mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Need BB and crank info for Skyhawk

Is the Skyhawkís crank riveted or removable chain rings? Suntourís site didnít list the specs for the crank. Friend of mine just got the Skyhawk and bashed his chain rings on a concrete dropoff. Need to know if he has to replace the whole crank or just the rings, can you also get me the bb specs? Thanks!

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by mavtek View Post
    Is the Skyhawkís crank riveted or removable chain rings? Suntourís site didnít list the specs for the crank. Friend of mine just got the Skyhawk and bashed his chain rings on a concrete dropoff. Need to know if he has to replace the whole crank or just the rings, can you also get me the bb specs? Thanks!
    The chainrings aren't removable; a new crank will be needed.

It's a square-tapered BB so cheap replacement cranks are plentiful for it.
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    He'd like to go ahead and upgrade instead of keeping the low end, I'm not seeing anything mid range or upper range with a square taper. I'm thinking he should just get a new BB with a new crank, but is the bb 68 or 73?

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    68mm.

Airborne Product Dude
    The BB is 68. If you buy a 73 most of them come with two 2.5mm spacers to make it 73.

Hope that helps!
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    If you are looking for a budget solution, I'd check out the Raceface Ride X-type, it will fit either 73 or 68. and can be had for about $60. Its pretty light too.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Thanks guys! I was surprised to see a 175mm crank on a 16" bike, is that typical for Airborne in that size?

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by mavtek View Post
    Thanks guys! I was surprised to see a 175mm crank on a 16" bike, is that typical for Airborne in that size?
    We tend to do 175mm in 16" frames because most recreational riders pedal at low rpm's and can use the extra leverage that 175's give.
    Airborne Dude.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Race Face Ride 3X9 Crankset Oe 2010 > Components > Drivetrain > Cranksets | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop
    He ordered this one, shipped free I'll install it probably next week and take a pic for you guys.