mtbr member

New EVO arrived today!

Look what I found!
    New EVO arrived today!-bike1.jpg
    People ask me all the time "who beat you up"? I tell them "a tree". They just look at me funny....

mtbr member
    My 3 year old approves!
    New EVO arrived today!-bike2.jpg
    People ask me all the time "who beat you up"? I tell them "a tree". They just look at me funny....

mtbr member
    Need to tweak everything but the big stuff is done. Had to put some platforms on because my Shimano PD-M530's dont seem to fit the cranks??
    New EVO arrived today!-bike3.jpg

mtbr member
    No way I would have fit a 20", this 18" is BIG! May even be too big. The bike is gorgeous. As someone else said "pictures dont do this bike justice". Its stunning really.

Came without a scratch on it. Everything looks in perfect shape.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Wait, I thought you said they were out or there was an issue with shipping or something. 4 days isn't shabby for shipping time. Anywho, glad it made it to ya. Now go ride the shit out of it! Haha
    Do Fun Stuff

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ta87 View Post
    Wait, I thought you said they were out or there was an issue with shipping or something. 4 days isn't shabby for shipping time. Anywho, glad it made it to ya. Now go ride the shit out of it! Haha
    They are. Apparently I got one of the last ones.

Its gonna get ridden...hard!

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    M530 should be 9/16 spindle. Check and make sure you are putting the left on left, etc. If the pedal us 1/2 inch it will will be too small for the crank threads.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RSDSav View Post
    M530 should be 9/16 spindle. Check and make sure you are putting the left on left, etc. If the pedal us 1/2 inch it will will be too small for the crank threads.
    Got it worked out. The pedals are mislabeled. Should have just tried that in the first place.

mtbr member
    First ride:

Just took it out into the neighborhood. I will give a better break down when I get it on a trail.

First impressions: From out of the cockpit the bike looks big. It looks like a monster. I think its the thick downtube paired with the huge 2.4 Maxxis tires. However, once you get into the cockpit the bike welcomes you in and you feel completely at ease.

The brakes and SRAM drive train worked right out of the box. I really like the big brake levers on these Hayes breaks. The shifters are a bit stiff but that will work out with some use.

The Revelation is plush and locks out to an almost full Rigid, which is gonna be nice come hill time.

All in all so far im extremely impressed. Will be interesting to see how she works in the single track.

The bike is heavy. Probably 5 to 7 pounds heavier than my Stumpjumper 29er. Come race time ill be switching to Small Block 8's in a tubeless setup. That should help a bit. Next year im thinking a lighter stem/handlebars/pedals. All of that being said this frame is a tank and its only going to get so light.

The saddle will be my first replacement. But thats alright I wanted a white one to go with my white handle bars that are on the way

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Glad that worked out for you!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    Glad that worked out for you!
    Thanks! The bike so far is everything as advertised and really more. Cant wait till the trails open out here.

Did tubeless today!