Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

New Goblin X0 Info?

9K views 51 replies 17 participants last post by  sungchang 
#1 ·
Would like to inquire info about the New Goblin X0 that will soon become available. Especially the pricing. I would imagine it will be well over $2500. Also curious as to the full specs of the bike, most importantly which wheelset will accomodate the X0 gruppo. I figure I make a separate thread about it. I know bigdaddyflyer will be away for a bit but this has taken my interest. I know there are more of ya who are interested! :)

#36 ·
Yeah, "well under" probably isn't so true now. "Under" is probably more appropriate.

At the time I made that statement we had a pricepoint of around $50 less than where we've landed in mind, but we made a few small upgrades to the spec that necessitated the slightly higher than intended price.

In the end its still a smoking great bike for the money and we are stoked on it. :)

Jeremy

#38 ·
Oh yeah, I understand you weren't. I just felt I owed an explanation to you guys. I like to keep folks in the loop. No worries~! :thumbsup:

I'd probably stop and pick up even a $20 by the way.

#41 ·
Sorry to resurrect this older thread but I'm prohibited from starting a new thread per the 5 post rule.

I ordered my Goblin XO last Saturday Feb. 15th. After reviewing several threads here I decided to change my order on Monday the 17th. I emailed customer support and received a quick response and changed my order from an 18" frame to a 16" frame. Thank you Eric.

The bike arrived at my office on Thursday the 20th and I assembled it on Friday afternoon. All I really had to do was turn the stem around , attach the handle bars, insert the seat post and seat, install the front wheel and screw on the pedals. Both discs were centered between the pads and the fd was adjusted properly. The rd needed just a bit of adjustment. I also spent a few minutes checking the rest of the fasteners. The torx screws on the front disc were the only ones that needed to be snugged down. I'd like to put a torq wrench on all the fasteners but I haven' compiled all the specs yet.

My son and grand children were visting from Boise this weekend so I haven't spent any time on the bike other than to make adjustments to the seat and controls. And the weather sucks.

The white paint has a matte or dull finish to it, no gloss whatsoever. The only problem I forsee is finding something similiar looking for touchup paint.

Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle wheel Rim Bicycles--Equipment and supplies
Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel rim
Bicycle frame Bicycle accessory Bicycle fork Bicycle part Bicycle handlebar
Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel

#49 ·
Sorry to resurrect this older thread but I'm prohibited from starting a new thread per the 5 post rule.

I ordered my Goblin XO last Saturday Feb. 15th. After reviewing several threads here I decided to change my order on Monday the 17th. I emailed customer support and received a quick response and changed my order from an 18" frame to a 16" frame. Thank you Eric.

The bike arrived at my office on Thursday the 20th and I assembled it on Friday afternoon. All I really had to do was turn the stem around , attach the handle bars, insert the seat post and seat, install the front wheel and screw on the pedals. Both discs were centered between the pads and the fd was adjusted properly. The rd needed just a bit of adjustment. I also spent a few minutes checking the rest of the fasteners. The torx screws on the front disc were the only ones that needed to be snugged down. I'd like to put a torq wrench on all the fasteners but I haven' compiled all the specs yet.

My son and grand children were visting from Boise this weekend so I haven't spent any time on the bike other than to make adjustments to the seat and controls. And the weather sucks.

The white paint has a matte or dull finish to it, no gloss whatsoever. The only problem I forsee is finding something similiar looking for touchup paint.

View attachment 773205 View attachment 773206 View attachment 773207 View attachment 773208
Can you let me know how tall are you? I seem to be in between size 16 and 18 at 5'8" with slightly less than 30" inseam.

Sent from my HP TouchPad using Tapatalk 2

#44 ·
Well, sort of. I found a small ding in the paint on the downtube after I tore the protective cover off so I asked my wife to get me some white fingernail polish for a quick touchup. When I went to touchup the ding I noticed another repair right next to the the one I was working on. I asssume that repair was done at the factory. Not really a big deal and I'm sure there will be more in the future.

I got my butt kicked by my grandchildren, twins age 11 and an 8 year old. They've lived with us for four years and I initially wanted to ride with them in town on some paved trails and then move up with them to some beginner dirt trails. I haven't been on a bike in 35 years and I thought hell how tough can it be? I thought I was going to go into cardiac arrest. "How come we're going so slow?" "Why are we stopped?" It gets better each ride but the weather has sucked so it's hard to get on the bike more than a couple of times a week. We switch to daylight saving time next week, I believe, so getting out after work should be easier.

As far as the bike is concerned make sure you follow the bedding procedure for the pads. I didn't as the kids wanted to go "right now." I bedded them in after a couple of rides and got rid of the annoying squeak. I really don't have a current basis for comparison but the bike shifts smoothly. I think I need to use the small chain wheel in the front more frequently. The kids seem to power up hills and when I try it I usually find myself draped over the handlebars gasping for breath. That, of course, usually results in another round of derisive comments from the peanut gallery. My adult friends who ride tell me it gets better. I sure hope so as even my wife has told my friends she rides behind me "to pick up the pieces." Thank god she's an RN trained in advanced cardiac life support.

I rode off road motorcyles for years so I'm familiar with frame geometry, front suspension, brakes etc. I may opt for a wider handle bar at some point but for right now I'm still trying to figure out seat and handle bar placement. Again, I have no reference point so it's trial and error. My initial take is that the bike seems high but lowering the seat doesn't really help and seems to make pedaling more difficult. It also seems twitchy but that may be more my inexperience than anything. Just like anything else I'm sure there is a learning curve here.

The XO is certainly an attractive piece of machinery. It exudes quality, from the welds to the paint , to the application of the graphics, to the components. I know you can spend much more for a bike and it's probably much more bike than I need but I'm extremely satisfied with my purchase.

#47 ·
Congrats on the new bike!

Does the bike come with instructions on how to bed in the brakes? Or did you use park tools website as a reference?

I pick up my goblin today and definitely need to remember to do this.
Actually, I got the bed in procedure from the Avid web site. It also suggests that you "advance the pads" and sets forth the procedure to do that.

Elixir 9 Hydraulic Disc Brake | SRAM

It's the first PDF sevice document.

#50 ·
Is that your measured inseam from crotch to floor? If so, then you would be on a 16 more than likely. You'll probably need a longer stem to completely dial it in after you get it.

One of the guys here at the office is almost your exact size and the 16" Goblin is a better fit for him.

Jeremy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.