Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Results 426 to 450 of 614
  1. #426
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3
    Awesome, thanks for all the fedback on the size.. Really looking forward to the first ride, and a 6 month road trip to enjoy all the great single track around the states!!

  2. #427
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by rick5587 View Post
    on the front derailleur, which is the High and Low screws?
    Never mind...Bike Radar's You Tube Video's got everything working amazing on the bike. It's taken almost a week, but I feel pretty confident with the derailleurs and brakes (except for bleeding...haven't needed that yet, will research when required) as well as suspension settings and bike fitting. Glad I didn't take it to an LBS. It's nice to know you can fix a problem on the spot. Can't wait for this rain to stop! Good and bad of South FL...we don't get cold winter but we do have rainy season.

  3. #428
    lmw
    lmw is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    33
    has anybody had any issues swapping bars/stem? I can't get the brake levers off the stock handlebar

  4. #429
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 8iking VIIking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    974
    The brake levers are a bit of a pain, its like there's loctite on them or something. I actually had to put the torx bit in my ratchet to get it loose

  5. #430
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by 8iking VIIking View Post
    The brake levers are a bit of a pain, its like there's loctite on them or something. I actually had to put the torx bit in my ratchet to get it loose
    What is the size of the torx screw needed? I was trying to move them yesterday but didn't want to strip the screw.

  6. #431
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 8iking VIIking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    974
    Quote Originally Posted by rick5587 View Post
    What is the size of the torx screw needed? I was trying to move them yesterday but didn't want to strip the screw.
    I believe its a t25

  7. #432
    lmw
    lmw is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    33
    I took it to my lbs today, took them about an hour or so but they managed to get brakes off with an ez-out lol. anyways got my new bars and stem on, so im happy

  8. #433
    lmw
    lmw is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    33
    also just wondering about the fork. I set my psi to 100 (i used the reference chart on the bottom of the fork) and i bottom out when i have my rebound all the way to the left. my sag is at 20mm when i have it one notch away from being fully locked out, what settings do you guys have your rebound at?

  9. #434
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    61
    went out for my first real ride with the new bike yesterday. Really wet and muddy conditions. I am shocked how well this bike rides. It was by far the best I've ever handled the advanced trails...especially with the worse weather I've ever ridden in. I'm a novice at this and i was toying with every trail. Two Goblins here in Miami. We both had the same experience...love the bike!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Airborne Goblin-rsz_20130602_143530.jpg  


  10. #435
    lmw
    lmw is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by lmw View Post
    also just wondering about the fork. I set my psi to 100 (i used the reference chart on the bottom of the fork) and i bottom out when i have my rebound all the way to the left. my sag is at 20mm when i have it one notch away from being fully locked out, what settings do you guys have your rebound at?
    i did some more playing around today with my fork settings. when i set the psi to around 60 i achieve my ideal sag of 30, but then the fork bottoms out too easy. if i increase the psi enough so that my fork doesnt bottom out so easy, then the sag is only around 10. another thing i noticed that when im not sitting on the bike, the sag is around 5, this does not seem normal to me

  11. #436
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BigDaddyFlyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,765
    Are you using a shock pump?

    OK, on the fork 60psi sounds too low, I think that's even off the chart. How much do you weigh?

    Jeremy
    Homebrewer, Patriot, Amateur Photographer

  12. #437
    lmw
    lmw is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    33
    I weigh 155 pounds, also yes I have a shock pump

  13. #438
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    13
    Just got my goblin and so far it is amazing...but alas, I have only been able to ride on paved bike/running trails near my house. But I have a question, I want to put my own lube of choice on the chain, but the grease that the chain comes equipped with is a hassle to remove. I was wondering if any of you have found a good way to clean off the grease? I tried using good ol' simple green and a rag...but the grease prevails. So I have removed the chain and it awaits soaking...what to soak it in is the question.

  14. #439
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    206
    One of the best things to use to remove grease from the drive train is plain old liquid dishwashing soap. Every couple of weeks I'll get a bucket of warm soapy water and a brush and scrub the cassette, chain, crankset, chain rings, and derailleurs.

    Then put a very light coating of wax-based or Teflon lube on the chain. Lightly wipe off the excess.

    Do NOT use the same brush to clean the rest of the bike. Use a separate brush for that.

  15. #440
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    431
    Why remove the stock lube/grease? That stuff seems to be better than any lube on the market. I always let the stock stuff wear off then apply lube.

  16. #441
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BigDaddyFlyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,765
    Quote Originally Posted by lmw View Post
    I weigh 155 pounds, also yes I have a shock pump
    Check to ensure your pump is good and not bleeding air off when you release the valve.

    I think your air pressure is really too low. I would set it for your weight as the first priority and sag as the second priority. I generally look for about 20% sag on an XC bike.

    If there is something wrong with it, we can work with you thru a local shop to have it looked at for RockShox Warranty repair/replacement.

    Jeremy
    Homebrewer, Patriot, Amateur Photographer

  17. #442
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BigDaddyFlyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,765
    Quote Originally Posted by rick5587 View Post
    went out for my first real ride with the new bike yesterday. Really wet and muddy conditions. I am shocked how well this bike rides. It was by far the best I've ever handled the advanced trails...especially with the worse weather I've ever ridden in. I'm a novice at this and i was toying with every trail. Two Goblins here in Miami. We both had the same experience...love the bike!


    Love the shot! Stealing..............er.............borrowing it for our facebook page!

    Jeremy
    Homebrewer, Patriot, Amateur Photographer

  18. #443
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffharris1us View Post
    One of the best things to use to remove grease from the drive train is plain old liquid dishwashing soap. Every couple of weeks I'll get a bucket of warm soapy water and a brush and scrub the cassette, chain, crankset, chain rings, and derailleurs.

    Then put a very light coating of wax-based or Teflon lube on the chain. Lightly wipe off the excess.

    Do NOT use the same brush to clean the rest of the bike. Use a separate brush for that.
    Thanks, dish soap is a wonder soap. Got my chain spic and span.

  19. #444
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BigDaddyFlyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,765
    Quote Originally Posted by tkelly View Post
    Thanks, dish soap is a wonder soap. Got my chain spic and span.
    I use Dawn dish soap mixed with hot water in a gallon milk jug to clean my chains. Just take off the chain, put about a 1/3 gallon of hot water in the jug with a little soap, throw the chain in, put the lid on, and shake the hell out of it. Then let it sit for 10 minutes or so and repeat. I do this a few times while working on the bike doing other stuff, and after a few repetitions the chain is clean and just needs a drying wiepdown and lube.

    One tip: if you are ever in a bind and don't have any soap for washing your car, DO NOT use dishwashing detergent. It strips all of the wax and leaves a nice, flat, dull finish. True story. Don't ask me how I know.


    Jeremy
    Homebrewer, Patriot, Amateur Photographer

  20. #445
    mtbr member
    Reputation: atomiclab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    27

    No regrets !!

    I just got my goblin in recently and have 2 rides in.
    it is awesome ! I love it!
    New Airborne Goblin-1370045934998_zpsc0d86d7d.jpg

    different tires, short stem, wider bars on the way to adapt perfectly to my tastes.

    Im stoked.

  21. #446
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    431
    Is that a 22"?

    What tires, stem and bars?

  22. #447
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KrazyKreitzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    426

    New Airborne Goblin

    That looks like an 18" or maybe a 20".

  23. #448
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyFlyer View Post
    Love the shot! Stealing..............er.............borrowing it for our facebook page!

    Jeremy
    Nice...go ahead and steal. I like the facebook page! I get a lot of questions about the bike down here...we might be the only two so far. Everyone freaks out when I tell them the price of the bike.

    +1 on the dishwasher soap. Works great for me.

  24. #449
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by lmw View Post
    I weigh 155 pounds, also yes I have a shock pump
    I weigh 158 and have the PSI at 95. It I lower it anymore it bottoms out. I keep the rebound pretty slow.

  25. #450
    mtbr member
    Reputation: atomiclab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by atomiclab View Post
    I just got my goblin in recently and have 2 rides in.
    it is awesome ! I love it!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1370045934998_zpsc0d86d7d.jpg 
Views:	597 
Size:	161.0 KB 
ID:	806358

    different tires, short stem, wider bars on the way to adapt perfectly to my tastes.

    Im stoked.
    IT IS A 20" frame. I could go a little smaller, but it REALLY is a great fit for over all size to me.

    I am 6'2" with a measured 35" inseam, I I come from a BMX background, so with a shorter stem this bike is very agile

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •