mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Platform Pedals for Goblin

Hi guys,

Does anyone have a platform pedal they really like (and if it came in green that would be a total bonus)?

I transferred my Shimano PD-M424s from my old mountain bike to my Goblin and they seem like more trouble that they are worth now. These are the dual sided SPD clips with a resin cage/platform around them. Maybe I am riding slightly more technical terrian now, but during rocky and rooty sections and on some descents, I want to be able to easily unclip, and these are throwing my rhythm off by clipping and unclipping all the time. I still like these for flat or hilly non-technical terrain, but I am considering making the change to a straight platform. Any thoughts / recommendations?

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I love my Spank Spikes. Very thin, very light, very pricey but best pedals ever.

With proper shoes they stick like crazy glue.

Oh yes very sharp. You will be bloodied if they hit your shin !!

SPANK Bike's website/tools for superheroes

Available at Jenson USA

lmw
    mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    these are the pedals I have on my goblin and they match almost perfectly: 1664 BMX Distribution: 1664 BMX Shaved Beaver Traps - Sealed

i have pictures posted in the airborne picture thread as well. I like them and have no complaints, but im actually thinking of switching to clipless pedals for more control

mtbr member
    Clipless!!! LOL Like jay said I had a pair of those and they will bite you! So wear the right shoes!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I have the forte converts and like them for a budget platform. Pretty thin and have replaceable pins. They also grip well.

mtbr member
    I have the Sun Ringle ZuZu platforms. Not the lightest but pretty affordable (around $45) and super grippy. Downside is that they will chew up your shins if you're not careful.

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by trevor_b View Post
    I have the forte converts and like them for a budget platform. Pretty thin and have replaceable pins. They also grip well.
    I have a couple pair of these and really like them. (DH and Jump bikes)

But I only ride clipped in on my XC bikes.

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I'm also using the forte converts (got them on sale) and so far a big thumbs up. As stated above, they grip well but its all too easy to get a few scratches here and there.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    All good stuff to consider guys, thank you. I had looked at a few of the ones mentioned plus the Shimano Pd-Mx80s. I will pull the trigger on something in a few days. Incidentally, I put some Diamondback Bigfoot Pedals on my 14 year old son's bike (my old Schwinn Moab back when they made nice bikes). They are large (he wears a size 14 shoe like me), inexpensive, and heavy, and seem to work well and be pretty tough too.

Airborne Flight Crew
    I'm currently using a pair of Green HT components plastic bodied platforms with metal pins: The model is the PA12A (the PA12 does not have metal pins)

.:HT COMPONENTS:.

If you really want a metal-bodied pedal, these are similar to the Fortes, but also come in colors, like GREEN

Moove Components Torque Thru-pin flat pedals for MTB, DH, XC anodised red purple black green low price Moove Mtb
    Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard website