Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I'm planning on getting the new goblin in a few months. I don't have and questions now (pertaining to the bike) but ill be sure to check back from time to time.

Any idea what pump you will buy for the front shock?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Looking at this one on pricepoint.com :
    Sette Air 2 ST-35 Universal Shock Pump at Price Point

Unless anyone has any suggestions....it's cheap & functional.
    "What do you ride?"
    I ride a Goblin....it's ok though, I'm a wizard!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Brnd72 View Post
    Looking at this one on pricepoint.com :
    Sette Air 2 ST-35 Universal Shock Pump at Price Point

Unless anyone has any suggestions....it's cheap & functional.
    That looks really good. I have the Rockshox version but it lacks the "disengagement without leakage" feature which is really nice. It doesn't take much leakage to change the pressure significantly.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    been using the sette pump for 3 years with no issues being able to take pump off without effecting the pressure is a big + in my book

TXTony

Goblin

Took em out for a cold ride today

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    TEXting what do you think of the black flags and how much of an improvement over the stock wheelset do you think they are. your the 4th airborne I have seen change out to black flags. so far I have found the stock wheelset to be far better than I had expected not in the same ballpark as the I9s I had on my 26r but dang good for stock. I hope to relace the I9s later this year if I can find the cash some green spoke bling would really pop.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailMasonJones View Post
    TEXting what do you think of the black flags and how much of an improvement over the stock wheelset do you think they are. your the 4th airborne I have seen change out to black flags. so far I have found the stock wheelset to be far better than I had expected not in the same ballpark as the I9s I had on my 26r but dang good for stock. I hope to relace the I9s later this year if I can find the cash some green spoke bling would really pop.
    TMJ, I have the same Black Flag Comps as well as a set of Stan's Arch EX's and it's a noticable improvement over the stock wheels. I've also taken the wheels from the new Goblin ghetto tubeless (Gorilla tape & Stan's valves) and that also makes a big difference.

FWIW, I picked up the Black Flags on sale at Performance for <$300 and gave $550 for the Arch EX's. For the $250 difference, I'd take the Flags any day.
    There's only one bigger sheep than manufacturer's - consumers! - AndrewTO

TXTony
    Same as TreeKiller I got mine on sale so I pulled the trigger on them...and there is a noticeable improvement over the stock wheels...I also have a pair of I9s laced to Arch rims (26) and where going to rebuild a set of (29) wheels with those hubs and may still do it later on..but for value to performance the Black Flags are a great value...I also have a set of Ringle Charger Pro's I am running on a all mountain rig with a 20mm Maxle..I really like the Ringle wheels...they come with everything to in the box to set up tubeless and run different axle options..

I will say the stock wheels on the Goblin are better than I thought they where going to be for a stock wheel...and so far overhaul the entire Goblin seems like a heck of a bike and a buyer definitely gets the value for the price of the bike

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Thanks for the info TXTony and TreeKiller. I had just seen so many with he black flags that i had to ask. You both seemed to get them at a pretty good value if i find them at that i might pull the trigger myself. Otherwise next time I have the money the I9's will get built into big boy wheels and I know they are light and bombproof.

Have a good New years

TXTony
    Thanks for the info TXTony and TreeKiller. I had just seen so many with he black flags that i had to ask. You both seemed to get them at a pretty good value if i find them at that i might pull the trigger myself. Otherwise next time I have the money the I9's will get built into big boy wheels and I know they are light and bombproof.

Have a good New years
    No doubt the I9s/Arch set up will be a superior wheel...those are the best wheels I have ever had...the Goblin being my fist 29er I have tried to keep everything around a certain budget until I decide if it will be a main ride or something I use here and there..I am still one of those dudes who has not given up on the 26er...but every time I take the Goblin out for a ride I keep finding myself really enjoying this bike..

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by TXTony View Post
    Took em out for a cold ride today
    That looks great! Nice shots. Do you mind if we "borrow" one for our main Facebook page photo one day?

I'm definitely north of 200lbs and I've been riding the Black Flag Pro's for awhile and really like them. Crossmax 29's used to be my favorite 29 XC wheelset but the BFP's really are just as good. Super stiff and light, pretty bombproof unless you do something really stupid (don't ask!) in which case no wheel will hold up. Plus as an added benefit the freehub has great engagement and sounds nice and "chainsawy" in the woods.

Happy New Year!

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

TXTony
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyFlyer View Post
    That looks great! Nice shots. Do you mind if we "borrow" one for our main Facebook page photo one day?

I'm definitely north of 200lbs and I've been riding the Black Flag Pro's for awhile and really like them. Crossmax 29's used to be my favorite 29 XC wheelset but the BFP's really are just as good. Super stiff and light, pretty bombproof unless you do something really stupid (don't ask!) in which case no wheel will hold up. Plus as an added benefit the freehub has great engagement and sounds nice and "chainsawy" in the woods.

Happy New Year!

Jeremy

Yep use the pictures however you want...thanks!

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Tony, next time we're out, we should get a pic with both of them in it. I'm sure that'd be a cool pic for Airborne.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Went for a solo ride today, once again nothing but good things to say about the new Goblin. It definately loves "Goblin" up some singletrack!
    BTW...the trail pictured below had the Purdiest Mouth ya ever saw!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Airborne Goblin-goblin-deliverance.jpg  

"What do you ride?"
    I ride a Goblin....it's ok though, I'm a wizard!

TXTony
    Quote Originally Posted by FullsizeMike View Post
    Tony, next time we're out, we should get a pic with both of them in it. I'm sure that'd be a cool pic for Airborne.
    Yep..I took the photo opportunity while you where grinding the hill and I was pacing myself !!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    We had our annual New Years day ride here in KC today a beautiful 18*f and around 50 of the nicest people you could want to meet came out to play in the snow. The goblin was a blast and got quite a few head turns and inspections by other rides. I'm sold on 29r's now and even more I'm sold on the Goblin. Only complaint is the front tire would start to drift in tight corners over 16mph but then again we were on snow. Now at the same time the back tire was amazing climbing the hills in the snow.

Airborne Product Dude
    We had our annual New Years day ride here in KC today a beautiful 18*f and around 50 of the nicest people you could want to meet came out to play in the snow. The goblin was a blast and got quite a few head turns and inspections by other rides. I'm sold on 29r's now and even more I'm sold on the Goblin. Only complaint is the front tire would start to drift in tight corners over 16mph but then again we were on snow. Now at the same time the back tire was amazing climbing the hills in the snow.

That's an awesome pic! Can we steal....err......borrow that one for our Facebook page sometime?

That front tire drifting is totally normal when riding in snow. I even have that on my fatbike with 4" wide snow tires on it. If you ride in snow enough you start to learn the limits of grip and how to use body english when going around corners. I love riding in the snow this time of year because it hones my handling and balance skills.

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

Airborne Product Dude
    We posted this earlier on Facebook but I wanted to let you guys here know.

If you are thinking about a 16" Goblin, we are out until early March. We are also starting to run low on 18's so those will probably run out next.

Our Goblin sales have greatly exceeded our expectations and we didn't forecast selling this many bikes so quickly.

Thanks so much for all of the support, and we'll let everyone know when they are back in stock in March!

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I'm definitely planning on buying the new goblin (probably in 18") in a couple months (which is March), so hopefully you have them then.

Is the goblin xo going to be anywhere near the price of the hobgoblin ($1700)? I don't think I need that much bike but was just curious. I think the goblin is the perfect setup for me (and apparently a lot of others around the same height lol)

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by trevor_b View Post
    I'm definitely planning on buying the new goblin (probably in 18") in a couple months (which is March), so hopefully you have them then.

Is the goblin xo going to be anywhere near the price of the hobgoblin ($1700)? I don't think I need that much bike but was just curious. I think the goblin is the perfect setup for me (and apparently a lot of others around the same height lol)
    We should be OK on them when you are ready to order. Our replenishment run should be done and in the warehouse by the second week in March provided that there isn't another dockworker strike, hurricane, tsunami, or some other catastrophe.

The Goblin X0 is going to be more than the current HobGoblin, but still a storming value for what it is. We are working on the page and photos right now and should have things up and running for pre-orders soon. It's a lot of bike for the money, but you also can't go wrong with the regular Goblin.

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyFlyer View Post
    That's an awesome pic! Can we steal....err......borrow that one for our Facebook page sometime?

That front tire drifting is totally normal when riding in snow. I even have that on my fatbike with 4" wide snow tires on it. If you ride in snow enough you start to learn the limits of grip and how to use body english when going around corners. I love riding in the snow this time of year because it hones my handling and balance skills.

Jeremy
    #1 Yep if you see a pic i post and like it feel free to post it up facebook way any time you want.

#2 You are absolutely correct my statement was at least 50% tongue in cheek and i will hold any final judgment until i have quite a few miles of nice dirt under the tires so far i have 153 miles of snow and ice under her tires. I am thinking that The AKA's may be my new favorite tire I know most on that ride were not hooking up near as well on the short steep gully climbs and it takes one hell of a tire to grip in the snow and ice on front with a 6'5" 260lb lever trying to pry it loose.

#3 One of the things that made me buy Airborne was your interaction with the public here and on face book. Don't change You keep that up and it will be more than just 2 sizes of one bike you wont be able to keep in stock.

TXTony
    What about Goblin frames...how are you guys on them stock wise..thinking if getting just a frame to build up a gravel grinder type rig with a rigid fork...like size 18...so stoked on my current Goblin I want to build up one from scratch and see what I come up with

Airborne Product Dude

#3 One of the things that made me buy Airborne was your interaction with the public here and on face book. Don't change You keep that up and it will be more than just 2 sizes of one bike you wont be able to keep in stock.
    Thanks a lot! Its great to hear feedback like that.

What about Goblin frames...how are you guys on them stock wise..thinking if getting just a frame to build up a gravel grinder type rig with a rigid fork...like size 18...so stoked on my current Goblin I want to build up one from scratch and see what I come up with
    No worries, stock is good on framesets for now.

I built up a silver frameset for myself a month or so ago and really love it. I have a black one too and I hate to say it but..............I think I like the silver better. That says a lot coming from a guy who generally owns only black bikes for the most part. But I also love the orange that we are using for the HobGoblin frameset too since I built up one of those. I guess my tastes are changing~!

Jeremy
    Last edited by BigDaddyFlyer; 01-04-2013 at 06:53 AM. Reason: speeling errurs
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Hey riders....I purchased my New Gobling in 20" and like it a lot. I am 6-1 and 190 lbs. Maybe could have gone with the 18" but after riding other 18" hardtails---felt that would be too small.

Nonetheless, I am looking to upgrade the seatpost and handlebar to carbon? Any suggestions as I am new to the carbon world! Thanks much in advance.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GoWolfpack View Post
    Hey riders....I purchased my New Gobling in 20" and like it a lot. I am 6-1 and 190 lbs. Maybe could have gone with the 18" but after riding other 18" hardtails---felt that would be too small.
    FWIW, I'm 6'2" (about 34" inseam), about the same weight, and have had my green 20" Goblin since August with about 800 singletrack and road miles on it so far. 20" feels just right for me. I can still easily get behind the seat when needed. The thing handles.

I'm thinking about a lighter/wider bar, and a lighter seatpost... Probably a Thomson Elite because I like their clamping mechanism and they look really nice.

The one question I have is, is the stock Goblin seatpost considered a 'setback' post and if so, how much is the setback? I measured ~2 cm, so, if I want the same geometry, do I go with a 20 mm setback post? This is probably totally obvious, but I just want to make sure I'm not missing something.

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast