Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

New Airborne Goblin

90K views 617 replies 107 participants last post by  curley1441 
#1 ·
Hi folks, I'm a NOOB to say the least. Its been over 20yrs since I was biking on a regular basis and am very excited about getting back into it. I did some research and decided to purchase the new Airborne Goblin. They are due to ship in a few weeks so needles to say the wait is going to kill me. I am going to have lots of questions to ask and I have spent a lot of time on the forum. I live outside of Ottawa, Canada and plan on doing a lot of trail riding.

Steve

#212 ·
Finally ordered the goblin last night! Can't wait to get it.

I have a question regarding platform pedals. I've narrowed it down to the forte converts and the wellgo mg-1s. Which one would y'all go with and why?

I'm leaning towards the converts even though they are a little more expensive, and the only reason I wanted the mg-1s was to get the green ones to match the green bits on the goblin (not even sure the green matches).

#215 ·
Finally ordered the goblin last night! Can't wait to get it.

I have a question regarding platform pedals. I've narrowed it down to the forte converts and the wellgo mg-1s. Which one would y'all go with and why?

I'm leaning towards the converts even though they are a little more expensive, and the only reason I wanted the mg-1s was to get the green ones to match the green bits on the goblin (not even sure the green matches).
The green is a VERY close match. I went with the mg-1s in green obviously. They are a nice light pedal (for a pinned platform) and breakage due to pedal strikes is unlikely where I bike. Time will tell...

#224 ·
I picked that photo because I think it is the best at showing the difference in color. The match isn't absolutely perfect but close enough so that in most light they look all but identical.

But that's just aethetics. Sucks if pretty green chunks of magnesium are strewn along the trail.

But hey...at least these are all cheap options.

Good luck.

#230 ·
OK guys, about 6 folks have asked me today so I'm going to turn on the 16 and 18 inch Goblins for pre-order. They should be able to be ordered in the next hour or so. This is probably a good idea as I am fearful that these might sell out fast again even though we are making double the amount we made before, and I don't want to see you guys that have been waiting miss out.

A couple of things:

We can't control all of the factors involved here like mother nature (affects how long it takes the ship to get to port), dock workers (pray for no strike), and customs (sometimes is quick and sometimes is slow). Our best-guess is the first week of April for arrival, and shipping shortly after that to customers. I'm pinning that as worst-case; hopefully they will be in sooner.

Please be understanding with us if you place an order for one to get in line and it takes a few days longer than expected. We are going to do everything we can to get you your bike as quick as possible! :)

It is a good feeling to be at the point where sales are so good we are blowing thru stock quicker than expected: we never thought we would be at this point 2 years ago.

Thanks so much to all!

Jeremy

#232 ·
Sweet! We've got the order system turned on for those sizes now.

FYI I just checked: we are almost out of 20's now too. I think we have two left and then they are also gone until that shipment arrives..........whew!

Thanks so much to all who have ordered Goblins from us.

Jeremy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.