mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Part Number - Hobgoblin rear hub

So after riding today I noticed a weird hop in my back wheel. When I got home to check out what it was, I found that the internal axle had snapped(the part that the skewer goes though.) I went to 2 local shops and called a 3rd, they all mainly do mid-high end road and MTB stuff and heard the phrase "I've never seen anyone do that" from a handful of different employees, and also learned that it was a 'rare' part that no one really stocks and that they would have to do some research before they could order a replacement...

Any idea on what the part # would be so that I could give them a head start?

Of course, this happens on the weekend my wife and daughter are away visiting the inlaws and I have all the free time in the world.

mtbr member
    Not sure what part you are talking about? Was it the hub? And how old is the bike? Maybe Airborne can help you out! May check out sun ringle site! Take a pic if you can!

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    It's not the XO, the regular HG comes with Quantra hubs. Only a month old. I'm sure Airborne could help me out, only reason I posted here rather than emailing is in the off chance someone else has the same problem in the future they will be able to find the answer a little easier.

mtbr member
    So the hub is toast? Im confused

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    No, from what I understand, there is an axle that goes thru the hub that is packed with the bearings and stuff and the skewer goes thru that axle. The part number needed is for the internal axle.

mtbr member
    Whats the size of the skewer? 12MM?

mtbr member
    Airbone site says its a KT HiFlange Sealed Bearing 32H

mtbr member
    I think you should send Bigdaddy flyer a private message about this he may be able to tell you where to get it. However it maybe covered under warranty! I wish I could actually see it! Good luck

mtbr member
    You know what if you are desperate to ride buy a comparable hub and get out ther on that hobgoblin!!!

TXTony
    Harris Cyclery Bicycle Hub Axles

Check this site out. Should be a standard 9mm quick release. Not sure if the site has the part.

TXTony
    Quote Originally Posted by TXTony View Post
    Harris Cyclery Bicycle Hub Axles

Check this site out. Should be a standard 9mm quick release. Not sure if the site has the part.

Quando Rear Axle

These fit the HU119 Quando (AKA Quanta) sealed bearing freewheel hub.
    Overall length 136 mm
    Threading 10 x 1.0 mm

mtbr member
    Was it a Quando Hub? If so I think TXTonys link has it.

TXTony
    Quando aka Quanta

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    No, it's not that one, it's something completely diffrerent, the linked part is for a freewheel hub(like on a bmx bike) where as the hub on the HG is a cassette and much wider, and the interior axle is not threaded the same way.
    I found a local shop that knew what I was taking about and will be going their tomorrow to order the part, looks like i'll be riding the road bike tomorrow as the HG sits in the corner.

Aside from this problem, which is a second party anyway, I have nothing but good things to say about the bike. for the North East, the tires were kind of hurting, in dry conditions they were passable, but once it was slick out, there was no hope for em, so I switched them out.... Can't please everyone with a small detail like tires though. Was totally amazed with how quick it went together out of the box. Kinda wish the x7 was a triple ring so I could get a bashgaurd more easily, I've just been using the big ring as a bashgaurd over logs and rocks since there isn't any spots to ride in it in the trails up here.

Pretty stoked on it overall though. 10/10.

What?
    Wheels Manufacturing Axle > Components > Wheel Goods > Hub Small Parts | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop

its a 10mm x 1 QR axle. Measure the length of yours and order accordingly.
    If you're worried about it breaking again, you get a solid axle and buy nuts. You would need to get it longer and it would no longer be QR, but stronger and a little stiffer.

Im sure airborne will send you a new one for free though if you contact them.

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by mullen119 View Post
    Wheels Manufacturing Axle > Components > Wheel Goods > Hub Small Parts | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop

its a 10mm x 1 QR axle. Measure the length of yours and order accordingly.
    If you're worried about it breaking again, you get a solid axle and buy nuts. You would need to get it longer and it would no longer be QR, but stronger and a little stiffer.

Im sure airborne will send you a new one for free though if you contact them.
    We typically don't stock small parts for components from other manufacturers. The OP would need to contact us directly to discuss to see if warranty applies and if so how to proceed. Thanks.

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.