Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member

New Seeker! Pics :)

Just got my seeker built, 10 miles under the belt and it runs like a champ. There can't ever be enough pictures, so I thought I would post some for you guys.

Enjoy

New Seeker! Pics :)-seeker%2520money%2520shot.jpgNew Seeker! Pics :)-seeker%2520side%25201.jpgNew Seeker! Pics :)-seeker%2520front.jpgNew Seeker! Pics :)-seeker%2520bottom.jpgNew Seeker! Pics :)-seeker%2520side%25202.jpgNew Seeker! Pics :)-seeker%2520silo.jpg

mtbr member

New Seeker! Pics :)

I agree! Never too my pics of the Seeker! I wish people could see this bike in person. The orange really pops but he pics never seen to show that.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Looks familiar! What tires are you running?

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    What pedals, look like shimano 530?

mtbr member
    Purgatory 2.3 front, 2.1 ground control back. Killer combo for tn. Both roll fast as hell and grip like velcro. Might get some more pics today. I'll be hitting the trails this afternoon.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by skyphix View Post
    Looks familiar! What tires are you running?
    Purgatory 2.3 front, 2.1 ground control back. Killer combo for tn. Both roll fast as hell and grip like velcro. Might get some more pics today. I'll be hitting the trails this afternoon.

Pedals are 530's, nice look. Hopefully get a saddle on there this weekend and some grips.

Airborne Product Dude
    Photo Of the Day on our FaceBook page!

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocke View Post

Pedals are 530's, nice look. Hopefully get a saddle on there this weekend and some grips.
    Nice! I've been toying around with the idea of the Ardent 2.4/Ignitor 2.1 combo but I'll have to look at these. I run specialized tires on my road bike and do like them. I've got just about 100 miles on mine and the AKA's have been good enough for the summer but the fall gets a little greasy in the northeast.

I also run 530's on my Seeker. Do like them quite a bit, but I've been on mountain SPD's for a lot of years so its all I really know. I like the cage around them over the 520's that I run on my road bike. Gives a bit of a platform for technical stuff where I might be unclipped.

What saddle are you looking at?

mtbr member
    Nice! I've been toying around with the idea of the Ardent 2.4/Ignitor 2.1 combo but I'll have to look at these. I run specialized tires on my road bike and do like them. I've got just about 100 miles on mine and the AKA's have been good enough for the summer but the fall gets a little greasy in the northeast.

I also run 530's on my Seeker. Do like them quite a bit, but I've been on mountain SPD's for a lot of years so its all I really know. I like the cage around them over the 520's that I run on my road bike. Gives a bit of a platform for technical stuff where I might be unclipped.

What saddle are you looking at?
    Not sure man, I usually run safe with WTB volt or speed. But that's all I have really tried. Might mix some things up this time, any suggestions?

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Based on the dirt on the tires it looks like you've got your priorities straight.

Ride it first.

Then take pictures.

Congratulations on the Seeker! Another home run bike from the folks at Airborne.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffharris1us View Post
    Based on the dirt on the tires it looks like you've got your priorities straight.

Ride it first.

Then take pictures.

Congratulations on the Seeker! Another home run bike from the folks at Airborne.
    Hopefully, if time allows, I can put another 10 miles on her today and then get some more dirty shots of the bike.

Rides always come first!

mtbr member
    Looks awesome Rocke! Thanks for sharing such awesome pics!
    Money doesn't buy happiness, but you can buy a bike, and that is pretty close.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Not sure man, I usually run safe with WTB volt or speed. But that's all I have really tried. Might mix some things up this time, any suggestions?
    I think you're right on the WTB Speed V - cheap, effective, and comfortable.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    I put forte campus pedals on my sons seeker so he could try riding it with his new specialized mtn sport clip less spd shoes and I could still ride it with tennis shoes. He promptly put those on his road bike. Now I can either leave the campus on the road bike and get new pedals for the seeker, or otherwise put the campus back on the seeker, and get new spd pedals for the road bike. Such the dilemma. Seriously looking at shimano 530s. Nice to see others have them on their seekers.

mtbr member
    They are relatively light weight and just great overall. Gives enough surface like skyphix said for technical stuff and a good platform to push off of when needed. Clearance is never a problem. Great pedals, Imo.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    They are relatively light weight and just great overall. Gives enough surface like skyphix said for technical stuff and a good platform to push off of when needed. Clearance is never a problem. Great pedals, Imo.

Yep, and with them a little maintenance goes a long way. A tube of teflon grease and the shimano pedal tool (should be sub $10 together) will last a lifetime. Just replace the grease in the pedals as part of your yearly maintenance and they will last forever. I've got a lot of miles on my road bike (that I ride on trails as well) with 520's, which are the same pedal without the platform, and they are still going strong. Some people complain about ticking... that usually just means the grease is getting nasty and needs to be pushed out and regreased. Whole thing takes about 5 minutes per side. I let the 520's on my road bike go 3 years before I regreased them. They started ticking at the beginning of this season and I had them fixed in 10 minutes tops.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyFlyer View Post
    Photo Of the Day on our FaceBook page!

Jeremy
    Awesome!

Went back out on the trail today, after the ride I was ready to take some pics and the battery on the camera was dead, my spare was not charged either!

Sorry guys, hopefully get some more really nice shots of the bike soon.

What do you guys think about an orange Handlebars with Black grips? Thinking about it, not sure though. Could be sick.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Mine is setup with orange bars and the original grips so I'm biased...

but yes

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Great pictures guys. The seeker has such a nice color combo.

Skyphix, those bars look wiiiide, what size are they, and how do you like them?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    They are 725s and so far, I love them. Haven't gotten them out on any serious trails yet but on the local stuff and urban riding with them I love the control.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    I moved up from a much narrower flat bar, so the stock 640's feel roomy to me. It does seem like many people/other manufactures run wider bars, I might have to give them a try someday. Its hard to think about changing things when every singe ride gives me that bit sh!t eating grin.
    Sorry for the derail, carry on.
    Jason

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jwright1 View Post
    I moved up from a much narrower flat bar, so the stock 640's feel roomy to me. It does seem like many people/other manufactures run wider bars, I might have to give them a try someday. Its hard to think about changing things when every singe ride gives me that bit sh!t eating grin.
    Sorry for the derail, carry on.
    Jason
    I rode the stock bars for 100 miles before swapping them, and was never dissatisfied with them. I moved them to my 15 year old 26er backup/loaner bike to replace its 585 flat bars which were all I had ever ridden before my Seeker. Just thought I'd try something wider and a shorter stem, since Jeremy had initially suggested that anyway. I'm a pretty broad framed guy so wider bars road or mtn seem to be more comfy. Anyway, back to Rockes sweet new bike.

mtbr member
    I rode the stock bars for 100 miles before swapping them, and was never dissatisfied with them. I moved them to my 15 year old 26er backup/loaner bike to replace its 585 flat bars which were all I had ever ridden before my Seeker. Just thought I'd try something wider and a shorter stem, since Jeremy had initially suggested that anyway. I'm a pretty broad framed guy so wider bars road or mtn seem to be more comfy. Anyway, back to Rockes sweet new bike.
    haha its cool, its a community thread And, I like your handblebars man. How close is the color match to the actual orange on the bike?

Going to charleston SC this weekend, tempted to take my bike....but going for a wedding.

Any one know any decent trails there?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    The color is very close. As you can see, in direct sunlight the orange in the bike gets lighter and the anodized orange gets darker but it still goes quite well. In the shade they match almost perfectly.

mtbr member
    Nice, ordering the salsa seat post quick release today for sure heard good things. Plus, it looks amazing in your bike.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast