Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast
    Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeinMinn View Post
    Yeah, I had heard that about them. Getting a titanium spindle makes them even more delicate. But they are pretty cheap to replace compared to some of the other options out there. Plus, if I'm doing some DH, I'll just bolt on some of my other pedals. I really just wanted a fairly light pedal for XC that was pinned and came in the right color. This seems to fit the bill. We'll see...

What pedals do you run now BDF?
    Most of the time I am clipped in and use XT or XTR pedals, but for flats believe it or not I've really grown to like these "Forte" brand flats from Performance.

Forté Convert Platform Pedals - Mountain Bike Pedals

They're thin, grip great, and are almost indestructable. I have 3 sets of them, one of them is on my DJ bike and they've held up great.

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyFlyer View Post
    Most of the time I am clipped in and use XT or XTR pedals, but for flats believe it or not I've really grown to like these "Forte" brand flats from Performance.

Forté Convert Platform Pedals - Mountain Bike Pedals

They're thin, grip great, and are almost indestructable. I have 3 sets of them, one of them is on my DJ bike and they've held up great.

Jeremy
    I have a set of Fortes now. They're good quality pedals. I've always ridden clipped in but I'm trying to relearn pedaling with flats for now. Feels like a strange new world

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I ran a white set of the Wellgo's for some time on my green Goblin. They looked cool. Held up to a few hard strikes, and now my buddy is running them. For the 40 or so bux I paid I am /was very happy with them. I was mostly just XC with them.

mtbr member
    I have them in white on my green Goblin. I like them though I do have a couple scars on my shins from them.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKreitzer View Post
    I have them in white on my green Goblin. I like them though I do have a couple scars on my shins from them.
    Gotta ride with chainsaw chaps on

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Not to take this too far OT but can anyone recommend shoes for these pedals. I ride clipless but I'm considering giving them a try. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Five Ten Freeriders are great shoes. I pedal my Wellgo MG-1s with them, though, I used to use a pair of Wellgo B-103s which I felt worked better with the Freeriders' tread than the MG-1s.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Thanks. Now I have to find a place locally that sells them before I try to order online.

mtbr member
    Keep any eye on Chainlove.com. Different five tens pop up every day or two for 60.00. Can't go wrong at those prices.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by perturbo View Post
    Five Ten Freeriders are great shoes. I pedal my Wellgo MG-1s with them, though, I used to use a pair of Wellgo B-103s which I felt worked better with the Freeriders' tread than the MG-1s.
    This is my setup also.

Airborne Product Dude
    For DH riding I have a set of Five Ten Minaar's. Grippy and really nice. Can't go wrong with Five Tens.
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Re: New Airborne Goblin

Finally ordered the goblin last night! Can't wait to get it.

I have a question regarding platform pedals. I've narrowed it down to the forte converts and the wellgo mg-1s. Which one would y'all go with and why?

I'm leaning towards the converts even though they are a little more expensive, and the only reason I wanted the mg-1s was to get the green ones to match the green bits on the goblin (not even sure the green matches).

Airborne Flight Crew
    I'm a fan of the Forte's - more svelte, a couple more pins and think the body is more durable. It's been a while since I've been on MG-1's, but the Forte's seem to feel like they have more area for your foot...
    Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard – website

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    It's killing me waiting for the Goblin to come back in stock in an 18".

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by trevor_b View Post
    Finally ordered the goblin last night! Can't wait to get it.

I have a question regarding platform pedals. I've narrowed it down to the forte converts and the wellgo mg-1s. Which one would y'all go with and why?

I'm leaning towards the converts even though they are a little more expensive, and the only reason I wanted the mg-1s was to get the green ones to match the green bits on the goblin (not even sure the green matches).
    The green is a VERY close match. I went with the mg-1s in green obviously. They are a nice light pedal (for a pinned platform) and breakage due to pedal strikes is unlikely where I bike. Time will tell...

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

That's another reason I'm leaning toward the converts. I ride a lot of rocky terrain and pedal strike is very common and at times unavoidable. I've heard the mg-1s don't hold up as well.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Do you have a pic of your bike with the green pedals mikeinminn?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbopit View Post
    It's killing me waiting for the Goblin to come back in stock in an 18".
    Same here for the 16". Would love a date on when we will be able to place an order

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I was seriously considering buying an 18 Goblin frame and getting what ever size Goblin is in stock and swapping the parts. I like the color on the frame only.

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by jacklikesbeans View Post
    Same here for the 16". Would love a date on when we will be able to place an order
    We're really sorry about running out of 16's and 18's. The good thing is we've far exceeded our sales forecast for the winter months; the bad thing is we are out of bikes in the smaller sizes of the Goblin and Guardian models!

I'm hoping that in the next few days I will be able to give an approximate date for when the bikes will arrive.

For those of you who are waiting on the 16's and 18's, would you like for us to turn the ordering feature on for those sizes then, so that you can order yours and be guaranteed that it will ship to you as soon as it hits our warehouse?

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    We're really sorry about running out of 16's and 18's. The good thing is we've far exceeded our sales forecast for the winter months; the bad thing is we are out of bikes in the smaller sizes of the Goblin and Guardian models!

I'm hoping that in the next few days I will be able to give an approximate date for when the bikes will arrive.

For those of you who are waiting on the 16's and 18's, would you like for us to turn the ordering feature on for those sizes then, so that you can order yours and be guaranteed that it will ship to you as soon as it hits our warehouse?

Jeremy
    I would love that and order today!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Do you have a pic of your bike with the green pedals mikeinminn?
    IMG_5449 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Sorry about the delay. I have just changed over to Linux and have had trouble figuring out a decent way to resize photos. So here's a link to one of mine on Flickr.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Thanks for the pic, that is a close match. They look good on there.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Thanks for the pic, that is a close match. They look good on there.
    I picked that photo because I think it is the best at showing the difference in color. The match isn't absolutely perfect but close enough so that in most light they look all but identical.

But that's just aethetics. Sucks if pretty green chunks of magnesium are strewn along the trail.

But hey...at least these are all cheap options.

Good luck.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Jeremy
    I would likely pre-order one tomorrow.

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast