mtbr member
    Jan 2007

NSD!!! (New Seeker Day)

I haven't even received my shipping email yet (Thanksgiving weekend, I know) and I just got a message from home that a big box showed up - "Contains one bike."

And why didn't I wait until today to order?!? Free shipping from Airborne for Cyber Monday! Oh well...

More later -

mtbr member
    Believe me, once that box shows up, everything else just doesn't matter anymore!

Welcome - be sure to show us lots of pics of your Seeker in it's natural habitat!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    yeah, missing out on the free shipping deal was a bummer. I could have used the $75 savings for a new helmet.

enjoy your bike

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Awesome! FedEx says my Seeker is "on vehicle out for delivery". Hope I make it home from work before they try and drop it off (signature required)....

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Got mine pretty much put together. I needed to pulled a grip and front brake lever off to get the cable/hose routing correct, but that was probably because I wasn't paying attention when I was clearing off packing material. There's not enough clearance on my trainer for the 29er MTB tire, so I didn't get a chance to pedal it. I need to come up with a chainstay protector, shop for a bit wider saddle, do some tweaking and fitting, and we'll be good to go. I had some Shimano M530's to put on it.

It IS a great looking bike. I agree that the pictures don't do it justice; the matte gray and orange work really well together. I'm not much of a photographer, but I'll try to remember to get a picture or two when we finally get time/daylight/weather to get to the trails.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    well, I missed the FedEx guy...what normal person would be home at 2pm to sign off on a package?!?

Had it redirected to a fedex store for pickup hopefully today!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    CDM88, I hope you catch up with the big box today! It was pretty fun to unveil everything. I almost hate to get it dirty, but I will. The weather forecast is saying a high of 23F on Saturday, so my thought of a dirt road ride is at risk. I just don't have the clothes for that yet.

mtbr member
    When my bike was "out for delivery" I was nervous I would miss the truck, but they couldn't find my house and didn't show up with it until after 9pm! My wife said I was worse than a little kid at Christmas waiting there...

If anything I learned to have anything/everything delivered to the dealership, then I don't have to worry about missing my shipments.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CDM88 View Post
    well, I missed the FedEx guy...what normal person would be home at 2pm to sign off on a package?!?

Had it redirected to a fedex store for pickup hopefully today!
    I only work about a half mile from my house, and I work in IT, so I worked from home for the afternoon.

Congratulations on picking it up to day!
    Eric

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Picked it up today after work! Got it mostly tuned up...just need my pedals to get here. I did notice a couple small issues though...just above the der. Hanger on the frame, the paint is scratched/chipped. Also appears the rear mech or hanger is bent. I'll try to post pics tomorrow.

**Update: It seems I may have fixed the rear mech....as I tightened the rear QR i watched the angle of the jockey wheels straighten out...sound possible/normal??

quick note....does Rock Shox no longer put that sag chart/gauge printed on the upper fork tube? (not the sticker on the lower, but for the o-ring to land on)
    Last edited by CDM88; 12-04-2013 at 05:13 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Great news, CDM88. I can't answer your questions, though.

Put mine on the stand last night and wrapped the chainstay with electrical splicing tape. Stripped reflectors, and debated taking the spoke protector behind the cogs off, but decided to leave it on until I get derailleurs fine tuned.

I was reading in another thread and it got me to thinking. I'm not sure I have my cables routed the best way. Does anyone have a good picture that would show the best/proper routing off the controls?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CDM88 View Post

quick note....does Rock Shox no longer put that sag chart/gauge printed on the upper fork tube? (not the sticker on the lower, but for the o-ring to land on)
    My Reba has the sag chart on it

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Oh yeah, I also removed reflectors and wrapped chainstay with tape...

For whatever reason, my Recon doesn't have that gauge on it...I know I can just measure, but it seems like it would be helpful...

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Yeah, the Recons don't have the chart but I believe everything up in the line does. Congrats again! Make sure you post some ride reports.
    Eric

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    I feel like I'm hijacking this thread, hope the OP is cool with me posting a pic...
    NSD!!!  (New Seeker Day)-seeker-002.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NSD!!!  (New Seeker Day)-seeker-004.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Very cool. Post away!

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckHubbert View Post
    Got mine pretty much put together. I needed to pulled a grip and front brake lever off to get the cable/hose routing correct, but that was probably because I wasn't paying attention when I was clearing off packing material. .....
    Thanks for the tip. I was having the same problem, this worked perfectly. Other than that it went together quickly and easily.

Now to figure out why the brakes seems to be dragging a little bit. This is my first bike with disc brakes so I'm not sure if it's normal at first.

EDIT: Brake adjustment. Got it.