Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
    TXTony

Goblin

So far all I have gotten done on her is changing out the wheels to the Black Flags..does not really do anything look wise but do seem to be a decent wheel set...got some other things planned for her.

MTB Fanatic
    1x9 conversion fully completed with BBG bash and NGear. Also increased fork travel to 100mm and added Peaty grips.

Nathan

mtbr member
    Got a new cassette, chain, and wheelset. Looks weird with silver rims. Post Your Modified Airborne Bikes-imageuploadedbytapatalk1356144626.680881.jpgPost Your Modified Airborne Bikes-imageuploadedbytapatalk1356144642.070274.jpg

mtbr member
    Post Your Modified Airborne Bikes-imageuploadedbytapatalk1356200052.597231.jpg

Mud n ice. Loving the new rims

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Love my Zeppelin. Jealous of the new wheelset above me.
    Upgrades: DMR V8 Pedals, ODI Lock-ons, Red BBG Bashguard, White Front Brake? (Received a faulty one).
    Panaracer Fire FR Tires, didn't like the stock tires and I thought red would look sweet.

People say the fork isn't great on the Zeppelin but I haven't seen a need to upgrade mine yet. Mainly have problems with the wheels coming out of true.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Nice Zep!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I have the chance to get a lightly used fork (minute expert) but the steerer tube is cut at 6.5 "

I measured mine (skyhawk) and its coming up at almost 7.5"........but there is an inch worth of spacers.

Will the minute expert forks work if I get rid of spacers?

Do I need spacers?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mi26r View Post
    I have the chance to get a lightly used fork (minute expert) but the steerer tube is cut at 6.5 "

I measured mine (skyhawk) and its coming up at almost 7.5"........but there is an inch worth of spacers.

Will the minute expert forks work if I get rid of spacers?

Do I need spacers?

You will be fine without the spacers. Let us know how you like it.

mtbr member
    Ohhh and I swapped the bar 2.1 rear shock for an ario RL. Love having a lockout. Totally changes the bike when climbing

Post Your Modified Airborne Bikes-imageuploadedbytapatalk1357322356.935065.jpg

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jkidd_39 View Post
    You will be fine without the spacers. Let us know how you like it.
    Thanks!

I will let you know.

Next on the list is the crank. I want to do a 1x8. ( I really only use the middle front gear, can I drill out the rivets and use my original, or should I by one of the ss race face models out there for under $100

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Thanks!

I will let you know.

Next on the list is the crank. I want to do a 1x8. ( I really only use the middle front gear, can I drill out the rivets and use my original, or should I by one of the ss race face models out there for under $100

Thanks!

You could go with something like this..
    Race Face Ride 3X9 Crankset Oe 2010 > Components > Drivetrain > Cranksets | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop
    or
    Race Face Ride 3X9 Crankset Oe 2010 > Components > Drivetrain > Cranksets | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop

This would require converting to a 9 speed. Depending on how long you have been cranking on your bike it might not be a terrible idea to swap out.. and the 8speed is a dead platform.. very difficult to find parts for..

This all depends on your size of course. I total shanked out my cassette and chain in 300 miles.. but i'm at 280lbs.

I can't find a weight on your stock crank but I would think it's pretty heavy. Suntour stuff is about as durable as they come. But they are freaking heavy.

My Fiance's Felt is a 15" HT frame and weighs as much as my FS 22" zeppelin elite.. It's got suntour everything (Fork, crank, ect)

But then again... You are modifying a entry level bike.. might just be a run what your brung deal

Says the guy that has put the purchase price of a zeppelin elite back into his bike (Roval wheels, Fox shock, ect ect...)

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    You can use that Raceface Ride XC crank with an 8 speed setup. Did it for a while on my wife's Skyhawk till I converted it to 9 speed. I'm actually running one on my late 90's vintage 7 speed ride too.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    if I bought the raceface with the bashgaurd, can I take of the small chainring?

my goal would be to run 1 chainring in the front and remove the shifter and front derailer.

(when I ride, I always kept it on middle chainring)

thanks,

Rich

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I dont see why not, but you'll probably need a chain guide to go 1x

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by swildnm View Post
    I dont see why not, but you'll probably need a chain guide to go 1x
    +1 on this def need a chainguard.

mtbr member
    just installed a bling ring. i crafted my own ghetto guide until i figure out exactly what i need.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Modified Airborne Bikes-img_0482.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Manitou minute expert installed!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Modified Airborne Bikes-uploadfromtaptalk1359249339641.jpg  

Post Your Modified Airborne Bikes-uploadfromtaptalk1359249355074.jpg  

Post Your Modified Airborne Bikes-uploadfromtaptalk1359249368847.jpg  

TXTony

Goblin

Added a FSA carbon handle bar. A FSA carbon seatpost. Xtr pedals. White seat post clamp. Have a FSA carbon stem on the way. Sun Ringle Black Flag wheels. Have some XO shifters from another build I might put on the Goblin and rear derailleur...up in the air on that has the X7 stuff is working just fine...

So far the Goblin is working great and is more than I ever expected when I ordered this bike.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Tony, how much did those black flag pros cost if you don't mind me asking?

TXTony
    Quote Originally Posted by trevor_b View Post
    Tony, how much did those black flag pros cost if you don't mind me asking?
    I got them on sale at Performance Bikes...they where on sale for 299

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by TXTony View Post
    I got them on sale at Performance Bikes...they where on sale for 299
    I currently only see black flag comps for $300. Whats the difference between the pro and comp? Is it just the weight? It looks like its a ~100g difference for $300.....
    Sun Ringlé Black Flag Comp 29" Wheelset -

TXTony
    Quote Originally Posted by stuppie View Post
    I currently only see black flag comps for $300. Whats the difference between the pro and comp? Is it just the weight? It looks like its a ~100g difference for $300.....
    Sun Ringlé Black Flag Comp 29" Wheelset -
    I really did not research the difference between the models..I saw these on sale and snagged them...I have a set of Sun Ringle Charger Pros on another bike and without doing a research I would think there may be a little difference in the hubs and bearings on the lower models vs the higher end models..I really do not pay much attention to weight much more these days when it comes to wheels...more worried about durability and quality..I have treated the Chargers like crap and they are still true and zero issues,,,it is hard to compare since one is a 26 and the Black Flags are 29..for the price of 300 dollars they are great wheels in my opinion...easy to set up tubeless..all the axle options in the even you go to another fork...so far I like them and they seem to be a great value for the price.

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by TXTony View Post
    Added a FSA carbon handle bar. A FSA carbon seatpost. Xtr pedals. White seat post clamp. Have a FSA carbon stem on the way. Sun Ringle Black Flag wheels. Have some XO shifters from another build I might put on the Goblin and rear derailleur...up in the air on that has the X7 stuff is working just fine...

So far the Goblin is working great and is more than I ever expected when I ordered this bike.
    That looks great! May post that one up on FB if you don't mind. The FSA stuff matches nicely~!

Those aren't BF Pro's are they? I don't see the tell-tale two white spokes on each. Are they the comps? I can't tell..

I really like my BF Pro's. I've been riding them now for awhile and they've been great wheels. Strong, light, and nice hub engagement. That's why we've spec'd them on our XO models and will be giving Sun-Ringle more spec on future models.

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

TXTony
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyFlyer View Post
    That looks great! May post that one up on FB if you don't mind. The FSA stuff matches nicely~!

Those aren't BF Pro's are they? I don't see the tell-tale two white spokes on each. Are they the comps? I can't tell..

I really like my BF Pro's. I've been riding them now for awhile and they've been great wheels. Strong, light, and nice hub engagement. That's why we've spec'd them on our XO models and will be giving Sun-Ringle more spec on future models.

Jeremy
    Yeah I really like the Sun Ringle products..You can use any of my pictures anytime you want..thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Manitou minute expert installed!
    Looks good! How does it ride? I put a Minute Pro on my wife's Skyhawk for Christmas and she is loving it.

Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast