Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Checking the details listing for the new Goblin fork. It was listed as dual air. Today, I don't see dual air listed as a modifier for the Reba model used. The green Goblin Reba model is the dual air Reba with separately adjustable positive and negative air pressures for fine tuning the ride. That is the RS 2012 model. Does the new Goblin have dual air adjustability or is it a solo air fork. RS has changed to solo air for all 2013 models-- in my opinion a step backwards. By adding 5psi more pressure to the negative over the positive value small bump plushness was tuned in for a smoother ride.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by eb1888 View Post
    Checking the details listing for the new Goblin fork. I don't see dual air listed as a modifier for the Reba model used. The green Goblin Reba model is the dual air Reba with separately adjustable positive and negative air pressures for fine tuning the ride. That is the RS 2012 model. Does the new Goblin have dual air adjustability or is it a solo air fork. RS has changed to solo air for all 2013 models-- in my opinion a step backwards.
    It's dual air,
    Airborne Bicycles. NEW Goblin

From the specs row for the fork RockShox Reba RL 29 Dual Air w/Lock-Out, tapered steer, 100mm

Airborne Product Dude
    This first batch of new black Goblins were made with the Dual Air, the last of RockShox 2012 stock. We did this on purpose because we felt the Dual Air feature was better than the coming Single Air.

That means that after we sell out of this first batch and make another batch, those will be SIngle Air.

Hope that makes sense,

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Fork.... RockShox Reba RL 29 Dual Air w/Lock-Out, tapered steer, 100mm

I see it now. Thanks. With the other 2013 bikes like the Scott 950 switching from a Reba last year to a Fox CTD this year Airborne made a very good choice to stay with the dual air Reba. That is the strongest component choice for any bike in this price range. Kudos to Airborne.

Airborne Product Dude
    Thanks. That's why they keep me around!
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Woot!

Bike was delivered at 1:26 pm, about 5 minutes after I got home from picking up the Spindoctor G3 from performance.

Box was in decent shape, slightly twisted (looking down from the top) and one tear\hole in the side.

Have no time to open it and inspect it, or to simply just peak at it, as I am off to work. Depending on what time I get home on Sunday, ( Will need to watch some NFL goodness) I might tear into it to see if anything is damaged (most likely not, depending on what caused the tear) will give a full report if there is anything to be concerned about.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyFlyer View Post
    This first batch of new black Goblins were made with the Dual Air, the last of RockShox 2012 stock. We did this on purpose because we felt the Dual Air feature was better than the coming Single Air.

That means that after we sell out of this first batch and make another batch, those will be SIngle Air.

Hope that makes sense,

Jeremy
    Hmm, another reason for me to order this sooner rather than later!

I'm pretty sure I know which size I need but I'll measure myself tonight and give y'all a call later to get it done.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyFlyer View Post

Hope that makes sense,

Jeremy
    Boy, I would find it painful to give up such an obvious and valuable advantage in the marketplace..RS should produce an oem version with dual air for you.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Brown Santa has arrived. While the bike arrived mostly intact a couple of observations:

1.) My first thought was that this bike definitely was not packed nearly as well as my first Goblin. I even looked at the old box as it was so nice I kept it just in case I needed to ship a bike. I later found a really nasty scratch on the downtube to confirm that 1/2 way through assembly. It was a chip about the size of a pencil eraser. It looks a little better after I buffed it a little, but I'm still bummed.

2.) Other than the hanger was a little "sprung" the derailleurs were much more closely adjusted that my original Goblin (just minor barrel adjustments). Somewhere along the way, the new spacer that clips in around the cassette was even smashed in over half of an inch on itself.

3.) The cable routing is still HORRIBLE on this bike, but it's a known entity and I immediately shortened and rerouted the housings.

4.) I didn't realize how much difference my carbon bar, Thompson seatpost, Truvativ stem, and Stan's Arch EX's made on the bike. My son's getting the original Goblin, but not those items

5.) Brand new Geax AKA's are SLICK on wet, sealed asphalt. It woke me up

6.) Building a SWEET bike while it's pouring hard enough to strangle frogs and knowing you can't really test it for a few days sucks.

All in all it seems to be another awesome bike, but I'd definitely suggest going back to the original packing with the foam sheets and hard axle spacers. I'd bet it even saves Airborne a lot of money in long run.
    There's only one bigger sheep than manufacturer's - consumers! - AndrewTO

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    If I order, how can I be assured I will get the Dual air fork? Will the listing on the website itself change? Because listing a dual air and getting a downgrade single would be a bit off.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    These bikes are made in mass batches by the factory and the parts are spec'd out and procured prior to assembly. As long as you order one from this initial production run, you should definitely get one with dual air. However, I have no idea how many are in a production run or how quickly they sell out. If you wait a few months I suspect you may get the single air version.
    There's only one bigger sheep than manufacturer's - consumers! - AndrewTO

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Delivered and I'm stuck here at work... It's a nice sunny day out and might actually be semi-dry on the ground, too!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Medel View Post
    Delivered and I'm stuck here at work... It's a nice sunny day out and might actually be semi-dry on the ground, too!
    You need to quit that job if you can't get away for something important like a new Goblin being delivered!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffharris1us View Post
    You need to quit that job if you can't get away for something important like a new Goblin being delivered!!
    I know! It's not like I'm getting much work done while sitting here thinking about bikes

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    SO DID YOU QUIT ? lol

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I can just see all of your co-workers standing on either side cheering you on as you walk out of the place with a multi-tool in one hand and a pedal wrench in the other.

One of your co-workers says, "way to go Paula!!!!"

Officer & Gentleman reference.

mtbr member
    Well folks, my Goblin arrived today so i just got in after a little couple hour drive to pick it up at my works warehouse. The box was in excellent condition overall except for this.
    After further examination i think i got lucky and everything seems to be in tact. Now its build time. being a NOOB I may have some stupid questions coming your way but i hope she goes together as easy as the others here have posted.
    [IMG][/IMG]

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Great for you!!!!

Send more picts after the build!!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Congratz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (y)
    now build build like bob the builder!!!! Xd
    can't wait to see how the bike will be & what is the size you got ?

mtbr member
    john symos,
    Shes a 20 frame. So far things are going good. Bike is together just need to do some fine tweekin. Both brakes are squeakin a bit so i have to dial them in and I went to switch out the grips with some ODI's and found out i dont have the right size of torx bit to undo the break leaver from the handle bar. the Azonic 420's look pretty sic on er. I also need to properly torque everythig down but she will be ready to rock tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Pics!!! Just ordered a Zeppelin Elite tonight

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Too lazy to take good pics, but built, shifting smooth (minor FD/RD tweaks) and a quick 15 min or so in a parking lot since it was dark out. <3 my new Goblin! First bike I've had in a while that didn't feel super cramped (6'5", 190-200lb depending on day)

Here it is in front of my "SUV"

Still need to get a shock pump so it isn't all jelly on me. All grins over here, though

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    OK THANKS Sleevem1 . PERFECT! SOME GREEN OR WHITE SPOKES WOULD BE PERFECT WITH IT I THINK.... OR MAYBE NIPLLES
    CONGRATTSZ Medel

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    And here I was thinking green stripe on the car...

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    If it were me, I'd take the reflectors off.

Just sayin....

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast