and he had it in the mail that day. They've also been very patient with all my noob questions that I'm sure get old after a while. They're all top notch on customer service and let's hope they stay that way when they get big.
    Sorry for the noob question, but does this look like a bent hanger?

I got my bike about two weeks ago and only have about 30 miles on my bike. Had trouble getting the shifting to work well and noticed that the hanger looked off.. even after a lot of adjusting. That is as straight of a photo I could get and as you can see, it looks to be bending outward.

I sent an email about this to Airborne support yesterday but haven't heard back yet.

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by iMTBike View Post
    Sorry for the noob question, but does this look like a bent hanger?

I got my bike about two weeks agaon and only have about 30 miles on my bike. Had trouble getting the shifting to work well and noticed that the hanger looked off..

I sent an email about this to Airborne support yesterday but haven't heard back yet.
    Hard to tell from the photo, because it could be because of the angle, but it looks like its been bent a little bit (forward and in).

We have new ones on the website that you can order here:

Airborne Bicycles. Goblin-Guardian-Seeker RD Hanger Replacement

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyFlyer View Post
    Hard to tell from the photo, because it could be because of the angle, but it looks like its been bent a little bit (forward and in).

We have new ones on the website that you can order here:

Airborne Bicycles. Goblin-Guardian-Seeker RD Hanger Replacement

Jeremy
    That proves how much of a noob I am about this... ha. It seems to be bent outward in the arm (lowest part in the picture). I haven't tried to manually bend it but can try that if that is safe to do.

BTW, thanks for responding so fast.

Mike

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    The hanger itself (silver part up top) seems straight to me.

After seeing a guy on the side of the trails this past Monday with a broken hanger, this reminds me to order a spare to keep on me while riding.

mtbr member
    Jeremy and Eric have helped me out a number of times, had a faulty hanger on monday. Eric sent me a new one and reached wednesday. Great service, Love airborne. Would love some stickers too!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyFlyer View Post
    Please PM me your mailing address and I will ensure Eric sends them to you, thanks.

Jeremy
    Thanks man!

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    I should have asked for some stickers as well. I received my replacement wheel today and got it all mounted and ready to go.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Just wanted to put in my $0.02 here. I'm making a warranty claim with Airborne now and, just as in the past, their service has been exemplary. Thanks Eric and Jeremy!
    Eric

Airborne Product Dude
    You're welcome!

We know we can't please everyone all of the time, but we do the best that we can and try to treat folks like we want to be treated.

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    I posted the issue about the bent hangar above and want to provide an update on my experience working with Airborne...

Two words to describe the service: Top notch.

Thank you Airborne. If I needed another new bike right now, I wouldn't think twice about ordering another one from you. In the meantime, I've been doing a fair bit of good word of mouth promoting of you guys.