mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm Mountain View Video - Sun, Sand, Snow - CRASH - Rinse and Repeat!

First ride Saturday at Mountain View Trail, I didn't even know this trail existed! This trail is the best marked trail I have seen, with lots of interconnecting inner-loops, each marked with a bright arrow. I rode the outside loop, which just came in under 9 miles, with an elevation gain of 1,027 feet. Much like Alien Run (which is on the opposing canyon ridge), the course has lots of varied terrain mixed in, some decent climbing, and almost 2 miles of return downhill. I had a blast even though I crashed out twice, but lets just say the second sand-eater wasn't my fault... Enjoy!

Money doesn't buy happiness, but you can buy a bike, and that is pretty close.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Awesome! Love how you changed the music when you restarted after the crash. Wonder why the guy stopped like that. Must not have realized you were so close.

mtbr member
    Thanks Mike - my first attempt at Sony Vegas for editing - a very overwhelming program, but it made for a good sound edit.

He stopped due to he couldn't see the trail going into the wash, he thought he was going to go off a five foot drop - needless to say, the trail was just fine... First wrecks on the silver frame, so I was overdue!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Any damage to the bike? My first wreck on the trail put some pretty heavy scrapes in the paint on my Reba

mtbr member
    Well, where I crashed the sand was stupid deep (grabbed the front tire and stopped the bike, I kept going), so the landing for me and the bike was pretty soft. I went over everything yesterday, but didn't see any real damage. Most of the damage on my bike comes from loose baby heads that I kick up into the frame from other trails. As long as I don't crash in a rock garden, most of the time the crash landings aren't bad at all. The nice thing about Mt. View, not a single rock garden at all to contend with.

Resident Gear Head
    Why cant I see any of your videos? No link, no embedding, just your posts text? Same thing with your other thread
    2 Hands Working Do More Than 1000 Hands Praying

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by provin1327 View Post
    Why cant I see any of your videos? No link, no embedding, just your posts text? Same thing with your other thread
    It could be your browser or pc - everyone here at work is able to watch it (and laugh), but here is the direct link to the video. Mountain View on Vimeo