Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PWRstroke_smoke View Post
    had my wifey assist with a re measure this morning it's 34
    Based on height and inseam......definitely a 22inch frame.

Jeremy
    Homebrewer, Patriot, Amateur Photographer

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Any chance of a 1x10 setup? I've been loving my Niner with 1x10 gear setup and was hoping to get something for my wife. She really likes the simplicity of only one shifter to deal with. I really like the Goblins. (My buddy has one and loves it.) So I was hoping to get a Goblin or Seeker for my wife sometime in the near future. But if I want a 1x10 gear setup then its gets expensive to start pulling things off to replace them.

So I thought a 1x10 Seeker or Goblin might be kind of nice. Especially if it can be had for under $1000.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    It cost me less about $30 to convert my Goblin to 1x10. Not where the impression of it being expensive to do comes from.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jdhunt0 View Post
    It cost me less about $30 to convert my Goblin to 1x10. Not where the impression of it being expensive to do comes from.
    Hmm, My buddy was doing the research on it for his Goblin and he sounded like you had to change out the rear cartridge and derailer along with the front crank. It sounded like you needed a 3 ring crank up front to get a bash ring on.

What did you do to convert your system and how has it been working?

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Check out this thread. Going 1x10 on the cheap!

A wide/narrow ring and shortening the chain has worked great so far for me and a few others.

mtbr member

Re: New Airborne Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by jdhunt0 View Post
    A wide/narrow ring and shortening the chain has worked great so far for me and a few others.
    Myself being another! The race face wide narrow set me back $50, but I bought it when it first came out so it has probably come down a bit. Other than that all you need is a chain tool

Chris Bling
    Hey guys, looking to get my father in law a Goblin Evo. He is 6'2" with a 34 inch inseam. Would he most likely be on a 20"?
    The obsession of wheels fused with the passion of cycling
    Affordable Custom Wheels

mtbr member

New Airborne Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by dustyduke22 View Post
    Hey guys, looking to get my father in law a Goblin Evo. He is 6'2" with a 34 inch inseam. Would he most likely be on a 20"?
    Those sound very similar to my measurements and I ride a 20".

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dustyduke22 View Post
    I think for the Evo I'd go with a 22 and a really short stem. I ride a Seeker 20" now and am roughly the same measurements as your father.
    Eric

Chris Bling
    thanks man.
    The obsession of wheels fused with the passion of cycling
    Affordable Custom Wheels

mtbr member

New Airborne Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by skyphix View Post
    I think for the Evo I'd go with a 22 and a really short stem. I ride a Seeker 20" now and am roughly the same measurements as your father.
    Just curious why you recommend a 22"? I rode a 22" Goblin and it felt huge compared to the 20". I personally didn't like it.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I think a 22 Goblin would be too big for me as well, but the Goblin is designed as an XC bike so a longer stem is appropriate. With a trail bike I'd like to let the top tube dictate the reach and run a short stem. Good feed back and quick steering despite the slack headtube. Plus, less exposed seat post means a stronger overall setup. Really I think 6'2 with a 34" in seem like we are is probably smack dab between the 20 and 22 size and either can work. It becomes a matter of preference.
    Eric

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by skyphix View Post
    I think a 22 Goblin would be too big for me as well, but the Goblin is designed as an XC bike so a longer stem is appropriate. With a trail bike I'd like to let the top tube dictate the reach and run a short stem. Good feed back and quick steering despite the slack headtube. Plus, less exposed seat post means a stronger overall setup. Really I think 6'2 with a 34" in seem like we are is probably smack dab between the 20 and 22 size and either can work. It becomes a matter of preference.
    I'm also 6'2" and have 34" inseam. When I ordered my Goblin they recommended the 20" model.

I still made a few fitment changes... specifically wide riser bars and a 70mm stem so it'd feel more like my dirt bike. The riser bars made the most difference and I almost didn't install the short stem but I decided to try it anyway. I ended up liking the way it handles in really tight singletrack with the short stem so I think it's staying for now.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I am 6'4" with a 33 1/2 inseam. I was recommended a 22 because of my long reach. I was on a 21.5 Fisher before. I feel really good on my bike. I have added a shorter stem and have wider bars ordered to try out.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Big Daddy can you give me the bottom bracket size for a Goblin got the frame for a build up but forgot to copy the size . I know it's BSA but that is all.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Big Daddy Flyer (Jeremy) has moved on. Eric from Airborne has been checking in here once in a while to answer questions.

Anyway, I think that it's a 68/73mm.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeinMinn View Post
    Big Daddy Flyer (Jeremy) has moved on. Eric from Airborne has been checking in here once in a while to answer questions.

Anyway, I think that it's a 68/73mm.
    Yes, that's correct.

Jeremy
    Homebrewer, Patriot, Amateur Photographer

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Thanks for the help.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25