Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

New Goblin X0 Info?

9K views 51 replies 17 participants last post by  sungchang 
#1 ·
Would like to inquire info about the New Goblin X0 that will soon become available. Especially the pricing. I would imagine it will be well over $2500. Also curious as to the full specs of the bike, most importantly which wheelset will accomodate the X0 gruppo. I figure I make a separate thread about it. I know bigdaddyflyer will be away for a bit but this has taken my interest. I know there are more of ya who are interested! :)

#4 ·
Wow that's an impressive spec sheet. Real question is, how much will it cost? I mean being that Airborne deals with value driven bicycles. It would be a bit odd to have a very high priced bike among the line up although it would be very nice. Either way, i'm very very curious and eagerly anticipate its debut.

#13 ·
X0 Goblin Fork?

Hey Everyone, (Mainly BigDaddyFlyer)

I know this is my first post but I have been following Airborne and the Goblin for sometime now. I really Appreciate BigDaddy's support on this forum and answer to all the questions. It's really impressive and I find myself wanting an Airborne bike even more just based on that alone. I have been looking for a bike for quite some time now and after researching TONS of options I believe the Goblin X0 is exactly what I'm looking and waiting for. I'm almost willing to put money down without even seeing a picture just based on what I have seen Airborne do in the past and currently.

This being said, I read on another topic that there will be a Solo Air Reba Fork on the X0. I know you guys had issues with the second batch for the New Goblin and they ran out of the dual air, and I know that both forks are good products. The fact remains that overall the dual air fork is superior whether slight or not and I feel like because this bike is suppose to be higher level components the Solo Air gives me some hesitation.

There is no way of getting or waiting for the Dual Air to come back online and finish the X0 in a well rounded manner?

I can't wait for this bike to come out and see more pictures!! You Airborne guys love the teasers!! Spring can't come soon enough, I can't wait for my Maiden Voyage on what I'm sure will be an amazing bike. Thank you for your time.

StevyGP

#14 ·
I apologize in advance for the short reply, but I am on vacation this week with family so I must get to the point.

The dual air is gone on all Reba's; it is not coming back. It is a product change for RS for 2013, not a shortage or stock situation.

The solo air RLT that comes on the XO is an awesome fork and I would challenge you to even notice a difference while riding. There are plenty of solo air forks out there that are very good. Look ar Fox products for example.

Like I've stated elsewhere here I've been riding a solo air Reba RL for almost 6 months on a test bike and have been very happy with it.

Jeremy

#24 ·
Yep, its 2x10. :)

Believe me, in person the gold bits look fantastic on that bike and the other one in the photo. Pics don't do it justice.

We are building the webpages now and working on photos. We should be ready to take pre-orders very soon!

#32 ·
Average weight for an 18" is 24.5lbs, but that's without converting it to tubeless. So if someone converts to tubeless with the kit that comes with the bike, it should be a bit less than that.

JEremy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.