Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyFlyer View Post
    Came into the office this morning to see notices that the warehouse shipped out A LOT of bikes yesterday. We will be busy dropping the tracking#'s into our e-commerce engine all day today. If you are waiting on a tracking# for your Goblin more-than-likely you should see it in your email box today. Thanks!!!
    Get Crackin.

Most likely, when it is delivered, I will have 0 time to look at it let alone even contemplate assembling it. Why of all times are we picking next week to upgrade our network infrastructure at our co-lo facility. Lots of long days and nights ahead. Of course it will go smoothly... That and I will probably gain 10-15 lbs from all the different Philly cheese steaks joints we will hit while we are in the city.

Hey Biddaddy, I will send you a Pats or Gino's steak if you can rush my order!

mtbr member
    I just received my shipping notification a few minutes a go.
    UPS please be gentle, my bike has to make its way to northern NY.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Woo Hoo!

Same here, Sounds like you live in an area that the bike will shine. I am in Delaware, so not so much. I do live near the highest point in DE, Iron Mountain, but the reality is that is mountain in name only.
    You and most other would consider a speed bump, if that.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Tracking # in my mailbox this morning! Super-stoked!

Airborne Product Dude
    Woot! Glad you guys are stoked! Can't wait to hear about your first rides.

OilburnerDe, did you choose your screen-name because you happen to drive an air-cooled German vehicle?

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Hopefully will get some shakedown runs next week before heading up to NH for the weekend. We'll see when the bike gets here, though

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by raschla View Post
    Christmas is tomorrow! Just got my UPS Choice email advising that my new Goblin will be here sometime tomorrow.

On a side note, just wish it wasn't coming via UPS ... received my wifes Guardian last week and the box looked like it came thru a war zone and I'm just down the road in San Diego. Forutnately, no damage to the bike.
    WAR ZONE !!!! ?
    HAHAHAHAHA THAT'S FUNNY GLAD NO DAMAGE TO THE BIKE

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Yeah, UPS has been inconsistent in careful handling of large product delivery here in the San Diego area. I think there are two factors here though. As manufactures seek lower delivery costs they appear to minimize product packing protection and put more reliance on transport services handling... then transport services reduce their handling costs in relying on customers to provide adequate packing protection. They both then accept what they believe are acceptable risk i.e. loss in both their business models.

You just hope they both match up well and you are not on the losing end of their acceptable risk ;-)

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Woot! Glad you guys are stoked! Can't wait to hear about your first rides.

OilburnerDe, did you choose your screen-name because you happen to drive an air-cooled German vehicle?

Jeremy
    Almost correct. I did have a 73 S Beetle at one point. But I am an water cooled guy now.

If interested:

I am an original 90 Corrado owner Stg 4, P&P head and what not. Been off the road for years
    97 Passat TDI Stg 3+ diesel (hence OilBurner, not driving it at the moment)

and a 06 GLI, with a few mods.

I just started the plans of doing a motor swap and will be taking the motor and trans from the passat and transplanting into the Corrado. It is a very strong motor and driving like I stole it, returned 48 mpg;s in the heavy passat. It should be a beast in the lighter Corrado.

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by OilburnerDe View Post
    Almost correct. I did have a 73 S Beetle at one point. But I am an water cooled guy now.

If interested:

I am an original 90 Corrado owner Stg 4, P&P head and what not. Been off the road for years
    97 Passat TDI Stg 3+ diesel (hence OilBurner, not driving it at the moment)

and a 06 GLI, with a few mods.

I just started the plans of doing a motor swap and will be taking the motor and trans from the passat and transplanting into the Corrado. It is a very strong motor and driving like I stole it, returned 48 mpg;s in the heavy passat. It should be a beast in the lighter Corrado.
    Cool! I'm a German car nut too! I know we're a little off topic so if we want to talk more about it I might take it into PM's. I've had multiple V-dubs over the years and have been a Porsche nut for the last 15 years. Here's my track/auto-x beast. OK, sorry about that, back on topic!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Airborne Goblin-porschefrontsplitter.jpg  

Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    I have to say the 2 Airborne bikes I've had delivered to my door were packaged GREAT! It was ban enough waiting on it to show up and then it took me forever to get it out of the package, ha. But I'd rather it be that way over getting a damaged bike!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    ... The Goblin just arrived and the box condition looks good!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Airborne Goblin-2012-09-13_14-01-19_413-640x361-.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Cool! I'm a German car nut too! I know we're a little off topic so if we want to talk more about it I might take it into PM's. I've had multiple V-dubs over the years and have been a Porsche nut for the last 15 years. Here's my track/auto-x beast. OK, sorry about that, back on topic!
    Nice!

Here is a pic of mine on the track.

Its on the right, although it has been on the back of a flatbad one or two times...

And here is another pic of it at a car show, along with something close to your heart.

Bicycle related as there are two hatch/trunk bike racks in the back of it currently.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    ... The Goblin just arrived and the box condition looks good!
    Jelly!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    The Goblin packing appears to be a step up from my wifes Guardian that I put together last week. Everything came together quite nicely however, it appears the derailers need some adjustment ... not wanting to move to large front ring and skipping rings in the rear. So, I am a noob ...

Anyone recommend any particular online guide or YouTube video?

Does the SRAM X7 2x10 setup have any particular detail I need to be aware of in adjustments?

Performance LBS just happens to have a "Derailer How To Clinic" tonight ... probably good for a noob like me, eh?

Thanks for any assist!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Airborne Goblin-2012-09-13_14-28-13_682-640x361-.jpg  

New Airborne Goblin-2012-09-13_16-06-32_369-640x361-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by OilburnerDe View Post
    Jelly!
    ... I just gotta' know what this means

mtbr member
    May 2012
    ... I just gotta' know what this means
    Jealous!
    What size frame is that?

Also, your first picture of the bike first pulled out of the box, brought back a flood of memories. Of the hundreds upon hundreds that I have unboxed in a past life.
    But none of those could hold a candle to this bike.

I have always wondered if packing it like that is as much of a pain in the butt as unpacking it is.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    The Goblin packing appears to be a step up from my wifes Guardian that I put together last week. Everything came together quite nicely however, it appears the derailers need some adjustment ... not wanting to move to large front ring and skipping rings in the rear. So, I am a noob ...

Anyone recommend any particular online guide or YouTube video?

Does the SRAM X7 2x10 setup have any particular detail I need to be aware of in adjustments?

Performance LBS just happens to have a "Derailer How To Clinic" tonight ... probably good for a noob like me, eh?

Thanks for any assist!
    Looks awesome man! i am jealous, is that the 16 inch?

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    You guys getting new Goblins should know that I am sitting here with a big smile on my face. I know how fun it is to order something, wait and wait, finally the UPS guy shows up with a box. It is great that you are sharing the joy.

Congratulations to all the new Goblin owners!!!!

Ride the hell out of 'em.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    DANG YOU THAT BIKE BEFORE ME !:d CONGRATSZZ!!!!!
    it's like i have the sickness where the kids are up & running the whole dang day & can't sit still i am in suriname can't wait to get mine !!!! october it will arrive so for now checking a few water bottle holder & spokes WHITE or GREEN still can't find some with a decent price & length

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    For a noob is it worth paying the extra few bucks for the New Goblin or would the original Goblin be enough bike to start with?

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Pay the extra.

The bigger front rotor is reason enough, but better tires and tapered head tube also much bettter than original.

Personally, I prefer the New Goblin paint as well.

Airborne Product Dude
    We are out of the 16" and 20" green Goblins, with only a few of the 18's and 22's left. Take that into consideration regarding your decision.

I personally think the improvements made to the black Goblin make it worth the difference in price but I may be a little biased!
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Tomorrow's the day! Now if it would stop raining over here and I can finish my car exhaust/oil change after work before it gets dark, I might be able to ride it tomorrow (for 10 minutes before nightfall)!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Mine is out for delivery!
    Not going into the office till later, supposed to get allot of rain today-night.
    Hopefully it gets here before I have to leave. Sad part is, I will not be home until sometime on Sunday, and will probably be to wiped out to even think about putting it together.

Performance is having a 10% off everything including sale items today between 12 and 2, might stop by and pick up the Spindoctor stand, for when I get the chance to put it together and tune it.

Good luck with yours and to everyone getting them this week!

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast