Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by WineDine29er View Post
    I can attest to this...my RD was perfectly dialed right out of the box with zero issues. My FD only needed minor cable adjustment...the high and low limits were set properly.
    Same here, GREAT product out of the box.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    My Goblin arrived Friday. Pretty much dialed in, only a minor FD adjustment was necessary. However, the Goblin power plant has some issues...weak legs, inefficient heart and lungs, you name it. I hope to improve these issues over time.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    bussit out...you can do it.

smoov tip.
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

lmw
    mtbr member
    Apr 2013

can anyone tell me what the silver cylinder piece is thats in the sprocket? not sure what its there for

also how often do you guys have to adjust your brakes? my brakes are often squealing, when I realign the calipers it usually goes away for a while but they always start squealing again

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Went for my first real ride on the new Goblin today, love it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Re: New Airborne Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by lmw View Post

can anyone tell me what the silver cylinder piece is thats in the sprocket? not sure what its there for

also how often do you guys have to adjust your brakes? my brakes are often squealing, when I realign the calipers it usually goes away for a while but they always start squealing again
    It's so you know where to align the crank arm up with the chain ring if you pull them apart for maintenance.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Jem7sk View Post
    Can you post a pic of your hanger inline with your frame so we can see if it is bent?
    Hi Jem7sk. Did you get a chance to look at the rear derailleur? I can't tell if it is straight or not but looks like it is.

Thanks

Airborne Flight Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokomojo View Post
    It's so you know where to align the crank arm up with the chain ring if you pull them apart for maintenance.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Interesting, makes sense. I always thought it was meant to keep the chain out of there in the case of a derailment to the outside.
    Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard website

Captain Climber
    Quote Originally Posted by rick5587 View Post
    Hi Jem7sk. Did you get a chance to look at the rear derailleur? I can't tell if it is straight or not but looks like it is.

Thanks
    Sorry for the delay... Looks straight to me.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Jem7sk View Post
    Sorry for the delay... Looks straight to me.
    Yeah, that's what I thought. I can fiddle with the barrel adjuster and get the largest cog working but then the smallest one won't engage....frustrating. When I originally received the bike I should have started with the barrel adjuster FIRST before messing with the H and L. Probably would have been an easy fix. Also, what's up with the allen screw on the back of the derailleur which moves it forward or back? What is that for?

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by jhazard View Post
    Interesting, makes sense. I always thought it was meant to keep the chain out of there in the case of a derailment to the outside.
    That's the main intention as far as I know.

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaleBreaker View Post
    However, the Goblin power plant has some issues...weak legs, inefficient heart and lungs, you name it. I hope to improve these issues over time.
    We'll try and work on those issues for the next version of the Goblin, thanks!

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

TXTony

The Gob

Out of the box..zero issues..a few tweaks here and there and good to go...6 months in and zero issues..it is getting ready to transform into the Goblin X9 starting next month..I have used this bike for a lot more than I thought I would...I have done some long gravel grinders on her...she excels on XC stuff...taking it on some more technical terrain with the usual issues that any ht frame bike encounters and she handled it great..even have used it for commuting around the down town area with a back to carry my junk...I finally got another saddle just have not put it on yet...the stock one does ok for short rides but any length of time on the saddle and things start screaming for relief..I like the stock Geax tires fine but think I am gonna switch for a narrower faster tire..maybe SB8 or similar..though these tires where super easy to set up with No Tubes..the BF wheels are stellar performers..put on a carbon seat post and carbon bar..I went with a flat bar that was narrower than the stock one..I just like narrow bars..even on my all mountain bike i run them as narrow as possible..everything nice and tight and slammed together..the X7 stuff works great and I will reuse that stuff on another build...

Crossing my fingers for a steel incarnation of this rig or a steel offering from Airborne as my next project is to build up a steel frame rig....as soon as I get a fork(rigid) I will be getting another Goblin frame and running a drop bar with cross type tires on it..everything is in a box and ready to go...a Gobenstein!

Captain Climber
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyFlyer View Post
    We'll try and work on those issues for the next version of the Goblin, thanks!

Jeremy
    Ahhhh, an electric Goblin is coming?

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by rick5587 View Post
    Yeah, that's what I thought. I can fiddle with the barrel adjuster and get the largest cog working but then the smallest one won't engage....frustrating. When I originally received the bike I should have started with the barrel adjuster FIRST before messing with the H and L. Probably would have been an easy fix. Also, what's up with the allen screw on the back of the derailleur which moves it forward or back? What is that for?
    That's the B-screw. Take a look at this:

Park Tool Co. ParkTool Blog Rear Derailler Adjustments (derailleur)

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyFlyer View Post
    That's the B-screw. Take a look at this:

Park Tool Co. ParkTool Blog Rear Derailler Adjustments (derailleur)

Jeremy
    Wow..thanks Jeremy. MUCH more informative than the book I purchased to help out with any issues that come up. Can't wait to get out of the office.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Tony, is there a noticeable difference in x9 parts versus x7? I've never had anything x9. I just like the x7 stuff perfectly for the amount of riding I do and how budget friendly it is. I read an article today about the type 2 clutch technology trickling down to the x7 stuff as well so that will be nice for when I feel like "upgrading".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

TXTony
    Quote Originally Posted by trevor_b View Post
    Tony, is there a noticeable difference in x9 parts versus x7? I've never had anything x9. I just like the x7 stuff perfectly for the amount of riding I do and how budget friendly it is. I read an article today about the type 2 clutch technology trickling down to the x7 stuff as well so that will be nice for when I feel like "upgrading".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Yeah there is a noticeable difference IMO...I am running x9 on three other bikes...shifts are smoother..lever action feels better...kinda of like going to XO stuff...huge difference in performance and weight savings if one is into weight...but I like the X9 stuff as I have used it for years with no issues...it is also semi budget friendly compared to X0 or XTR level stuff in the event you crash and destroy a shifter or derailleur..though I have only had few crashes over the years that resulted in new drive train parts needing replacing..the X7 is good stuff and I have had no issues with it at all...but I kind of like to keep the same level stuff on all my bikes as that is what I am used to running...for me I can tell a difference when using the x7 vs the x9...plus I am killing two birds with one stone...the wife wants to upgrade her drive train from Shimano to Sram so I am going to put the X7 stuff one her bike...I would like to do X0 as I am running that on another HT..but just can not budget that build right now...the X0 stuff is pure sweetness...if and when you upgrade I am sure you will be happy going to X9.

Airborne Product Dude
    FYI for any of you thinking about adding a Goblin to your stable right now, we are OUT of the 18's at the moment. 20's will go next.

Unfortunately the quickest we can receive the parts we ordered and build the bikes won't be until late June, which will put the next batch of Goblins in our warehouse about the 3rd week of July. We doubled-up on this next coming batch so hopefully that helps out with the stocking issue for awhile. Our sales rate on Goblins is about 4X what we predicted when we did our initial forecasting.

Thanks!

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Just purchased a 20" Goblin, and I already cant wait for it to get here. I am a little concerned on size but after reading this thread I hope I made the right decision. I am right at 6 feet tall and I have a inseam of 34". I was curious is anyone had there own opinion on my size. I was between the 18-20. Any help would be great!!

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I am about an inch taller than you with a similar inseam and the 20" feels perfect to me.

TXTony
    Quote Originally Posted by aguilford4 View Post
    Just purchased a 20" Goblin, and I already cant wait for it to get here. I am a little concerned on size but after reading this thread I hope I made the right decision. I am right at 6 feet tall and I have a inseam of 34". I was curious is anyone had there own opinion on my size. I was between the 18-20. Any help would be great!!
    Should be good I am 5 11 and ride 18(M)..I am on the cusp of med to large the med being at the low end of what i fit on...I usually buy the smallest frame I can fit on for all my bikes...

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by aguilford4 View Post
    I think the 20inch is the best bet. You may end up buying a shorter stem than the stock one to make it fit perfect, like a 90mm. But try it with the stock stem first. If your arms are longish for your height, the stock length may be fine...

Thanks!

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Yep, I'm 6' and a 34" Inseam and ride the 20" goblin completely stock and I love the fit.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    on the front derailleur, which is the High and Low screws?

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast