Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
Results 451 to 500 of 618
  1. #451
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    61
    Hi Jeremy, I have another friend that is interested in a Goblin. He's got a 34" inseam 5'10". Do you think the 20 is fine?

  2. #452
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BigDaddyFlyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,829
    Quote Originally Posted by rick5587 View Post
    Hi Jeremy, I have another friend that is interested in a Goblin. He's got a 34" inseam 5'10". Do you think the 20 is fine?
    Hmmmm.

    My gut tells me that he'd be better on the 18", unless he has really long arms. At 5'10" and a 34" inseam, he has a longer inseam than average for his height which means he has a shorter torso than average. A 20" may be too long for him in regards to reach/ETT unless he has super long arms, even though he can easily stand over it.

    So I'm leaning toward the 18" for him, and he *may* need to end up buying a longer seat-post as the 350mm may not be long enough for him to get proper leg extension.....a 400mm may be in order.

    You can have him call us and we can work with him over the phone to verify everything. Thanks!

    Jeremy
    Please Note: I no longer work for Airborne. If you have an Airborne question or problem please contact them directly.

  3. #453
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    61
    Just got the 9er Carbon Flat Bar. Is the torque wrench and paste really necessary?

  4. #454
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mitch1171's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    519
    Quote Originally Posted by rick5587 View Post
    Just got the 9er Carbon Flat Bar. Is the torque wrench and paste really necessary?
    I use the paste that way its not to dry on the carbon and id use a torque wrench on carbon! If it were anything else id say just make sure its snug. My carbon cock pit made noise until I used the paste!

  5. #455
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    206
    Looking to upgrade to Black Flag Pro or Expert, knowing that the Experts are 170 grams heavier. Either set will be lighter/stiffer than current.

    Inclined towards the Experts and saving about $125.

    Does anyone have thoughts about the Pros being better enough to justify more money besides weight?

  6. #456
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mitch1171's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    519
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffharris1us View Post
    Looking to upgrade to Black Flag Pro or Expert, knowing that the Experts are 170 grams heavier. Either set will be lighter/stiffer than current.

    Inclined towards the Experts and saving about $125.

    Does anyone have thoughts about the Pros being better enough to justify more money besides weight?
    I have the pros on my hobgoblin xo and I am really impressed with them not to mention running them tubeless has been sweet. Very strong rim as I'm running over a lot of roots here in Florida. Also I weigh 225lbs so with that being said I think they are killer as I give them a good beating each time I am out!

  7. #457
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch1171 View Post
    I use the paste that way its not to dry on the carbon and id use a torque wrench on carbon! If it were anything else id say just make sure its snug. My carbon cock pit made noise until I used the paste!
    OK...ordered the paste and will go look for a cheap torque wrench at Sears or Home Depot

  8. #458
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    431

    Re: New Airborne Goblin

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffharris1us View Post
    Looking to upgrade to Black Flag Pro or Expert, knowing that the Experts are 170 grams heavier. Either set will be lighter/stiffer than current.

    Inclined towards the Experts and saving about $125.

    Does anyone have thoughts about the Pros being better enough to justify more money besides weight?
    I'm looking at the experts and comps as well for my goblin. Also looking at other wheel sets in that price range. It is a little overwhelming with ask the options.

  9. #459
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    206
    The thing I keep coming back to the Black Flags about is the ability to run front QR or 15mm or 20mm.

    Plus, they look to be a good value weight to price wise.

    I think I am going to go with the Experts. The extra weight is not that big a deal to me.

  10. #460
    Captain Climber
    Reputation: Jem7sk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by rick5587 View Post
    OK...ordered the paste and will go look for a cheap torque wrench at Sears or Home Depot
    Don't forget Harbor Freight... They have cheap torque wrenches with lifetime warrenty.

  11. #461
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BigDaddyFlyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,829
    Harbor Freight is a great place to pick up tools like torque wrenches, micrometers, etc.

    Definitely use a torque wrench. I cracked a carbon seatpost last year on my own bike just going by feel. I own a torque wrench and usually use it, but I didn't have it handy and went on feel. My "feel" was off by 2 Nm which was enough to overtighten and crack the post.

    Jeremy
    Please Note: I no longer work for Airborne. If you have an Airborne question or problem please contact them directly.

  12. #462
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    61
    I have a Harbor Freight right by the office...any idea of what PN is the cheapest of the decent torque wrenches?

  13. #463
    Captain Climber
    Reputation: Jem7sk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by rick5587 View Post
    I have a Harbor Freight right by the office...any idea of what PN is the cheapest of the decent torque wrenches?
    Go to their website and sign up for their mailing list. You'll get a ton of coupons. I think they only have one torque wrench per size.

  14. #464
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    61
    Does anyone know how tight I have to tighten this bar?
    Niner Flat Top Carbon Handlebar 2012 > Components > Handlebars and Stems > Handlebars | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop
    I can't find the spec anywhere.

    thanks for the help!

  15. #465
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    506
    Quote Originally Posted by Jem7sk View Post
    Don't forget Harbor Freight... They have cheap torque wrenches with lifetime warrenty.
    This was the best $20 spent on bikestuff over last few weeks.

    Highly recommend it

    Ritchey 5Nm Multi-Torque Key - Take Along Tools / Multi-tools

  16. #466
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by drjay9051 View Post
    This was the best $20 spent on bikestuff over last few weeks.

    Highly recommend it

    Ritchey 5Nm Multi-Torque Key - Take Along Tools / Multi-tools
    Nice one! Just ordered.

  17. #467
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    506
    Quote Originally Posted by rick5587 View Post
    Nice one! Just ordered.
    What I like is just throw in Camel Back or seatpack. I find it useful if I feel the need to adjust on a ride. Last week buddy tried my Goblin XO. No problem just change seat height and good to go.

    You may find initially that it feels like you are applying alot of torque. That is due to the very short lever arm. When you hit 5 NM you get a clearly audible click and the wrench sort of gives way. It is truly a gem of a tool.

  18. #468
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by drjay9051 View Post
    What I like is just throw in Camel Back or seatpack. I find it useful if I feel the need to adjust on a ride. Last week buddy tried my Goblin XO. No problem just change seat height and good to go.

    You may find initially that it feels like you are applying alot of torque. That is due to the very short lever arm. When you hit 5 NM you get a clearly audible click and the wrench sort of gives way. It is truly a gem of a tool.
    So same tightness goes for the seatpost as well? Cool.

  19. #469
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by drjay9051 View Post
    What I like is just throw in Camel Back or seatpack. I find it useful if I feel the need to adjust on a ride. Last week buddy tried my Goblin XO. No problem just change seat height and good to go.

    You may find initially that it feels like you are applying alot of torque. That is due to the very short lever arm. When you hit 5 NM you get a clearly audible click and the wrench sort of gives way. It is truly a gem of a tool.
    The wrench works great...I installed the bars last night during halftime. I thought I was over tightening but followed what you said and sure enough it snaps when you hit the limit. This is a great tool since there are always minute adjustments I like to make to the brake, shifters and degree of handlebar. Awesome recommendation...thanks man

  20. #470
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    4
    Happy Goblin owner.. I have had my Goblin for about a month now and it has been a blast around Pittsburgh. Performs great in easy river trail, and excels in the single track outside of the city. I am 6" and have a 34 inseam so I went with the 20 and I am happy I did. The bike was a bit large out of the box, but after dialing in the seat it feels great.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Airborne Goblin-bike.jpg  


  21. #471
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BigDaddyFlyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,829
    Quote Originally Posted by aguilford4 View Post
    Happy Goblin owner.. I have had my Goblin for about a month now and it has been a blast around Pittsburgh. Performs great in easy river trail, and excels in the single track outside of the city. I am 6" and have a 34 inseam so I went with the 20 and I am happy I did. The bike was a bit large out of the box, but after dialing in the seat it feels great.
    Great pic! You're now Photo of the Day on our Facebook page!

    BTW I love Pittsburg, one of my favorite cities. Always have a great time when I am there. Have you ridden the new bike park they built?

    Jeremy
    Please Note: I no longer work for Airborne. If you have an Airborne question or problem please contact them directly.

  22. #472
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Sleevem1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    252
    Happy Canada Day for all you Airborne owners in the great white north. It's a nice day to be out burning some calories before consuming some later on tonight.

    New Airborne Goblin-cam00127_zps6533a903.jpg

  23. #473
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mitch1171's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    519
    Quote Originally Posted by rick5587 View Post
    Does anyone know how tight I have to tighten this bar?
    Niner Flat Top Carbon Handlebar 2012 > Components > Handlebars and Stems > Handlebars | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop
    I can't find the spec anywhere.

    thanks for the help!
    Id call Jenson on that they should have the specs!

  24. #474
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch1171 View Post
    Id call Jenson on that they should have the specs!
    Agreed, they should put that info on the specs, but I emailed niner bikes and ralph responded pretty quickly with the answer. 5nm

  25. #475
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    6
    Hey all. Been doing A LOT of reading on the Goblin and whatever I could read on the Guardian. I've been going back and forth deciding with the bikes from LBS and after being COMPLETELY exhausting myself, I decided to go with the Goblin. I was set to buy the Scott Scale 950 but was very hesitant to putting down so much $$$. It wasn't until I experience the fluidity of SRAM shifting that was a deal breaker with Scott. I also have to give Airborne some credit, many thanks to Eric from Airborne. We chatted for almost half an hour (bikes and business as well). Anyone else in NYC with the Airborne? Never mtb'd before other than about 15 years ago when I had a cheap store branded bike that I rode it to the ground, loved that bike... but loved the mustang I moved on to even more!

    Anyways, I think I'm going to be very happy to be in this community. Just waiting for an email I sent to Airborne about the size. (Can you believe it? I spoke on the phone and didn't even think about asking about the size!) I measured myself at 5'8-1/2" today but I'm actually 5'10" when I don't slouch and 30.5 inseam (kinda measured a little lower to give my boys some room). I fit right in between the 17-18 range... but thinking if I should go with the 16". Love the tube bend on the 16". I'm 220lbs and looking definitely shed 20 lbs easily with the bike.... maybe errr... 40 lbs? What do you guys think?

    Oh... ps, the website doesn't have any info on how to become an Airborne Flight Crew. I think it would be a pleasure to represent them here in the east side.

  26. #476
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mitch1171's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    519
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotokan07 View Post
    Hey all. Been doing A LOT of reading on the Goblin and whatever I could read on the Guardian. I've been going back and forth deciding with the bikes from LBS and after being COMPLETELY exhausting myself, I decided to go with the Goblin. I was set to buy the Scott Scale 950 but was very hesitant to putting down so much $$$. It wasn't until I experience the fluidity of SRAM shifting that was a deal breaker with Scott. I also have to give Airborne some credit, many thanks to Eric from Airborne. We chatted for almost half an hour (bikes and business as well). Anyone else in NYC with the Airborne? Never mtb'd before other than about 15 years ago when I had a cheap store branded bike that I rode it to the ground, loved that bike... but loved the mustang I moved on to even more!

    Anyways, I think I'm going to be very happy to be in this community. Just waiting for an email I sent to Airborne about the size. (Can you believe it? I spoke on the phone and didn't even think about asking about the size!) I measured myself at 5'8-1/2" today but I'm actually 5'10" when I don't slouch and 30.5 inseam (kinda measured a little lower to give my boys some room). I fit right in between the 17-18 range... but thinking if I should go with the 16". Love the tube bend on the 16". I'm 220lbs and looking definitely shed 20 lbs easily with the bike.... maybe errr... 40 lbs? What do you guys think?

    Oh... ps, the website doesn't have any info on how to become an Airborne Flight Crew. I think it would be a pleasure to represent them here in the east side.
    You will not be disappointed in your choice of this brand. Customer service is awesome. Let me tell you when you are out on a trail and people stop you and check out your Airborne as I was this weekend and say "dang that bike has some sweet components on it" you will have the same grin I had riding off! Congrats on your choice to join a great family in Airborne and the mountain bike community! Welcome!

    Yes the lack of Airborne swag is a bit frustrating as the jerseys the employees and flight crew members are sweet! Jeremy, Eric! Lets get those suckers made so we can get this cult started! LOL

  27. #477
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BigDaddyFlyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,829
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotokan07 View Post
    Hey all. Been doing A LOT of reading on the Goblin and whatever I could read on the Guardian. I've been going back and forth deciding with the bikes from LBS and after being COMPLETELY exhausting myself, I decided to go with the Goblin. I was set to buy the Scott Scale 950 but was very hesitant to putting down so much $$$. It wasn't until I experience the fluidity of SRAM shifting that was a deal breaker with Scott. I also have to give Airborne some credit, many thanks to Eric from Airborne. We chatted for almost half an hour (bikes and business as well). Anyone else in NYC with the Airborne? Never mtb'd before other than about 15 years ago when I had a cheap store branded bike that I rode it to the ground, loved that bike... but loved the mustang I moved on to even more!

    Anyways, I think I'm going to be very happy to be in this community. Just waiting for an email I sent to Airborne about the size. (Can you believe it? I spoke on the phone and didn't even think about asking about the size!) I measured myself at 5'8-1/2" today but I'm actually 5'10" when I don't slouch and 30.5 inseam (kinda measured a little lower to give my boys some room). I fit right in between the 17-18 range... but thinking if I should go with the 16". Love the tube bend on the 16". I'm 220lbs and looking definitely shed 20 lbs easily with the bike.... maybe errr... 40 lbs? What do you guys think?

    Oh... ps, the website doesn't have any info on how to become an Airborne Flight Crew. I think it would be a pleasure to represent them here in the east side.
    At your height I would definitely recommend the 18". The 16" will probably be too small; you would need a longer post and a 130+mm stem to dial it in.

    We have a small "Flight Crew" of a few riders that we supply product and softgoods to in exchange for them representing us in the field, testing product, and supplying images and info to us. We aren't actively seeking any additional riders. We used to do a new Flight Crew every year 12-13 riders but scaled it back last year for various reasons.

    Hope that helps!

    Jeremy
    Please Note: I no longer work for Airborne. If you have an Airborne question or problem please contact them directly.

  28. #478
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    6
    Thanks Jeremy, will be making the order tomorrow.

  29. #479
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BigDaddyFlyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,829
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotokan07 View Post
    Thanks Jeremy, will be making the order tomorrow.
    You're welcome!~

    FYI Goblins just landed in the port today and we hope to be shipping them out by the end of the week. Once we have more concrete info we will update our website, thanks!

    Jeremy
    Please Note: I no longer work for Airborne. If you have an Airborne question or problem please contact them directly.

  30. #480
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    6
    What about the guardians? Just curious to see the new paint job.

  31. #481
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BigDaddyFlyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,829
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotokan07 View Post
    What about the guardians? Just curious to see the new paint job.
    Guardians will be the first week in August now. We had a little delay on a few parts. We should have the site up and running for pre-orders before the end of this week.

    Jeremy
    Please Note: I no longer work for Airborne. If you have an Airborne question or problem please contact them directly.

  32. #482
    Bicycle Radical
    Reputation: scorchedearth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    276
    Hello,

    I am currently in the market for a new hardtail and the Goblin is a solid pick at the price. My only questions are regarding size.

    I am 5'9" with a 29" inseam. My last bike was an 2011 18" Kona Fire Mountain. What size Goblin would you recommend that I buy?

    Thanks.
    Free people must travel the road to productive social relations at the speed of a bicycle.- Ivan Illich

  33. #483
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2

    Goblin Headset Noise

    I've assembled my Goblin X0 and taken it for a few 12 mile rides on dirt roads. Everything is perfect except that the headset makes noise.

    The bike arrived with the headset installed.

    Is this something that will disappear after a few more miles? If not, how do I address it? I don't think cartridge headsets need lubrication.

    Craig

  34. #484
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    431
    Are you sure it's the headset and not the fork? My fork made noise for the first 50+ miles, now it is silent.

  35. #485
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    6
    Just bought the Goblin.

  36. #486
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by trevor_b View Post
    Are you sure it's the headset and not the fork? My fork made noise for the first 50+ miles, now it is silent.
    It squeals if you lift the front wheel and turn the handlebars. However, it does not make noise at the start of a ride. You need to ride a few hundred feet. My weight on the handlebars does something which it recovers from while sitting overnight in the garage.

  37. #487
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BigDaddyFlyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,829
    Quote Originally Posted by scorchedearth View Post
    Hello,

    I am currently in the market for a new hardtail and the Goblin is a solid pick at the price. My only questions are regarding size.

    I am 5'9" with a 29" inseam. My last bike was an 2011 18" Kona Fire Mountain. What size Goblin would you recommend that I buy?

    Thanks.
    Your height would tell me 18 but your inseam doesn't seem right for your height. Can you double check that? Thanks!

    Jeremy
    Please Note: I no longer work for Airborne. If you have an Airborne question or problem please contact them directly.

  38. #488
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BigDaddyFlyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,829
    Quote Originally Posted by clund View Post
    It squeals if you lift the front wheel and turn the handlebars. However, it does not make noise at the start of a ride. You need to ride a few hundred feet. My weight on the handlebars does something which it recovers from while sitting overnight in the garage.
    It sounds to me like the headset may not be tight. Is there any lateral play in it when you rock the bike back and forth with the front brakes applied?

    If you haven't already, give Eric a call to work thru it. 800-888-BIKE.

    Thanks!

    Jeremy
    Please Note: I no longer work for Airborne. If you have an Airborne question or problem please contact them directly.

  39. #489
    Bicycle Radical
    Reputation: scorchedearth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    276

    New Airborne Goblin

    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyFlyer View Post
    Your height would tell me 18 but your inseam doesn't seem right for your height. Can you double check that? Thanks!

    Jeremy
    Jeremy,

    The inseam is indeed correct. Every time I've bought pants with a 30" inseam, I've had to have them hemmed.
    Perhaps my inseam is 28.5" or so.
    Free people must travel the road to productive social relations at the speed of a bicycle.- Ivan Illich

  40. #490
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    11
    Joining the party... Just ordered a Goblin today. I have been researching everything in the $1000-$1500 range, and really wanting to stay on the lower end of that. There just isn't anything that compares to the Goblin that I have seen at this price. Thought about waiting for the Seeker but the Reba/X7 was too good to pass up. Truth is it is probably more than I need, but getting so much means less to upgrade/replace in the long run. I have had my Cannondale road bike for 16 years, so I tend to keep them a while .

    Sucks that I will be out of town all week next week, doubting it will show up on Friday. Gives me some time to figure out pedals and shoes I guess though. If it does happen to show up I will just go get something local. I have enjoyed reading this thread and seeing what people have done with theirs, looking forward to the build.

  41. #491
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BigDaddyFlyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,829
    Quote Originally Posted by scorchedearth View Post
    Jeremy,

    The inseam is indeed correct. Every time I've bought pants with a 30" inseam, I've had to have them hemmed.
    Perhaps my inseam is 28.5" or so.
    Sorry, I should have probably been more exact. Can you *measure* your actual inseam? Crotch to floor, standing in socks. Put a book between your legs like its a saddle, then measure from the top of it to the floor. It helps to have someone help you; its hard to do on your own.

    Thanks!

    Jeremy
    Please Note: I no longer work for Airborne. If you have an Airborne question or problem please contact them directly.

  42. #492
    TXTony
    Guest
    Good call..it is a great bike...enjoy the ride

  43. #493
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BigDaddyFlyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,829
    FYI, for all of you who have been waiting, the latest batch of Goblins are in the warehouse as of yesterday and we shipped a bunch out yesterday!

    We'll be shipping out back-orders over the next couple of days. So if you didn't get a tracking# from us this morning you should get one in the next few days, thanks!

    Jeremy
    Please Note: I no longer work for Airborne. If you have an Airborne question or problem please contact them directly.

  44. #494
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    6
    The new Airborne Guardian is up on the website. The colors are SEXY! <textarea id="adlesse_unifier_magic_element_id" style="display:none;"></textarea>

  45. #495
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    52
    With new colors on the Gaurdian and introduction of the Seeker, will the Goblin receive a makeover soon?

    I just think the Seeker looks SO good.

  46. #496
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MRMOLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    780
    I'm going to buy two of the Goblin frames and use some spare parts I have to build bikes for my son and his girlfriend. I'm sure I'm going to need new front derailers and need to know what the specs are (clamp dia., top swing, etc.). One bike will be all slx 10sp triple with a RS recon gold fork and the other one will be XT 9sp triple with a Fox F29 fork so they should end up with some pretty nice starter bikes. I'm pretty excited and if they get bit by the cycling bug it will make birthday/Christmas shopping for them much easier/more fun for me.
    Mole

  47. #497
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BigDaddyFlyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,829
    Quote Originally Posted by drivera View Post
    With new colors on the Gaurdian and introduction of the Seeker, will the Goblin receive a makeover soon?
    The Goblin has been in its current livery since Octoberish/Novemberish. We tend to refresh colors/models every 16-18 months or so. The Goblin won't be changing colors anytime real soon.

    Quote Originally Posted by drivera View Post
    I just think the Seeker looks SO good.
    Thanks!

    Jeremy
    Please Note: I no longer work for Airborne. If you have an Airborne question or problem please contact them directly.

  48. #498
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BigDaddyFlyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,829
    Quote Originally Posted by MRMOLE View Post
    I'm going to buy two of the Goblin frames and use some spare parts I have to build bikes for my son and his girlfriend. I'm sure I'm going to need new front derailers and need to know what the specs are (clamp dia., top swing, etc.). One bike will be all slx 10sp triple with a RS recon gold fork and the other one will be XT 9sp triple with a Fox F29 fork so they should end up with some pretty nice starter bikes. I'm pretty excited and if they get bit by the cycling bug it will make birthday/Christmas shopping for them much easier/more fun for me.
    Mole
    It's the same as the seatpost clamp: 31.8mm. It's a top pull.

    Airborne Bicycles. Goblin Frameset

    Let me know if you have any other questions, thanks!

    Jeremy
    Please Note: I no longer work for Airborne. If you have an Airborne question or problem please contact them directly.

  49. #499
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    431
    Hey Jeremy, regarding the photos on the website, is the stem flipped on the bikes (negative "rise")?

  50. #500
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BigDaddyFlyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,829
    Quote Originally Posted by trevor_b View Post
    Hey Jeremy, regarding the photos on the website, is the stem flipped on the bikes (negative "rise")?


    Hey Trevor,

    Yes, that's correct.

    Jeremy
    Please Note: I no longer work for Airborne. If you have an Airborne question or problem please contact them directly.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •