Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 614
  1. #201
    Airborne Product Dude
    Reputation: BigDaddyFlyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,713
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeinMinn View Post
    Yeah, I had heard that about them. Getting a titanium spindle makes them even more delicate. But they are pretty cheap to replace compared to some of the other options out there. Plus, if I'm doing some DH, I'll just bolt on some of my other pedals. I really just wanted a fairly light pedal for XC that was pinned and came in the right color. This seems to fit the bill. We'll see...

    What pedals do you run now BDF?
    Most of the time I am clipped in and use XT or XTR pedals, but for flats believe it or not I've really grown to like these "Forte" brand flats from Performance.

    Forté Convert Platform Pedals - Mountain Bike Pedals

    They're thin, grip great, and are almost indestructable. I have 3 sets of them, one of them is on my DJ bike and they've held up great.

    Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

  2. #202
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyFlyer View Post
    Most of the time I am clipped in and use XT or XTR pedals, but for flats believe it or not I've really grown to like these "Forte" brand flats from Performance.

    Forté Convert Platform Pedals - Mountain Bike Pedals

    They're thin, grip great, and are almost indestructable. I have 3 sets of them, one of them is on my DJ bike and they've held up great.

    Jeremy
    I have a set of Fortes now. They're good quality pedals. I've always ridden clipped in but I'm trying to relearn pedaling with flats for now. Feels like a strange new world

  3. #203
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    64
    I ran a white set of the Wellgo's for some time on my green Goblin. They looked cool. Held up to a few hard strikes, and now my buddy is running them. For the 40 or so bux I paid I am /was very happy with them. I was mostly just XC with them.

  4. #204
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KrazyKreitzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    414
    I have them in white on my green Goblin. I like them though I do have a couple scars on my shins from them.

  5. #205
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKreitzer View Post
    I have them in white on my green Goblin. I like them though I do have a couple scars on my shins from them.
    Gotta ride with chainsaw chaps on

  6. #206
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    58
    Not to take this too far OT but can anyone recommend shoes for these pedals. I ride clipless but I'm considering giving them a try. Thanks.

  7. #207
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    54
    Five Ten Freeriders are great shoes. I pedal my Wellgo MG-1s with them, though, I used to use a pair of Wellgo B-103s which I felt worked better with the Freeriders' tread than the MG-1s.

  8. #208
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    58
    Thanks. Now I have to find a place locally that sells them before I try to order online.

  9. #209
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Sleevem1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    236
    Keep any eye on Chainlove.com. Different five tens pop up every day or two for 60.00. Can't go wrong at those prices.

  10. #210
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KrazyKreitzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    414
    Quote Originally Posted by perturbo View Post
    Five Ten Freeriders are great shoes. I pedal my Wellgo MG-1s with them, though, I used to use a pair of Wellgo B-103s which I felt worked better with the Freeriders' tread than the MG-1s.
    This is my setup also.

  11. #211
    Airborne Product Dude
    Reputation: BigDaddyFlyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,713
    For DH riding I have a set of Five Ten Minaar's. Grippy and really nice. Can't go wrong with Five Tens.
    Airborne Dude.

  12. #212
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    431

    Re: New Airborne Goblin

    Finally ordered the goblin last night! Can't wait to get it.

    I have a question regarding platform pedals. I've narrowed it down to the forte converts and the wellgo mg-1s. Which one would y'all go with and why?

    I'm leaning towards the converts even though they are a little more expensive, and the only reason I wanted the mg-1s was to get the green ones to match the green bits on the goblin (not even sure the green matches).

  13. #213
    Airborne Flight Crew
    Reputation: jhazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,978
    I'm a fan of the Forte's - more svelte, a couple more pins and think the body is more durable. It's been a while since I've been on MG-1's, but the Forte's seem to feel like they have more area for your foot...
    Airborne Flight Crew

    Jerry Hazard – website

  14. #214
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    29
    It's killing me waiting for the Goblin to come back in stock in an 18".

  15. #215
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by trevor_b View Post
    Finally ordered the goblin last night! Can't wait to get it.

    I have a question regarding platform pedals. I've narrowed it down to the forte converts and the wellgo mg-1s. Which one would y'all go with and why?

    I'm leaning towards the converts even though they are a little more expensive, and the only reason I wanted the mg-1s was to get the green ones to match the green bits on the goblin (not even sure the green matches).
    The green is a VERY close match. I went with the mg-1s in green obviously. They are a nice light pedal (for a pinned platform) and breakage due to pedal strikes is unlikely where I bike. Time will tell...

  16. #216
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    431

    Re: New Airborne Goblin

    That's another reason I'm leaning toward the converts. I ride a lot of rocky terrain and pedal strike is very common and at times unavoidable. I've heard the mg-1s don't hold up as well.

  17. #217
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    431

    Re: New Airborne Goblin

    Do you have a pic of your bike with the green pedals mikeinminn?

  18. #218
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jacklikesbeans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbopit View Post
    It's killing me waiting for the Goblin to come back in stock in an 18".
    Same here for the 16". Would love a date on when we will be able to place an order

  19. #219
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    29
    I was seriously considering buying an 18 Goblin frame and getting what ever size Goblin is in stock and swapping the parts. I like the color on the frame only.

  20. #220
    Airborne Product Dude
    Reputation: BigDaddyFlyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,713
    Quote Originally Posted by jacklikesbeans View Post
    Same here for the 16". Would love a date on when we will be able to place an order
    We're really sorry about running out of 16's and 18's. The good thing is we've far exceeded our sales forecast for the winter months; the bad thing is we are out of bikes in the smaller sizes of the Goblin and Guardian models!

    I'm hoping that in the next few days I will be able to give an approximate date for when the bikes will arrive.

    For those of you who are waiting on the 16's and 18's, would you like for us to turn the ordering feature on for those sizes then, so that you can order yours and be guaranteed that it will ship to you as soon as it hits our warehouse?

    Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

  21. #221
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jacklikesbeans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyFlyer View Post
    We're really sorry about running out of 16's and 18's. The good thing is we've far exceeded our sales forecast for the winter months; the bad thing is we are out of bikes in the smaller sizes of the Goblin and Guardian models!

    I'm hoping that in the next few days I will be able to give an approximate date for when the bikes will arrive.

    For those of you who are waiting on the 16's and 18's, would you like for us to turn the ordering feature on for those sizes then, so that you can order yours and be guaranteed that it will ship to you as soon as it hits our warehouse?

    Jeremy
    I would love that and order today!

  22. #222
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by trevor_b View Post
    Do you have a pic of your bike with the green pedals mikeinminn?
    IMG_5449 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

    Sorry about the delay. I have just changed over to Linux and have had trouble figuring out a decent way to resize photos. So here's a link to one of mine on Flickr.

  23. #223
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    431

    Re: New Airborne Goblin

    Thanks for the pic, that is a close match. They look good on there.

  24. #224
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by trevor_b View Post
    Thanks for the pic, that is a close match. They look good on there.
    I picked that photo because I think it is the best at showing the difference in color. The match isn't absolutely perfect but close enough so that in most light they look all but identical.

    But that's just aethetics. Sucks if pretty green chunks of magnesium are strewn along the trail.

    But hey...at least these are all cheap options.

    Good luck.

  25. #225
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyFlyer View Post

    For those of you who are waiting on the 16's and 18's, would you like for us to turn the ordering feature on for those sizes then, so that you can order yours and be guaranteed that it will ship to you as soon as it hits our warehouse?

    Jeremy
    I would likely pre-order one tomorrow.

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •