Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    keeptrollintrollintrollin
    I don't have black flags but my brother in law does. VERY nice wheelset!

I think you would like Tubeless if you did it. The ability to run lower pressures really let's your tires hook into the dirt. My Nic's are like velcro in hero dirt at about 23 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyFlyer View Post
    I'm running the Black Flag Pro's which are a bit pricey but a very nice wheelset. Definitely stiffer and lighter than the stock WTB's.

Next month we are producing a Goblin XO that will have a full XO group, FSA SLK carbon bar/stem/post, and Black Flag Pro wheels. Gonna be awesome!!!!!!
    Bring back the greeeeeen! Haha.

BTW, I'm digging that toxin... sexy all around.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Sweet bikes. I too am considering upgrading wheel sets but I get overwhelmed by the number of optionout there. Plus the cost seems to be pretty great for a fraction of weight savings. Keep them coming!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I'm running the Black Flag Pro's which are a bit pricey but a very nice wheelset. Definitely stiffer and lighter than the stock WTB's.

Next month we are producing a Goblin XO that will have a full XO group, FSA SLK carbon bar/stem/post, and Black Flag Pro wheels. Gonna be awesome!!!!!!
    Oh great, after I commit to a pre-order of the new Goblin!
    Now am filled with much regret....

Nah, not really, probably out of my price range anyway.

Interested what that range is though....

mtbr member
    +1 ^^
    I too preordered the Goblin and do not need to see this. They're killin me.

Airborne Flight Crew

My Guardian...

...two ways:

XC trail cruising:

Basically stock, with a 0 rise stem and very low rise Azonic bars
    ..and my techy trail setup:

70mm Sunline stem, Spank 777 bars, and Kenda Nevegal 2.3s.
    Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard website

NeedGod.com
    Quote Originally Posted by jhazard View Post
    ...two ways:

XC trail cruising:

Basically stock, with a 0 rise stem and very low rise Azonic bars
    ..and my techy trail setup:

70mm Sunline stem, Spank 777 bars, and Kenda Nevegal 2.3s.
    How did you get the 2.3's to fit with the FD?

Did you upgrade the wheels? What are those?

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyflyer View Post
    here's mine.
    what i would not to get a bike like your love how you have two spokes on the front & rear white colored
    searching for color spokes my self got any idea what color i can put on the 2013 new goblin ?

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by john symos View Post
    what i would not to get a bike like your love how you have two spokes on the front & rear white colored
    searching for color spokes my self got any idea what color i can put on the 2013 new goblin ?
    Those wheels on my Goblin prototype are Black Flag Pro's. They come stock with the two white spokes per wheel. It's a cool look while the wheel is at speed.

I think the bikes look great with black spokes as is. White spokes might be interesting too.
    Airborne Dude.

Airborne Flight Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by Barheet View Post
    How did you get the 2.3's to fit with the FD?

Did you upgrade the wheels? What are those?
    My bad, I neglected to mention I upgraded to an X7 FD, so no clearance issue (Wheels are WTBs).

Even though I'm a true fat tire fan (always rock at least a 2.25, prefer 2.3 or even 2.4) - after a week on the Nevegals, I have to say the SB8's roll SO much faster, and offer such good traction that I'm not sure I see/notice a benefit to the Nevegals.

I'm putting the SB8's back on, and will save the Nevegals for fall when it gets a little wet/muddy/more dirty, or for when I eventually get a Hobgoblin
    Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard website

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    okay do you may be idea where i can look for the new spokes
    may i have the specs of the new goblin spokes or just let me say the entire wheelset INCLUDING THE SPOKES DIAMETER & length i went on the net & could not find out how long the spokes are that i need how many mm. Is there maybe something i need to know
    CAUSE I AM SEARCHING FOR GREEN SPOKES NOT TO DARK NOT TO BRIGHT OR WHITE.
    OR MAYBE WHITE OR GREEN NIPPLES

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by john symos View Post
    okay do you may be idea where i can look for the new spokes
    may i have the specs of the new goblin spokes or just let me say the entire wheelset INCLUDING THE SPOKES DIAMETER & length i went on the net & could not find out how long the spokes are that i need how many mm. Is there maybe something i need to know
    CAUSE I AM SEARCHING FOR GREEN SPOKES NOT TO DARK NOT TO BRIGHT OR WHITE.
    OR MAYBE WHITE OR GREEN NIPPLES
    Hey John,

There are a few guys that sell coloured spokes on eBay that have very good pricing. Check there first.

As far as spoke lengths go, here is what we calculated for the wheels. Please use these #'s as guidelines only.

Front, 3X lacing: 288mm and 286mm
    Rear, 3X lacing: 288mm and 286mm

Hope that helps~!
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    I have a Zeppelin Elite and a Taka. The Taka is stock except for Funn bar, stem, grips and pedals. All of my photo sites are blocked here at work, so I'll put up links to some pics for now.

Taka: www.sorba.org • View topic - My New Airborne Taka DH Rig

My Zeppelin Elite is the bike I kinda went nuts on. I just transferred part from what used to be my race bike (2005 Klein Attitude XX). Here's what its got:
    Frame, rear shock, headset, shifters and front and rear derailleur are all what came on it.
    Fox F100RLC Fork
    FSA XC-300 Wheelset
    Avid XO Brakes (185 F&R)
    Race Face Next Carbon Riser Bar
    Race Face Next LP Crank
    Race Face Turbine Seatpost
    WTB SST2K Seat
    Michelin Wild Race'r 2.00 Tires
    Race Face Stem
    Ergon Grips w/ Bar ends
    Crank Bros Egg Beater Pedals
    I believe that's it. Pic's of it (and my friends Zepp Elite) are here: AirborneGuy

Pics when I first got it: www.sorba.org • View topic - Another New Ride

And some pics from Sea Otter 2010 (should be some of these on my blog as well): www.sorba.org • View topic - My Sea Otter Trip with Airborne Bicycles

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Hey John,

There are a few guys that sell coloured spokes on eBay that have very good pricing. Check there first.

As far as spoke lengths go, here is what we calculated for the wheels. Please use these #'s as guidelines only.

Front, 3X lacing: 288mm and 286mm
    Rear, 3X lacing: 288mm and 286mm

Hope that helps~!
    okay thank you cause i am searching i see some are 281,236,266,290,186,258/259/261/263
    still confused do not know anything about spokes what do i need to type in to find them exatcly?
    i need the correct length of them

Airborne Product Dude
    You may need to contact those sellers directly to see if they can cut them for you to your needed lengths.

The lengths I gave you are for each side of each wheel due to dish. You'll need a total of 32 spokes of each of the sizes to build the two wheels.

Thanks!

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Is there a timeline for the release of hobgoblin or XO goblin specs/pricing?

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by Vettevert View Post
    Is there a timeline for the release of hobgoblin or XO goblin specs/pricing?
    Please see this specific thread regarding the HobGoblin and its status, thanks!

Airborne HobGoblin?
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by codyh12345 View Post
    Hmmm... well I have changed out the seat to a WTB Laser V and went Tubeless with a stans kit and a set of 2.25 schwalbe nobby nic snakeskins. Currently I have a set of wellgo b103 flat pedals on there but just picked up a set of shimano clipless pedals (m-530) so we will see how that goes. Everything else is holding up well. I do plan to get a setback Thomson and probably replace the stem and handlebars eventually but not right now. LOVE THIS BIKE!!!!

Ordered a Guardian and am eagerly awaiting its arrival (should be here tmw afternoon)!

One of the first changes I'd like to make is to use a stan's kit on the stock weinmann wheels and throw on some tubeless tires - how's the tubeless working on your goblin?

Anyone had success with going tubeless on guardian with stock wheels? I've read in a couple places that there not room for much more than a 2.1, would a pair of 2.25 nobby nics work?

Thanks!
    Last edited by j7hompson; 09-13-2012 at 03:17 PM.

I love being tubeless... run about 25 psi and its a nice cushy ride. I have the 2.25 nobby nics on my goblin and love em. They will work on your guardian also... same frame.

NeedGod.com
    Quote Originally Posted by codyh12345 View Post
    I love being tubeless... run about 25 psi and its a nice cushy ride. I have the 2.25 nobby nics on my goblin and love em. They will work on your guardian also... same frame.
    From what I've seen, 2.1 is about the widest tire you can use unless you do something with the FD on the Guardian. The Goblin has the X7 FD so it is not an issue.
    Nathan

mtbr member
    has anyone considered pulling the bolt that is the clearance issue and installing a rivet in its place?
    2012 Airborne Guardian.

Quote Originally Posted by Barheet View Post
    From what I've seen, 2.1 is about the widest tire you can use unless you do something with the FD on the Guardian. The Goblin has the X7 FD so it is not an issue.
    Well that sucks... didn't know the FD caused a clearance issue

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by j7hompson View Post
    Ordered a Guardian and am eagerly awaiting its arrival (should be here tmw afternoon)!

One of the first changes I'd like to make is to use a stan's kit on the stock weinmann wheels and throw on some tubeless tires - how's the tubeless working on your goblin?

Anyone had success with going tubeless on guardian with stock wheels? I've read in a couple places that there not room for much more than a 2.1, would a pair of 2.25 nobby nics work?

Thanks!
    I Put a Stans Kit on my Guardian. Make sure you get the All Mountain 29er kit.( the XC kit will be too narrow). The disc bull rims are really wide, so you'll need the width of the AM kit. Also I had problems taping up the spoke holes with the tape included in the kit. The holes are off set, so you can try two wraps of tape to cover the width, or buy a roll of the 25mm tape. I ended up having to buy the wider tape for my front wheel because it kept losing air through the spoke holes.

This is with the stock Kenda SB8's.
    Last edited by swildnm; 09-14-2012 at 11:35 AM.

NeedGod.com
    Does anyone know how much the Weinmann Disc Bull wheels weigh? I'm really curious how much faster the Guardian would accelerate with a lighter wheelset. I can't even find the Disc Bulls online.
    Nathan

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Heres a link to weimann's page on them. Not much useful there. Weinmann Metal Products Co., LTD

looks like 635g for the 29er's without hubs, spokes etc.

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast