mtbr member
    Aug 2013

One more Seeker!

Hello everybody, just like it seems to be the case with other people, I've been coming to this forum for the last few weeks, trying to decide what bike to get. I was originally leaning towards the Guardian, but eventually decided on the Seeker. I actually got the bike last Friday, but didn't have the time to put it together until Sunday night and just like some others have mentioned, I was having some brake rub on both wheels. After doing some research (mostly in these forums), I think I finally got it right.
    I decided to join here to say thanks to everybody who in one way or another helped me through all this and also, to share a couple of pictures, this thing is a beauty!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails One more Seeker!-img_1866.jpg  

One more Seeker!-img_1870.jpg  

One more Seeker!-seekr.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Nice, congrats on the new ride. I, like you, was considering the Guardian but I pulled the trigger on the Goblin. It should be here Thursday. I just knew I would want to upgrade on the Guardian thus costingme more in the long run. Hopefully the Goblin will be all that I need and I will not feel the need to upgrade(yeah right, I have already ordered a few things and I don't even have the bike yet!) Enjoy your ride.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Thanks! And yes, I knew that for a few hundred more I could've gotten the Goblin, and then for a few more, the Hobgoblin, so I decided to stop at the Seeker and so far no regrets.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    If you're just getting into it, a lower end bike makes a lot of sense. As you ride more, you'll figure out what you like and don't like. Maybe, you'll decide to upgrade the entire bike.

I've put over 2000 miles on my 29er in a year and a half. I know that I'm committed to it. Now, I feel more justified to spend whatever I feel like spending, because I know that I will ride whatever bike I have.

Congratulations on the Seeker. Airborne hit a real home run with it. Ride it tons.

BTW - That looks like some nice terrain to ride in the background.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Nice bike. I noticed your top tube has an angle in it unlike the stock photos... What size did you get?

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmicgoop View Post
    Nice bike. I noticed your top tube has an angle in it unlike the stock photos... What size did you get?
    16. Yeah, I'm short...

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffharris1us View Post
    If you're just getting into it, a lower end bike makes a lot of sense. As you ride more, you'll figure out what you like and don't like. Maybe, you'll decide to upgrade the entire bike.

I've put over 2000 miles on my 29er in a year and a half. I know that I'm committed to it. Now, I feel more justified to spend whatever I feel like spending, because I know that I will ride whatever bike I have.

Congratulations on the Seeker. Airborne hit a real home run with it. Ride it tons.

BTW - That looks like some nice terrain to ride in the background.
    That's what I thought, but I wanted to start with something better than the Guardian so I could get a better feeling for the sport.
    Yup, nice terrain right in our backyards, I still haven't ventured into it though, no helmet yet, ha.

mtbr member

One more Seeker!

Thanks for posting pics! That's the first pic I've seen that really shows what the orange looks like.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by sickSeeker View Post
    16. Yeah, I'm short...
    how tall are you? Inseam?

The seeker looks fantastic

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by drivera View Post
    how tall are you? Inseam?

The seeker looks fantastic
    5'8". 29. Yup, it looks great, so good that I don't want to get it dirty

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I'm about the same size, and I kinda want one.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    So I finally went for a short "real" ride (I had only ridden it on paved roads) and noticed that the brake rub on the front wheel came back. Is that pretty normal and do you just keep adjusting it every time?
    Thanks in advance for any input.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails One more Seeker!-img_1889.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    First of all, don't worry about getting it dirty. Mountain bikes love to be dirty.

The brake rub thing is sometimes not an exact science. In my experience, you can get them perfectly dialed in and not have any troubles for a long time. Then all of a sudden they rub or sqwak or squeal.

I would say to just keep working them whenever they seem to rub or make too much noise. As the pads get a little more wear on them, you will likely hear less from them.

mtbr member
    Great looking bike to ride in the desert! I know mine loves the arid terrain - enjoy and get that bad boy dirty!
    Money doesn't buy happiness, but you can buy a bike, and that is pretty close.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Nice! I have the same setup. You might want to zip tie down the front brake cable to the fork right around the U. The bike should've came with one black zip tie.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by btedlos View Post
    Nice! I have the same setup. You might want to zip tie down the front brake cable to the fork right around the U. The bike should've came with one black zip tie.
    Yes, I know about the zip tie, I just didn't do it right away and kind of forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder! So, yours is a 16 as well?

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffharris1us View Post
    First of all, don't worry about getting it dirty. Mountain bikes love to be dirty.

The brake rub thing is sometimes not an exact science. In my experience, you can get them perfectly dialed in and not have any troubles for a long time. Then all of a sudden they rub or sqwak or squeal.

I would say to just keep working them whenever they seem to rub or make too much noise. As the pads get a little more wear on them, you will likely hear less from them.
    Good to know. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    So I went to like the Airborne Facebook page and what do I find? I made POD! What a nice surprise!!

mtbr member

Re: One more Seeker!

Omg so jealous of everyone who has these LOL. Wish I could win money on a scratch ticket so I could buy one now!!! Wife saw airbornes site with a seeker pulled up on my laptop and wasn't happy LOL. She knows! And I just bought my trek back in January.

I will own a seeker for next season though! We will be settled in with new baby, ill be through probation period at New job so i can afford it. Even if i have to sell my trek to recover some of the funds. This bike is just too freaking sexy to ignore!

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
    Trek Marlin 29er

Like It, Love It, Want Some More Of It!

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Haha, that's too funny. A few weeks before I ordered my Seeker, I went into one of my LBS and trek was having their summer sale. I came very close to getting a Marlin, but decided to wait and see what else was out there. Needless to say I'm so glad I did!

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    A few more pictures of a sunset ride...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails One more Seeker!-img_0029.jpg  

One more Seeker!-img_0034.jpg  

One more Seeker!-img_0037.jpg  

One more Seeker!-img_0049.jpg  

One more Seeker!-img_0032.jpg  

mtbr member
    I love the paint job of the seeker! I am going to buying the Goblin within a week. I just wish it had the seekers paint job

Nice ride man!

Airborne Product Dude
    POD!

-Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.