Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
    Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by TXTony View Post
    Yeah I really like the Sun Ringle products..You can use any of my pictures anytime you want..thanks!
    Done!
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Got a smoking deal on some new generation Crank Brothers Iodine 29r wheels so now the goblin is running around with some nice bling. The wheels made a big improvement to a already playful bike with most of the wheel weight closer to the hub they spin up super fast and are very stiff. Didn't get any trail side picks on her first ride with new wheels I was having to much fun to stop for pics.

Love the FSA bits TXTony put on and hope to snag some like it when the bike budget recovers some.

I continue to be very impressed with he goblin she is now sub 27lb on a 22 inch frame and still feeling solid.

TXTony
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailMasonJones View Post

Got a smoking deal on some new generation Crank Brothers Iodine 29r wheels so now the goblin is running around with some nice bling. The wheels made a big improvement to a already playful bike with most of the wheel weight closer to the hub they spin up super fast and are very stiff. Didn't get any trail side picks on her first ride with new wheels I was having to much fun to stop for pics.

Love the FSA bits TXTony put on and hope to snag some like it when the bike budget recovers some.

I continue to be very impressed with he goblin she is now sub 27lb on a 22 inch frame and still feeling solid.
    Tight looking dude!

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailMasonJones View Post

Those wheels look awesome on there~! It's amazing what a light, stiff high end wheelset does for these bikes in terms of ride quality and fun factor. There's definitely a reason why when people ask "shat should I upgrade first on my bike" the answer is almost always "wheels".

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

Airborne Product Dude
    Here's mine. I haven't finished cleaning it yet~
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Modified Airborne Bikes-gevo.jpg  

Airborne Dude.

TXTony
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyFlyer View Post
    Here's mine. I haven't finished cleaning it yet~
    Sweet rig. Gotta love blinging bikes out.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barheet View Post
    1x9 conversion fully completed with BBG bash and NGear.
    How is this conversion working out for you?

I'm a fixed track rider looking to get into a 29er and this bike seems like a sound entry level option; however the gearing seems to be a bit of an overkill for my needs. I'd have no issues wrenching on the bike itself but I'm very unfamiliar with mountain bikes in general and the components to make something like this work properly without some guidance.

Would you mind linking to me to the parts you purchased for the conversion? (Realize you referenced them but I'm unsure of the jargin - ya, newbie) Appreciate the help. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Re: Post Your Modified Airborne Bikes

Jeremy, what frame is that?

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by trevor_b View Post
    Jeremy, what frame is that?
    Haha, someone noticed something different, huh?

Too soon to give any info................
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyFlyer View Post
    Haha, someone noticed something different, huh?

Too soon to give any info................
    Haha, I was wondering where the green bits were (thinking it was an upgraded goblin). How much time until you can tell us something?

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by trevor_b View Post
    Haha, I was wondering where the green bits were (thinking it was an upgraded goblin). How much time until you can tell us something?
    Not for awhile. We're still in development/ride-testing phase at the moment.......

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Carbon frame?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

MTB Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by providence View Post
    How is this conversion working out for you?

I'm a fixed track rider looking to get into a 29er and this bike seems like a sound entry level option; however the gearing seems to be a bit of an overkill for my needs. I'd have no issues wrenching on the bike itself but I'm very unfamiliar with mountain bikes in general and the components to make something like this work properly without some guidance.

Would you mind linking to me to the parts you purchased for the conversion? (Realize you referenced them but I'm unsure of the jargin - ya, newbie) Appreciate the help. Thanks!
    It's working great. Not a single jump in well over 200 miles. I also love that I can wear my loose snow pants with the bashguard in place and not catch them on the chainring.

I'm using the Ngear jumptop. Amazon sells it. The BBG Bashguard: Home
    Nathan

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Quote Originally Posted by swildnm View Post
    Looks good! How does it ride? I put a Minute Pro on my wife's Skyhawk for Christmas and she is loving it.
    I don't know!

Im in michigan

Its been snow and cold since I installed them (-20 with wind chill once). Then it melts just enough to freeze.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barheet View Post
    It's working great. Not a single jump in well over 200 miles. I also love that I can wear my loose snow pants with the bashguard in place and not catch them on the chainring.

I'm using the Ngear jumptop. Amazon sells it. The BBG Bashguard: Home
    Thanks for the response and good to hear it's working out for you. A few minor, quick things:

Do I need new chain ring bolts in order to fasten the Bashguard?
    In order to get the granny gear off, do I need to pull the crank?

Sorry for the questions but hard to plan for sight-unseen. Thanks again.

mtbr member

Post Your Modified Airborne Bikes

I can't wait to put these...

Post Your Modified Airborne Bikes-imageuploadedbytapatalk1360275124.887803.jpg

On this...

Post Your Modified Airborne Bikes-imageuploadedbytapatalk1360275155.604717.jpg

MTB Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by providence View Post
    Thanks for the response and good to hear it's working out for you. A few minor, quick things:

Do I need new chain ring bolts in order to fasten the Bashguard?
    In order to get the granny gear off, do I need to pull the crank?

Sorry for the questions but hard to plan for sight-unseen. Thanks again.
    If you are planning a 1x9 conversion as I have done, then yes, you will need new chain ring bolts. Your local bike shop will have what you need.

No, you will not need to pull off the crank.

One disclaimer: Running 1x9 requires some pretty strong legs because you don't have that granny ring to fall back to. I'd suggest trying it out stock before messing around with the drivetrain.
    Nathan

Airborne Flight Crew
    You will need to pull the crank to get the granny gear out. It won't fit over the crank. And for sure - try the new gear first. I put a 32 on my Hobgoblin thinking was going all 1x10 and stuff (kept the granny on just in case), but
    its harder than I thought it would be. Not impossible, but for me its like riding a single speed, and littler harder on my old knees.

As it sits now:

Hobgoblin
    Sunline V1 AM stem
    Deity D30 bars, uncut
    Bolt on grips, generic
    Deity Compound Pedals
    Kenda Nevegal
    Marzocchi 44 Mirco Ti fork.
    Chrome/polished Uno seatpost
    Red QR seat post clamp.
    32t large ring in hopes of going 1x10

Planned additions; Bionicon chainguide (attaches to chain stay), possibly a bashguard sandwich thing IF I take the 1x10 plunge. Might go back the Geax AKA's, or something very similar if I can find one in a 2.3. I love the Nevegals, but the rolling resistance is almost prohibitive on a lot the trails here.

If I find my way to some extra $$, then a pair of Loaded wheels in red ano.
    Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard website

MTB Fanatic
    Jerry is correct. I did have to pull off the crank to get the granny gear off. Forgot about that. All it requires is an allen wrench, though. Obviously I didn't have a problem with it since I already forgot about it. ha!

I elected to go with the setup I have instead of the bashwich because 1) I don't think the bashwich will fit on the Guardian. It was going to be close. 2) I've heard they can get caked with mud and tough to clean. I like to ride in the mud, so that didn't seem like a good fit for me.
    Nathan

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    SLX Crankset, ZTR Arch EX on Gold Hope Pro II Evo's.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

More modifications to my Marauder

Here is my Marauder in it's current configuration.

New Race Face Atlas Crankset!

And new Avid XO Trail brakes! (These are awsome by the way!)

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Post Your Modified Airborne Bikes-wp_000603.jpgPost Your Modified Airborne Bikes-wp_000604.jpg
    loving the Goblin

TXTony

Goblin

76 degrees today and found some little old buildings out in the woods

mtbr member
    Just ordered Stans crest ZTR rims, Maxxis Ikons, Niner carbon forks, Niner seat post and stem. I'm shooting for sub 25 lbs on my (New) Goblin. I'll keep you posted when everything gets installed.

mtbr member

Post Your Modified Airborne Bikes

Got some kore 720mm bars for valentines day. Love them!!

Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast