Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

New Airborne Goblin

90K views 617 replies 107 participants last post by  curley1441 
#1 ·
Hi folks, I'm a NOOB to say the least. Its been over 20yrs since I was biking on a regular basis and am very excited about getting back into it. I did some research and decided to purchase the new Airborne Goblin. They are due to ship in a few weeks so needles to say the wait is going to kill me. I am going to have lots of questions to ask and I have spent a lot of time on the forum. I live outside of Ottawa, Canada and plan on doing a lot of trail riding.

Steve

#250 ·
Jeremy, did you get my reply email a couple days ago? You sent me a pic of your custom goblin with the seat height showing me how mine would be an inch lower etc? When I sent it it looked like it didn't go through but it shows it in my sent folder so I was just wondering. Not a big deal if you didn't reply (I already ordered the 20)

#258 ·
Hmm..(lightbulb)

For Sale:
New Airborne Black Goblin 18" (this one came with the 2012 Reba Dual air fork, these are no longer being made folks.)
This bike is still not even broken in yet. Less than 20 miles on it. Showroom condition, still smells new.
Only $1599. Sure you could buy it cheaper from the factory, but you would have to wait.. who knows how long. This bike is the real deal, don't stand in line and suffer the agony of waiting...get this one today. Hurry, with the demand for these bikes skyrocketing, don't miss out this one wont last!....;)

Hello Airborne, I would like to order a new HobGobln XO. I have $1600 to put down and I would like to use paypal for the rest....:D

#260 ·
Nope, no changes. They are being made over the course of the next couple of days and then they will be on the water.

Thankfully this time of year there aren't too many typhoons in the Pacific so that shouldn't delay things. The only wildcards in the mix are dock workers and customers workers. Provided those two groups do their jobs in a timely manner we will have the bikes *slightly* earlier than expected...

Jeremy

#262 ·
I've been thinking about getting a new bike for the spring and passing my Felt Nine 80 on to my wife. I an VERY tempted to pull the trigger on a Goblin today. Is there an updated time frame on when the 18" frames might start shipping?

Sorry, didn't see the reply two posts up.

#263 ·
Hey jd,

No worries. Yep that's our best-guess and should be pretty spot on barring any sort of delay by union dockworkers or customs folks.

Let me know if you need any additional info from us, thanks!

Jeremy

#265 ·
Thanks, just saw it come thru!

Is that the size you are riding now on the Felt Nine80? If so the ETT on the 18" Felt is within 2mm of the 18" Goblin ETT so you should be good.

If you are in doubt, shoot us an email with your measurements and we can verify them for you.

Thanks again!

Jeremy

#266 ·
Thanks, just saw it come thru!

Is that the size you are riding now on the Felt Nine80? If so the ETT on the 18" Felt is within 2mm of the 18" Goblin ETT so you should be good.

If you are in doubt, shoot us an email with your measurements and we can verify them for you.

Thanks again!

Jeremy
My Felt is a 16" I went back and forth between it and the 18" and ended up getting the 16" due to more stand over clearance since it was my first bike. After spending some time on trails, I sometimes thought it was a little cramped. I'm about 5'-10"

#267 ·
At 5'10", provided that you have average proportions the 16" is definitely too small for you. I would put you squarely on an 18" unless you have something going on like an unusually short inseam for your height or some other restrictive issue.

I just shot you an email. Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions, I'd be happy to talk.

Jeremy

#269 ·
This first order that has the 16's and 18's on it also has 20's so if you want one you can order one and it will be here with them in early April.

Once that batch runs out, the next run will come in mid-summer. We don't have a date for that batch yet as we are working on the fulfillment order right now.

Hope that makes sense!

Jeremy

#270 ·
According to the FedEx tracking site, I missed the delivery :(. I thought that if the package required a signature they would deliver after close of business (for a home delivery), I guess not. I guess if it doesn't make sense logistically it doesn't matter either way. I might just have them hold the bike at a FedEx store if possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.