mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Just Picked Up the Goblin!

Hey guys,

I've been lurking here for what could be a year or so and finally pulled the trigger on a new bike. After moving from the Trek Mamba to the Guardian and generally all over the place, I finally decided to jump on the Goblin.

Definitely looking forward to the maiden voyage next week!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Re: Just Picked Up the Goblin!

Congrats, I love my goblin.

TXTony
    Awesome...Goblin Greatness

Captain Climber
    Welcome and Congrats!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I too have been lurking around here the last year or so. Found my way here while looking to get my first real bike. Ordered a Goblin last night. Now the wait.
    Last edited by Jerryrig; 04-26-2013 at 09:23 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryrig View Post
    I too have been lurking around here the last year or so. Found my way here while looking to get my first real bike. Ordered a Goblin last night. Now the wait.
    Now the wait indeed! I'm hoping it goes out today, but even if it doesn't get shipped till Monday it will arrive by Thursday next week. FDXG transit from Cali to Texas is only 3 days. Definitely looking forward to a weekend with the new bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJaJa View Post
    Now the wait indeed! I'm hoping it goes out today, but even if it doesn't get shipped till Monday it will arrive by Thursday next week. FDXG transit from Cali to Texas is only 3 days. Definitely looking forward to a weekend with the new bike.
    I ordered a Guardian last Saturday (4/20) and it did not ship until Wednesday (4/24). I live in the Houston area and it is scheduled for delivery tomorrow (Saturday). I was hoping it would go out Monday but they must be busy right now.

I just looked up the tracking and it just left a facility in DFW and its on the way to Houston. That driver better drive carefully! Tomorrow is going to be a good day!

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Bike came in today, a day earlier than predicted! Going to throw it together tonight and try to go for a ride tomorrow afternoon.

Captain Climber
    Can't wait to see the pics!

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    After getting the front disk brake tuned up I took it out for a spin and got it a bit muddy. I'll throw some pics up as soon as I get a nice sunny day where the trails have a chance to dry out.

I do have a situation where the head tube is a bit squeaky, is that just normal to break in?

Overall the bike is absolutely fantastic so far, it definitely stands out and gets a lot of looks in the sea of specialized and trek's at my local trails. The 22" inch frame isn't the most subtle either!

Airborne Product Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJaJa View Post
    After getting the front disk brake tuned up I took it out for a spin and got it a bit muddy. I'll throw some pics up as soon as I get a nice sunny day where the trails have a chance to dry out.

I do have a situation where the head tube is a bit squeaky, is that just normal to break in?

Overall the bike is absolutely fantastic so far, it definitely stands out and gets a lot of looks in the sea of specialized and trek's at my local trails. The 22" inch frame isn't the most subtle either!
    Glad you like the bike!

Check to ensure that the headset is tight. Not so tight that it inhibits movement, but tight enough so that there is no play.

Your noise may have nothing to do with the HT/HS though, as it could be the cables rubbing against themselves or the frame/fork.

Jeremy
    Airborne Dude.